Thread: Getting my Nintendo Hard on

Default Getting my Nintendo Hard on

So I got a Nintendo classic off of eBay. It was supposed to have all of the hookups included but when I opened the box, I didn't see the adapter cable cord. I waited four months to build up the throw-away money to buy one online, but then I realized, the video/audio cables had been included in place of the adapter. I could have been playing it the whole time. So far, I've played Metal Mech (bitch of a game), Battle of Olympus (I'm close to the end), Crystalis (beat it and got all of the items, shields, and armors), Mega Man 4 (beat it without E tanks), Twin Eagle (half-way), Legendary Wings (reached the final boss and then got my ass handed to me), Destination Earthstar (wtf hard), Double Dragon (beat a pair of Abobos on Level 3 then these purple-haired creeps beat me down), Xenophobe (got 999,990 pts... there's absolutely no point to this game), and Monster in my Pocket (beat it... it's a very short game). The gun that came in the box doesn't work... sad face.

I originally owned Bionic Commando, but I don't know what happened to it as I can't find it.

Anybody else still have a Nintendo or got one recently? Any other good games I should try to find?

EDIT: Other games I own include Joust, Punch Out, George Foreman's KO, SMB 2 & 3 (beat 3), To The Earth (needs gun), Wolverine, Dynowarz, Tetris 1&2, and Donkey Kong. Some of these were given to me and are not telling of my preferences. I did like Wolverine though.

Does the light gun produce a visible light or is it a laser? (been a while) if it's supposed to be visible, mine must be defective.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Madonna View Post
    The old NES light gun does not work with modern televisions. Get an old-school CRT television and blast away happy.

EDIT: Looking at screens of Willow, it does look promising. It even looks better (graphics-wise) than the original LoZ. I used to own a Ninja Turtles game... I don't know if it was 1 or 2, but I don't know became of it anyway. I also owned and got pretty far in Iron Sword (W&W2), Dark Wing Duck, The Batman game.
    Last edited by Mercen-X; 04-22-2014 at 05:52 AM.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The castlevania games are all great. You should definitely pick up Super C. That's one of my favorites on the NES.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I wish I still had a NES. You should look for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II if you're a turtles fan. That game was awesome to play!

Someone please change the thread title to something less... suggestive.

I have an NES, but all I've played since I hooked it up again recently was Mega Man 2. I recommend the first 3 Mega Man games.

Forget Mega Man 4, get 2. Castlevania 1-3. SMB3, Contra 1, Duck Tales, Battletoads, Wizards & Warriors 3, MOTHER, Mike Tyson's Punch Out, Zelda 1 & 2, Dark Wing, Ghosts n Goblins, Maniac Mansion & Gargoyles Quest II.

Blog Entries

Get ALL the Mega Man games. They're all good.

Also get Willow if you liked Crystalis. Very similar game, but based off a movie, and the game uses passwords instead of a save battery.

I have an NES that I just got (the 3rd or 4th one I've had), but don't have a huge collection for it anymore. I just have Rad Racer (a good game, there was a sequel made too, the games were made by Square), Tecmo Bowl, and Tetris.

Here's a list of suggestions:

Monster Party
    Punch-Out
    Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom
    Startropics
    Street Fighter 2010
    Battletoads
    Darkwing Duck
    Ducktales 1 and 2 (2 is hard to find because it was one of the last games for NES)
    Chip 'n Dale
    The Little Mermaid
    Strider
    Destiny of an Emperor
    Final Fantasy
    Kirby's Adventure
    Mighty Final Fight
    Double Dragon 3
    Wario's Woods
    River City Ransom
    Xenogears is the tragic story of how your whole life can take a crappy turn, just because you happened to see a lady in a wedding dress before her wedding.

This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broken down
    This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broke down

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I've had the same NES since 1986. Never giving it up.

Blog Entries

The old NES light gun does not work with modern televisions. Get an old-school CRT television and blast away happy.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

little samson. go big or go home!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

>Ctrl+F Legend of Zelda
    >no results

C'mon guys pick it up. Get yourself the golden cartridge.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    >Ctrl+F Legend of Zelda
    >no results

C'mon guys pick it up. Get yourself the golden cartridge.
    In fairness, Zelda should really go without saying.

I just beat Twin Eagle tonight. A couple of nights ago I scrolled all the way up to the castle level but got scrapped at the beginning so all of my powerups and bombs were gone. Given that there are very few power-up and bomb opportunities on this level and it is full of missile launchers. So when I managed to crawl to the castle, dying repeatedly along the way and using up my continues, I sat there for 30 seconds firing my useless default weapons and lost the rest of my lives before I even put a dent in the castle. For years, I never thought I'd get that close and then tonight I beat it. I still had 13 bombs left in my inventory. Two speed boosts and a level 4 missile power-up and I spent at most 15 seconds razing the castle to the ground. I was so excited. I had never seen the ending to the game before. Now I have no reason to ever play it again. lol

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?

I've finally beaten the Mario trilogy. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to as I had severe difficulty in just getting the game to function. By the end of 3, I believe my score was about 1,900,000 give or take. Not the highest score by any means. I completed the original while participating in Mr. Shauna's High Score Challenge although beating didn't net me my highest score.

I had an SNES for so long, until we let a family member stay at our house and his smurfing kid smashed my smurfing SNES, and I didn't find out until they left and I went to play my Super Mario RPG.

My dad smashed my first NES. It was a punishment for sneaking out.