Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Harry Potter

FFXIV Character

Minami Chan (Moogle)

Apparently a Harry Potter stage show is in the works. I heard that it'll be set before the time Harry discovers he's a wizard. Not sure how much truth is in it

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I've read that somewhere as well. As much as I love HP, that premise honestly doesn't interest me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

FFXIV Character

Minami Chan (Moogle)

Nor me. Doesn't seem a good idea at all

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I recently re-read the entire series. I had re-read the first 4 books several times over the years, but not the last 3. The last 2 books in the series I felt were particularly a let down and I only ever read them once, the night they were released.

Re-reading everything in one go, my opinion is a little better about how the series ended. But still, the last 2 books were way too bloated and frankly BORING in parts, and I just didn't like what Rowling ended up doing with the characters of Harry and Dumbledore. I noticed that she tried to explain away Dumbledore's incredible stupidity toward the end by having Dumbledore apologize or worry about his shortsightedness, a few times actually, but I don't think that was enough to make up for the weakness of the plot and the characterizations.

Harry became such an insufferable asshole in the 5th book. I thought it might be better upon giving it another read, but nope. It was even worse. You can't just wave it away by saying he was a teenager. He was an asshole teenager. He recovered, but damn, that was not a fun book.

Also, Ron has to be the worst "friend" eveeeerrr. He is a terrible character with no redeeming qualities. He's mean, he's a bully, he has no special talent aside from being moderately good at chess, he can be cruel and demeaning, and he has such paper thin loyalties. And he's dumb as a brick. What an awful sidekick to have for all those years.

All that being said, the first 4 books are among my very favorites. I love them. I think they're magical and I love inhabiting that world. Love it love it love it.

The movies are interesting in that when I'm watching them, I think, "Oh hey, this is pretty good!" and then within a few days, I literally cannot remember what happened in them. More then once I've watched one of the movies and seriously wondered, "wait... have I seen this before? Did I watch the one before this? I must have..." It's so weird how unmemorable they are to me. I can remember scenes and visuals and the music. But the bulk of the movies just slip away from my memory. I don't know what that's about. They just don't stick in my head.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Haha, I love Ron, but I see your point. Have you ever listened to Harry and the Potters?

They have a song that starts out:

Hermione is smart
    Ron has red hair
    And they're my two best friends here at Hogwarts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think it's fairly common to have the male friend be a bumbling idiot and the female friend be some kind of genius. Just look at Buffy. :flounder:

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

And The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.