Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Suikoden II Let's Play - With Many Screenshots!

I just finished Suikoden 2 a few hours ago, amazing game. The relationship with Riou, Jowy and Nanami is just amazing.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Biiig update time. Aaaaaand we get some new recruits

So we head over to Muse with our new pass.

371.png

So why are we stopping?

372.png

Oh okay. That's a... brilliant plan.

373.png

Why? Because Pilika is a girl, stupid. It is much more believable when a boy the same age as us acts like our son. Jowy protests.

374.png

I choose that answer because :3

Jow is not so amused.

So we head on up to the guard and get some super acting from Nanami.

375.png

The guard then asks us who is Alex, Hilda, and Pete. he is, SOMEHOW, suspicious of Jowy being our like 6 year old son, Pete.

376.png

Huh?

377.png

I thought this plan was fool proof! I have no idea how this happened.

So we get our butts thrown in prison and Nanami and Jowy start arguing. Jowy says Nanami overacted and Nanami says she was just acting like a 28 year old woman (she wasn't) and she blames Jowy. They ask me to pick a side.

378.png

Nanami was slightly worse, but I don't like picking sides. The guard barges in and tells us to shut up and get some sleep. Rude much?

So I can't sleep and go up to Jowy and we start talking.

Jowy remembers the visions we had (also known as memories) when we got our runes.

379.png

He says he was jealous because even though his family was rich and he got whatever he wanted, he didn't have the connection that Riou, Nanami, and Genkaku had.

He asks if he think we will ever go back.

380.png

This seems to cheer him up a little bit.

381.png382.png

He then gets sad again. He says he was happy (basically) with Pilika and her family, and he liked her calling him Uncle Jowy. He wanted to protect her, and he failed.

I will say this, the dynamic in this game with Jowy and Pilika is brilliant. I think its great seeing that side of Jowy. It's one of my favorite parts of this story.

he says he wants to end the war, and he will do whatever it takes.

383.png

Pilika wakes up and Jowy apologizes for waking her. He lays her back down to sleep. Then we get some rest.

We wake up the next morning to find Flik and Viktor have come to bail us out. Again.

He tells us he was worried about us and he calls Nanami a few names and Nanami gets upset and angry and eventually they move past it and are better friends then ever! All of that is true except the friends part.

384.png

Kay, thanks for the directions.

385.png

Nanami then raises a fuss and Viktor lets her come along too. He isn't happy about it though.

I go drop off Pilika with Leona at the tavern (good place for kids) and then proceed to walk around town to buy armor and things.

But what's this?

386.png

Sure, why not, strange lady.

387.png

Okay!

Then I head south a little bit.

388.png

He asks if I saw a woman.

389.png

Nope.

then I head towards the entrance of the town because why not.

390.png

:O!!!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

391.png

Well this is weird. They then decide to have a gun fight RIGHT AROUND ME.

It looks kinda like this:

392.png

Then they leave, one being chased by the other.

Oh kids these days and their drugs.

Anyways, I finally head to City Hall.

393.png

So we head over and interrupt the woman in a meeting.

394.png

The man compliments her excellent leadership skills and he tells her she has no time for brown-nosers and people who's mouth works faster than their feet. She tells him to leave, and he runs out.

Annabelle comes over, Viktor is in awe at her leadership skills, and introductions are made. Annabelle hears Jowy's name and asks about his family.

395.png

I don't like Jess's face. Then she asks about Genkaku.

396.png

She asks how he is doing and Nanami informs her that he died a year ago. She then says something about never being able to atone for their sins against him, and when asked, she replies that she is very busy and we will discuss it later. She then leaves us under the care of Jess.

Jess

397.png

He leaves me alone with Jess and we get to wander around City Hall. We decide to walk in on him talking to some dude.

398.png

Gee, what could we do with these? Jess spots us and we ask what's up.

399.png400.png401.png

I agree to this, because why not. Nanami fusses at me, but she agrees. So we have our next mission! I think I'm supposed to go Northeast? It's North something, I'll figure it out.

But first, let us wander around town.

402.png

Oh look, it is our old friend Tuta! He asks how we're doing and I tell him we're okay and he takes us to see Huan.

403.png404.png

Yaaaay a new recruit

#57. Chijyu The Beast Star; Fuang Fu Tuan: The Purple Bearded

Fun fact: Tuta occupies the same star in Suikoden III where he looks like this:3544034tuta.jpg and star #57 is usually occupied by a healer.

13/108

Now let's head to the tavern!

There is a lady here!

