Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Suikoden II Let's Play - With Many Screenshots!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Update time!

I head back to South Window to rest and buy some new armor and what have you. The I head back to North Window to face Neclord.

601.png

The sword calls him something like stupid meat puppet and in we go! There weren't many fights and it wasn't a long dungeon. Just wander around, move a statue, light a candle, and off we go.

602.png603.png

Viktor seconds this statement by telling Neclord he should prepare to die!

604.png605.png

He summons a girl.

606.png

Viktor is surprised to see Daisy, who we can deduce was his former lover.

607.png608.png

I yell at Viktor not to give him the sword. Kahn points out that we can't defeat Neclord without the Night Rune (the sword). The sword doesn't care either way.

609.png610.png

And so he chops off the fake Daisy's head.

611.png612.png

He takes off and summons a creepy looking beast in his place.

613.png

The only difficult part about this fight is that the thingy gets to act twice in one round. He doesn't do too much damage though, and Riou can easily heal them all up with his rune. Kahn also has a rune that was pretty much made for this fight.

614.png

Screen fades out.

615.png

Viktor says he's right.

Don't worry Viktor, we're here for you.

616.png

Viktor says thanks, and Kahn leaves us.

I'm not a huge fan of Kahn, but I do think it's cool how he has his hands in his pockets during fights, so you expect him to use a dagger or something, and he ends up pulling out a full sized sword.

We start to head back to South Window, but we have some company. Nanami wonders what's going on.

617.png

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

That was fast. I just left!!

618.png619.png

Screen fades out.

We are in the meeting room of North Window castle. Freed demands Flik tell him everything.

620.png621.png622.png

That's awful . Imagine coming out and seeing your mayor's head...

Just awful awful awful.

Flik explains that he escaped because he was with women and children. Rina asks who helped him escape exactly, and he tells her to be quiet. Nanami does the same as us with ????

623.png

They ask what we should do and I say we can find a way. The others act like I'm crazy and are instead for running away. Eilie is on my side and tells us there's more than just running away. They all perk up and someone comments that we can't keep running to the end of the world.

Apple says there is a way!

624.png625.png

She is asked if she has an idea. She says she has sadly proven that she isn't up for the task. But...

626.png627.png628.png

Nanami asks if he is handsome and Apple says she doesn't know anything about that.

Sure Apple, sure.

I take her and Nanami. My optional characters I take Tuta, Zamza, Tsai, and Mukumuku because they are behind on levels. Tuta has basically an auto-medicine rune though, which is pretty useful.

Also, I have a headquarters now! North Window got cleaned up (incredibly quickly) and it will now house the hero and our Stars of Destiny!!

So we head to Radat and I get an item appraised at the appraiser. Something extremely convenient happens and I end up with a Celadon Urn, which is the exact item I need to recruit this appraiser later on in the game. So I hold on to that.

We head to Shu's house. Nanami comments on his richness.

He comes out and says he knows what we are going to ask, but to go ahead and ask anyways.

629.png

That's a pretty big thing. She says he isa monster and many people will suffer because of him.

630.png

Apple asks why not. She says he knows what will happen if Luca wins.

631.png632.png633.png

Apple is outraged. She says that this is not what Master Mathiu (the strategist from Suikoden I)55805931201202261500262127423042257_012.gif taught them. Shu points out that Mathiu had him expelled. He asks us to leave.

Apple is visibly upset when we exit. She says Shu thought of her like a sister. She said Mathiu told him not to use his mind for the wrong side.

634.png635.png636.png

She says we should go gather some info.

That's it for today! Hope you enjoyed

Articles
    Blog Entries

That isn't a real vampire. If he was a real vampire he would have taunted, laughed, attack head on, take a trout ton of damage, regenerate, summon his hellhounds and then consumed everyone! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Probably a good thing he isn't a real vampire.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sooooooooo I'm an idiot who saved over my save file with THE STARTUP SCREEN

So I won't be updating for about a week while I catch up. Sorry guys

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You should combine game saves and the emulator's savestates next time

And then there is Death

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have a game save state, but it's way back before we get to Kyaro. I'm certainly keeping up both saves this time xD

Articles
    Blog Entries

Wow, that sucks. Good luck replaying.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I Have literally spent hours over the past 2 days replaying the same scene over and over again because they randomize your party after and I'm desperately trying to get Shiro and Kinnison together in my party. I'll get one or the other, but not both. But I'm fed up and I can't spend a week doing this, so I'm giving it 3 more tries and if it doesn't work out, then I'm going to have to move on.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shion View Post
    Sooooooooo I'm an idiot who saved over my save file with THE STARTUP SCREEN

So I won't be updating for about a week while I catch up. Sorry guys
    I heard the most pathetic sound when this happened.

I thought she physically hurt herself, like stubbed toe. Sad girlfriend was sad.

