Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: do you ever wake up + suffer from some sort of short-term amnesia?

FFXIV Character

Akiki Moonflower (Moogle)

ichigo do you ever wake up + suffer from some sort of short-term amnesia?

this probably sounds a lot more dramatic than intended.
    i can only assume we've all been there though,
    you wake up in your own bed, your own room + as far as you were aware you had no alcohol/other substances.
    yet you still wake up feeling confused to no end??
    like this morning i was almost even asking who i was, for a good thirty seconds i had NO idea what was going on.
    i'm not a sleep expert but left to my own conclusion i'd say i was stuck between the waking + the dreaming world.

lucid dreaming is a whole different subject altogether + it's wonderful /dreamy sigh.

:freak:

Articles
    Blog Entries

Can't say I experience any of that. The only thing I tend to forget after waking up is the dream I just had, but that happens to everyone. Not sure if I ever lucid dream, unless changing minor details about the dream with a thought counts. I read that you can only lucid dream when you're aware you're dreaming but... I'm always aware when I'm dreaming. It's always blurry and things tend to feel distant than that of real life.

i used to wake up having a seizure but now i have pills to stop that and i just wake up as normal now

Formerly Important Lonely Paper Star's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Saerin Vanagloria (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

Once, my body-clock was completely off. XD So, I woke up from a nap, in the evening. My dad came to get me for dinner and I argued with him for five minutes how it was 5:30 in the morning and that I needed to get ready for school.

Starting on my left with one, your number comes up, you go.

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Can't say I experience any of that. The only thing I tend to forget after waking up is the dream I just had, but that happens to everyone. Not sure if I ever lucid dream, unless changing minor details about the dream with a thought counts. I read that you can only lucid dream when you're aware you're dreaming but... I'm always aware when I'm dreaming. It's always blurry and things tend to feel distant than that of real life.

you're lucky!
    i mean, it's only a slight inconvenience but i quite like to wake up with a somewhat clear mind, u'no?
    i find if i don't write down my dreams or tell somebody within the first ten minutes of waking up i'll forget it, very few stick in my mind...unless they feel familiar.

that almost sounds like lucid dreaming, but as you said it's being able to control what you're doing.
    if you keep that in mind, i'm pretty sure you'd be able to dream however you want tho'

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't ever get confused upon waking up really. Usually, the first thoughts I have upon waking up are either "Okay, go through every detail of my dream" and/or to immediately think about what I need to do to get ready for what I have going on.

I have woken up with sleep paralysis before, and that was scary and confusing. I had no idea what was going on because I couldn't move my body. I just went back to sleep with the thought "Well, if I am now paralyzed for life, no use losing sleep over it." It was weird.

Edit: Also, I don't enjoy lucid dreaming. I always find me controlling dreams makes things far less interesting than what my dreams do by themselves. I can lucid dream quite easily, though.

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Parker View Post
    i used to wake up having a seizure but now i have pills to stop that and i just wake up as normal now

that sounds absolutely horrific holy moly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely Paper Star View Post
    Once, my body-clock was completely off. XD So, I woke up from a nap, in the evening. My dad came to get me for dinner and I argued with him for five minutes how it was 5:30 in the morning and that I needed to get ready for school.
    hahaha!
    i feel u
    it's like when i first arrived in australia when i stayed there for a couple of months
    jetlag is so bizarre, except i had absolutely no idea what time it was?
    i'd be waking up at silly o'clock in the morning + being absolutely convinced i'd slept for an obscene amount of time yet still not really know where i was at.

i try not to nap for that reason ;c
    but sometimes they're necessary...+so gooood.

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_ffgamer View Post
    I don't ever get confused upon waking up really. Usually, the first thoughts I have upon waking up are either "Okay, go through every detail of my dream" and/or to immediately think about what I need to do to get ready for what I have going on.

I have woken up with sleep paralysis before, and that was scary and confusing. I had no idea what was going on because I couldn't move my body. I just went back to sleep with the thought "Well, if I am now paralyzed for life, no use losing sleep over it." It was weird.

Edit: Also, I don't enjoy lucid dreaming. I always find me controlling dreams makes things far less interesting than what my dreams do by themselves. I can lucid dream quite easily, though.
    it takes me a good hour or so before i manage to wake up completely + that's usually with the aid of caffeine.
    i can only half-think my plans through, ha.

that must be quite terrifying, even if you're aware of what it is, i think. most people would think the worst, that's certainly an interesting way of looking at it. i haven't thought about what i would do, i can just hope it doesn't so i don't freak out...or i'll just try + remember what you said.

that's cool c: i don't think i'm trained (is that the right word?) enough to control them completely.
    i vaguely remember in one dream i was able to fly freely, i tried again a few days later + i was completely useless. so clumsy + flying into trees. SO FRUSTRATING.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

No.

Maybe you should see a doctor if this happens to you frequently.

Jet lag doesn't affect me a whole lot either. Takes me a day or two to adjust, and no confusion or anything is involved.

Also, your posts will be a lot easier to read if you use a normal font size.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    No.

Maybe you should see a doctor if this happens to you frequently.

Jet lag doesn't affect me a whole lot either. Takes me a day or two to adjust, and no confusion or anything is involved.

Also, your posts will be a lot easier to read if you use a normal font size.
    ughgh sorry, i'm terrible when it comes to font sizes like seriously bad.

but oh no it doesn't happen often at all, but when it does i think nothing of it because it's mostly just being really groggy u'no?

only long haul flights get me bad...+ who am i to refuse sleep, it's glorious.

Blog Entries

Nope never had anything like the op happen before.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lalunae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post

you're lucky!
    i mean, it's only a slight inconvenience but i quite like to wake up with a somewhat clear mind, u'no?
    i find if i don't write down my dreams or tell somebody within the first ten minutes of waking up i'll forget it, very few stick in my mind...unless they feel familiar.

that almost sounds like lucid dreaming, but as you said it's being able to control what you're doing.
    if you keep that in mind, i'm pretty sure you'd be able to dream however you want tho'

Only lucid dreaming I managed to do was making a tornado appear outside my house and having two guys transform into Alucard and Anderson while battling it out in my church. I don't even want to think about the collateral damage that happened after I woke up.

Blog Entries

I have Alzheimer's, I'm pretty sure.

I forget what I tell people and wind up repeating stories multiple times.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

No one will be surprised that I experience this.

One time I forgot where I was and for some reason tried to launch myself off the bed with my eyes closed, thinking the bed faced the other way. I slammed straight to the wall and saw stars for a while after.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Closest I can remember coming to this was waking up one morning in University at about 4am. For some reason I thought it was time to get up, got out of bed, turned on the TV and found the 90's X-Men cartoon on Teletoon. It was a weekend so just getting up and watching TV was pretty normal. Took me a good 15 minutes to catch on to what time it was and realize I should still be asleep.

Needless to say I finished the episode before going back to bed.