405.png

Sure, why not. I head over to Leona, who gives me a refill and I hand it to the lady. Then I leave town for no apparent reason and come right back. Then she asks if I have ever seen a lady swordsman before (or swordswoman, if you will) and I say I've never seen one so beautiful. This makes her happy. Then I leave town once again for no apparent reason and come right back. She asks for some Antitoxin. I give her some. Then she asks if we are fighting or something and I say yes and ask her to join.

406.png407.png

And another recruit! (If you miss Tuta, he joins automatically later on, and Anita can be recruited two different ways later on in the game if you miss her here. Let me know if you need help!)

#24 Tenkyu, Lewd Star; Mu Hung: The Indominable One

14/108

Now why don't we head back to the Mercenary Fortress for funsies.

Oh look, there's someone here!

408.png

Well he isn't allowed, so he starts to leave and he spots us.

409.png410.png

After the introductions, he takes his leave. I head back to Toto.

Here he is again! What luck!

He talks about how terrible the town looks. He asks if we are fighting against this. I say yes.

411.png412.png

Yaaaay!

#106 Chimou (Chikou) The Rat Star; Pei Sheng: Rat in the Daylight

14/108

This star was also occupied by Templeton in the first game (where he looked basically the same, but two years younger) and it is usually held by the map maker of the game.

We also now have a map!

That's all for today! Hope you enjoyed it

Shion, are you going for all 108 stars and perfect ending? Also is this your first time playing it?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I am going for all 108 stars. And this is actually my third playthrough

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Man you're really tearing through this, good stuff! I am very much enjoying it

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Shion, I haven't been reading this thread because I haven't played this game yet and want to avoid spoilers, but I just wanted to say it's super cool that you're doing this and putting in a million pictures and everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Banana View Post
    MukuMuku
    :mukumuku: ?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Thanks for the positive feedback guys . It is nice to know some people are enjoying it. I'll post up another update later.

I am actually not playing with a walkthrough, I'm going through this off of memory. So it is possible that I miss some stuff. Although I am pretty certain I'll manage all 108 stars.

And if you need help recruiting some stars, Pike, this thread will be here for you in the future

Good stuff. I started a new save on Suikoden (1) last night, luckily it's much shorter than 2. :P So glad I held onto my copies of these games seeing what they go for on online now. :O Getting all 108 is tricky even with a walkthrough. Are you doing Clive's and any other side stories?
    Last edited by NeoExdeath; 01-12-2014 at 04:46 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I won't be able to do Clive's sidequest. I have him set up to recruit, but I spend too much time on video games :P. There is no way I'll be able to get there on time unless I use a cheat or something, which i really don't feel like doing.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Update time again!

So we head basically dead North and arrive at the border. Someone tells me I can't pass.

413.png414.png

415.png

So he guides me to the woods and then I go through and fight bunnies and find treasures.

Note: There is a character to be recruited later on that you need to have escaped from 50 battles to recruit. I have been randomly picking battles as I go to escape from so that i should hopefully meet this quota by the time he can be recruited.

So we get to the end of the forest, where the camp is.

416.png417.png

That big tent. Over there.

It's obviously guarded though, which is a bummer.

It's conveniently enough the ONLY tent that is guarded.

So we head over there and someone comes up to us, noticing our Youth Brigade uniforms. he asks what we're doing here, and Jowy tells him we escaped from the attack way back when.

418.png

Just goes to show that not everyone in the Highland Army is evil. A lot of them don't really know what happened.

419.png

I respond with the first one because I'm trying to not be suspicious, and a bunch of kids who thought they were attacked by the City-State would probably have a bit of a grudge.

So he lets us past, examining us one last time before deciding we couldn't be spies with faces like these

We get in the provisions tent by saying we need butter. Butter is pretty important, so I can see why they let us in.

420.png421.png

So we exit, but are sadly met by a familiar face.

An ugly, familiar face.

422.png

He then points out the irony of the fact that we really are spies this time!

Irony, huh?! Amirite

So we run for it, because really. And we hide in the fanciest tent we can find.

It is occupied by princess Jillia.

423.png

She tells him to leave. He insists. She tells him to leave again. He insists again. She says...

424.png

He leaves.

425.png

That's a cool name. My next playthrough of this game I should name Riou that.

426.png427.png

You can't say she isn't polite.

She sits us down for some tea, and talks about her brother, Luca. She asks if I've heard of him. Just a little, Jillia. Just a little.

428.png429.png

She explains that she is beginning to realize that there is nothing she can do to stop him. She then tells us things have calmed down, and we can leave.