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by shion View Post
    I Have literally spent hours over the past 2 days replaying the same scene over and over again because they randomize your party after and I'm desperately trying to get Shiro and Kinnison together in my party. I'll get one or the other, but not both. But I'm fed up and I can't spend a week doing this, so I'm giving it 3 more tries and if it doesn't work out, then I'm going to have to move on.
    If the party random thing is done when the scene ends, savestate right before it ends and check party, and if not good, reload that savestate.

And then there is Death

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I tried that, but I'm not sure at which point it randomizes it. I tried about 30 seconds before the end and kept resetting and it was the same party over and over.

Either way, I have moved on now and got back my Bright Shield Rune. I'm trying to look on the positive side of now I get to use some different characters! There's a bit of dialogue with them so I got to see some new dialogue too. That's not so bad.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Turns out it was a good thing I got stuck with different characters because it turns out that Shiro and Gengen have a combo attack and IT IS GLORIOUS!!!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

One dungeon away from where I was !!!

*Should* be able to post up a new update TOMORROW!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

UPDATE TIME FINALLY WOOHOO There will be two posts after this one with the new progress.

Okay but first, it's a bit long, but in case you aren't all caught up, here is a recap for anyone who wants it:

Characters who join automatically will have a next to their name and characters who do not join you automatically will have a next to their name. There are a total of 108 recruitable characters in this game, and the goal is to recruit them all.

Part 1
    Riou, our hero, and his friend Jowy are a part of the Highland Youth Brigade. The Youth Brigade is hit by a surprise attack, said to be by the City-State, who they just signed a peace treaty with. Jowy and Riou find out that their captain, Rowd, and Highland itself is behind the attack. Jowy and Riou manage to escape by jumping off a cliff in to a river.

Recruits: 1
    Riou

Part 2
    Riou is found by two mercenaries, Flik and Viktor and is brought to their fortress as their prisoner where he does chores. Jowy finds him eventually and they manage to escape. Their plan is to head back to Kyaro, their hometown. On the way there, they meet traveling performers, Eilie (who has a crush on Riou), Rina, and Bolgan. The gang travels together to reach Kyaro and separates there.

Part 3
    Riou and Jowy arrive back to find out they have been labeled traitors. Riou goes home to find his sister, Nanami, who tells him of the situation. Rowd arrives and takes them all prisoner. We learn that Highland is trying to declare war on the City-State and making it seem like they are behind the attacks, when they aren't. Jowy and Riou are to be executed. Just in the nick of time, Viktor and Flik arrive to rescue them, and they all escape back to the Mercenary Fortress.

Recruits: 2
    Mukumuku: Examine the tree behind the Dojo in Kyaro 3 times before going to see Nanami.
    **If you miss him here, he can be recruited later on with much more difficulty, depending on your luck. You have to walk between the path of Greenhill and the Greenhill/Muse border with a free spot in your party and wait for him to show up. This could happen right away, or in my boyfriends case, hours later.
    Nanami: Joins now if you decide to save her before escaping. If not, she joins automatically later on after the Mercenary fortress is destroyed.

Part 4
    The gang heads back to the Fortress where they get some free time for recruiting. Jowy and Riou eventually end up in Toto, where Riou meets a girl named Pilika, who's family had taken Jowy in after they jumped off the cliff. Pilika asks Jowy and Riou to go get an amulet for her to give to her father for his birthday. When they return, they find Toto has been burned to the ground. There, they meet a girl named Apple, who wants to see Viktor.

Recruits: 8
    Genegn: Joins upon returning to the fortress
    Rikimaru: Find him in Ryube next to the Inn. Agree to pay for his meal.
    **If you missed him here, this can be done later on in Coronet.
    Millie: Also in Ryube, agree to help her find Bonaparte in the forest and beat him in a fight.
    Kinnison: In Ryube Forest, find a birds nest on the ground and put it back in the tree. Leave the area and return in a few minutes.
    Shiro: Same as Kinnison.
    Zamza: Speak with him in Toto with Nanami in your party.
    **If you miss him here, you can recruit him later on in South Window with Nanami in your party after defeating Solon Jhee's army.
    Apple: Joins automatically after returning to a burned down Toto.
    Hanna: Return to Toto after recruiting Apple and speak with her.

Part 5
    We bring Apple to speak to Viktor and she warns that Luca (Prince of Highland) is coming for the Fortress. Viktor sends me to Ryube forest to find a man named Tsai, who can repair weapons known as Fire Spears. We go get him and come back to find that Ryube is also being burned to the ground. We head back to the Mercenary Fortress and prepare for battle. We win the first one, but the Highland Army comes right back and defeats us. The Mercenary Fortress is burned to the ground. Viktor tells everyone to escape to Muse. On the way, Pilika stops us in Toto and there Jowy and Riou think of their friendship and receiver the True Runes of The Black Sword Rune (Jowy) and The Bright Shield Rune (Riou).

Tsai: Joins automatically when you go see him about the Fire Spears.

Part 6

The group heads to Muse to find that they can't get in without a Pass because of teh attacks. So they head over to White Deer Inn and find a man named Alex, who runs the Inn with his wife Hilda and is a treasure hunter. He agrees to lend them the Pass if they help him search for treasure. He find a Healing Herb as the treasure, which helps save the life of his wife, who had fallen ill as he searched for his treasure. He gives us the Pass and we head to Muse.

