Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: do you ever wake up + suffer from some sort of short-term amnesia?

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    No one will be surprised that I experience this.

One time I forgot where I was and for some reason tried to launch myself off the bed with my eyes closed, thinking the bed faced the other way. I slammed straight to the wall and saw stars for a while after.
    I've done this before. Usually happens after I rearrange the room or if I'm someone new though.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Once or twice I've woken up and thought I was at home for about 5 seconds when stating elsewhere but that's about it. I'm boring, sorry!

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Grin

No.

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Grin

No, I don't think so.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I only get confused if I wake up and I'm not in a familiar place. It only tends to happen if I fall asleep on a couch at a friend's. I'd have to be really tired to fall asleep on a couch.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As someone who regularly has trouble with his sleeping pattern and ability to perform that task at all. I can confirm that I've woken many a time not understanding the time, day, date, what I was meant to be doing, or when I actually fell asleep. I'll remember stuff from earlier in the evening but after a certain point it's just black. I know I was up later because I'll have had a full blown convo with someone online. Or I'll be a hundred pages deeper in to a book I'm reading but I'll have no recollection of the events themselves.

I believe it has to do with your body clock, sleep requirements and how deprived you've been prior to the sleep. It's not a nice feeling and it's hard to explain to your office boss. That being said, my Doctor last time I mentioned it said it was fairly routine but didn't explain it at all. I'm not settled by that nugget of information one iota.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

The only times I am confused when I wake up is if I wake up somewhere I do not remember going to bed. This happens... never, really.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

FFXIV Character

Akiki Moonflower (Moogle)

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    As someone who regularly has trouble with his sleeping pattern and ability to perform that task at all. I can confirm that I've woken many a time not understanding the time, day, date, what I was meant to be doing, or when I actually fell asleep. I'll remember stuff from earlier in the evening but after a certain point it's just black. I know I was up later because I'll have had a full blown convo with someone online. Or I'll be a hundred pages deeper in to a book I'm reading but I'll have no recollection of the events themselves.

I believe it has to do with your body clock, sleep requirements and how deprived you've been prior to the sleep. It's not a nice feeling and it's hard to explain to your office boss. That being said, my Doctor last time I mentioned it said it was fairly routine but didn't explain it at all. I'm not settled by that nugget of information one iota.

it's such a bizarre feeling, but if it's down to sleeping patterns mine changes drastically when i've got time off work. other than that i'd have no explanation for it.
    waking up feeling compos mentis is hard enough let alone not remembering who you even are
    or where you're at.
    sleep's an odd thing.

:freak:

FFXIV Character

Akiki Moonflower (Moogle)

falling asleep on the couch always reminds me of when i used to do that as a kid then get carried to bed
    why can't this happen now?

:freak:

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Sometimes I go to sleep turned around on the opposite side of the bed than I normally do, and when I wake up i'm surprised to a see a different dresser than usual for a second. That's about it.

Sometimes I'll jump out of bed thinking I'm late, only to look at the clock and realize I can sleep for a few more hours. This is a victory.