I tell her the tea was good :3

So we head out and are once again greeted by ugly face. Getting real tired of you, Rowd.

430.png

So there's a fight. It is over really quickly.

Rowd decides to call more soldiers.

431.png

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

432.png

I tell him I can't leave but he insists.

433.png

Riou runs.

Rowd tells Jowy he will get us both and that Jowy is wasting his time trying to protect his friends.

434.png

That's a really great moment for Jowy there. Very touching. He then uses his Black Sword Rune.

Meanwhile...

Riou catches up with the others, but are immediately swarmed by soldiers. The battle ends in my favor.

435.png

I tell her I'll explain later, but now we have to run.

436.png

Head back to Muse we do!

Nanami suggests we go see Jess, but he's in a meeting, so we can't.

Jess

Then Nanami suggests we go find Flik and Viktor.

Flik and Viktor are at the bar getting drunk.

437.png

Out of concern, apparently.

Nanami explains the situation and how Jowy is missing, and Viktor rages a little bit.

438.png

But, says Nanami, we already tried. He's busy. Viktor says he has a trick.

We head back to City Hall and Viktor basically body tackles the poop out of the poor man guarding the door to the office. Flik says it's some trick and Viktor replies with:

439.png

Jess is of course upset by our barging in, but no one cares about Jess anyways. They ask if it was true that Jowy and Riou were sent to spy.

440.png

Jess defends his behavior by saying they needed to know how much provisions the Highland Army has, so they can plan accordingly. I tell him 2 weeks worth. Viktor rages some more. Viktor and Jess fuss at each other.

441.png

Anabelle tells us there's nothing she can do.

We end up back at the tavern. Nanami asks if I think Jowy will be okay, and I reply that of course he will.

442.png

So we go wait by the gate for Jowy to come back.

443.png

I reject her offer. We sit for a minute. She offers again. I reject it again. Pilika comes out, huffing and puffing. She obviously ran over. She starts to cry, but Nanami reassures her that Jowy would never break a promise and that he will come back. Pilika waits with us. Nanami tells a story about when Riou got lost in the woods. Her and Jowy waited just like this.

She offers again for me to go to sleep.

444.png

I reject it again. She continues her story.

445.png

Pilika dozes off at some point.

446.png

But then, what do we see in the distance? It's Jowy!

When we see him, and he sees us, we all run towards each other.

447.png

He assures us he kept his promise and he is happy we waited for him.

D'awww

We wake up to Nanami fussing at us for sleeping in. Apparently a week has passed since the incident. She tells us we need to get our butts moving because

448.png

I wonder what it could be?

I guess we will find out next time

Hope you enjoyed!

One of the most saddest bits is next.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

No update tonight, sorry . I've had some things to do and now I just want to go to bed.

I'll post up more tomorrow!

Probably >.>

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

THIS IS NOT A FULL UPDATE

I will be doing my full update tonight. This is just a small one because I am leaving soon, and it will make things advance more quickly tonight.

We head over to Jowston Hill and see Viktor. Jowy asks what's going on.

449.png450.png451.png

He says we can get inside if we stick with him. He goes up to the guard and declares who he is. The guard asks for ID. Viktor says his face is ID. This isn't acceptable to the guard.

Flik walks up and makes sure Viktor isn't planning to use his "trick" again. The guard instantly recognizes him as Flik of the Blue Lightning and lets everyone in. Viktor asks how they know Flik's face and not his own, and Flik is just as confused.

We enter the meeting room, Anabelle and Jess enter first, followed by 3 men. One of them tells Nanami to mover her keester, basically. Nanami starts to rage.

452.png

Nanami finds herself tongue tied. Camus' friend Miklotov asks what he's doing. He says he's being a good knight, and asks if his friend has a problem.

453.png

The two knights then leave to take their seats.

Everyone is introduced, but I won't repeat it all because you're going to see them all anyways.

454.png455.png

It is said that they slaughtered many towns already, including Viktor's Mercenary Fortress.

456.png457.png458.png

That was Hauser. He is of the rare black Suikoden species. You don't see many of them.

459.png460.png

That's how it's different, she says.

461.png

She replies with "How dare you..." That was pretty rude, guy.

462.png

Makai says his soldiers are also tired.

463.png464.png465.png

Granmeyer tells him he should watch what he says. Man, Gustav is one ugly man.

A random guard appears and talks to Jess. He then leaves.

466.png

Gorudo finally admits that this might be serious. Anabelle orders them all to amass their army's.

And that's it for now. Find out what happens later tonight!