Part 7
    Once in Muse, we meet with Anabelle, the leader of Muse, and chamberlain Jess. Anabelle talks of Master Genkaku, the adoptive father of Riou and Nanami. She doesn't say much. We later meet up with Jess, who asks us to sneak in to the Highland camp and see how much they have in the way of provisions. So they head over and are caught by Rowd. They first sneak in to Princess Jillia's tent to hide, and talk with her. She says her brother, Luca, is a monster. When they leave the tent, Rowd had been waiting for them and he sets up an ambush. Jowy hold them off with Riou escapes. Nanami, Riou, and Pilika all wait in to the evening for Jowy to return, when he does eventually.

Recruits: 3
    Tuta: Speak with him in Muse after being sent to sneak in to the Highland camp.
    **If you miss him here, he joins automatically after defeating Solon Jhee's army later in the game.
    Anita: Speak with her in the Inn in Muse after being sent to the camp and do stuff for her and compliment her. Leave the town in between each time. She will join you.
    **If you miss her here, You can do the same thing in the Inn in Banner Village later in the game
    ***OR you can bring Valeria (future potential recruit) to the Inn in Banner Village later in the game and recruit her that way.
    Templeton: After being sent to the camp, head back to the Mercenary Fortress and speak to him. After that, head to Toto and speak with him again.

Part 8
    After a conference where Anabelle asks the City-State for reinforcements fighting off the Highland Army, we enter battle. We manage to hold them off for a bit, a small victory, and Jowy begins acting strangely. Riou and Nanami head over to see Anabelle to discuss Genkaku, but instead they find her dead, assassinated by Jowy, who runs away. Muse is taken over by Highland and everyone makes a plan to escape and meet at South Window.

Gilbert: Damage his unit (meaning he gets one sword sticking out over his unti) in the war battle to protect Muse.

Part 9
    Riou and Nanami head south to get to South Window. They unfortunately find out that no boats are allowed to leave, by order of Luca. They meet Eilie, Bolgan, and Rina in Coronet and they try to come up with a plan together. They meet a man named Tai Ho, and his brother Yam Koo, who agree to take them on their boat if Riou winds a dice game. When he does, the group heads south where Tai Ho and Yam Koo take their leave. Eventually they reach South Window, where they meet up with Flik and Viktor once again. Viktor arranges a meeting with Granmeyer, Mayor of South Window, to ask for money and help. Granmeyer agrees, but asks Viktor to investigate North Window, Viktor's hometown, because it is said to have a monster. He sends Freed Y with Viktor to help.

Recruits: 6
    Eilie: Joins in Coronet.
    Rina: Joins in Coronet.
    Bolgan: Joins in Coronet.
    Viktor: Joins in South Window.
    Flik: Joins in South Window.
    Freed Y: Joins in South Window after meeting with Granmeyer.

Part 10
    The group heads to North Window and finds Neclord, an enemy of Viktor and a vampire. The village is a ghost town, ahving been destroyed by Neclord years ago. In order to defeat him, Viktor brings us to the Cave of the Wind, to find the Star Dragon Sword, a talking sword. We also meet a man named Kahn, who also wants to kill Neclord. We return to North Window and Neclord escapes, leaving us with a monster to fight.

Part 11

After defeating the monster, North Window is restored, becoming our headquarters. We learn that Granmeyer was killed and South Window was taken by Highland. Apple has a plan to recruit the strategist Shu, but he refuses.

Total recruits: 22/108

UPDATE COMING UP NEXT

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Okay so we went to see Shu, who refused to help us. But we aren't giving up yet!

We head over to the tavern and as we are leaving, Shu enters. Shu tells us he already gave us his answer.

637.png638.png

She says if that's what it takes, then yes.

639.png640.png641.png

He tells her she should be ashamed of herself. What a jerk

642.png643.png

We look for another way to get his help. We find a man named Richmond.

644.png645.png646.png

We agree and he shoos us of to the Inn, saying he will report back when he finds something out.

We are awoken from our sleep by Richmond, saying he has news. Nanami is startled and freaks out a bit, but settles down after she remembers what's going on.

647.png

He tells us to go wait by the bridge, because he will have to cross it eventually.

Morning comes and Apple has already forgotten the midnight talk. Nanami reminds her and we head to the bridge to wait.

Shu eventually arrives, telling Apple there is nothing to talk about. Apple persists.

648.png649.png650.png

He takes out a coin and throws it in to the river below.

651.png

Nanami tells her this is ridiculous and tries to get her to give up.

652.png

We ask random NPC man if he can close the sluice gates. He says no and makes some... erm inappropriate threats to Apple about hurting her. Apple says he should hurt her if that's what it takes. Nanami tells her to chill out.

653.png

The man tells him and Amada refuses. Riou asks him again. Amada says he has a soft spot for courageous kids.

654.png

I accept.

655.png