Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Suikoden II Let's Play - With Many Screenshots!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Suikoden II Let's Play - With Many Screenshots!

I can't sleep so I figured I might as well start this. I dunno how often I'll update but I know it is an expensive game, so I will share it's joy with you all!

I will post screencaps of all of the dialogue decisions that happen in game. My answers will be the highlighted option. It will be very screenshot-centric because I didn't spend 2 hours waiting to be able to take screenshots for nothing!

Here we go

001.png

Start up screen. Pretty standard. I name our Hero, Riou.

The game starts with a blonde boy named Jowy coming down past a bunch of tents and enters one. He sees our hero Riou and comments that he has already changed out of his uniform. He understands, because they are both excited to get back home. Jowy comments on a girl named Nanami, saying ever since her grandfather died, Riou is all she has. At this point, Jowy asks if we want to go to bed yet.

004.png005.png

We walk around the campsites until we arrive at one where a blonde man scolds us for being out of uniform and tells us to get back to bed. There are a few other people we talk to who give us some good information. We are a part of the Youth Brigade and we are finally getting to go home because there is currently a peace agreement being signed. Fun times were had by all. End game. No really, we just head back to our tent.

006.png

So we head back and I get asked the same question as above, but I choose the second option this time.

007.png

Ah, a good nights rest. Nothing bad ever happens when video game characters sleep!

008.png

OHMIGOSH WHAT?!!? Unheard of!

010.png

I think it might be a surprise attack by the City-State! They may broken the peace agreement! You can tell he is serious by the various exclamation points.

011.png

Sounds like a plan, Stan.

012.png

This is an optional speak, but it is touching, so I included it.

So instead of heading East, we head West because... uhm... that is where the game let us go, I guess. Jowy promptly tries to climb up the cliff.

013.png

It's like there's a reason he said to go East!

014.png

East, I messed up, I got it.

Captain Rowd is suddenly followed by some soldiers. Jowy asks if they're reinforcements, but then we hear a voice basically telling us we are idiots for not knowing East from West. Who is this stranger? Rowd identifies him as Prince Luca.

015.png

This is suspicious. I don't like his face.

016.png

Yeah, really.

017.png018.png

Oh, okay, I feel so much better now. As long as I've helped your career I can feel better about the fact that my Captain is going to murder me. All is well!

This of course leads to a fight, because seriously that is some crap right there. After a few hits the soldiers go down.

019.png

Rowd is a stand up fellow.

How do we get out of this one?

020.png021.png022.png

Whatever, you and your logic and your thinking. I guess we will have to jump for it!

Jowy then proceeds to slash a tree.

024.png025.png026.png

Riou slashes over Jowy's slash, making an X on the tree. A promise between friends.

027.png

That's our introduction! Hope you enjoyed it and I will see you next time!

Good stuff, I've not played the series before so I'll be following this with great interest.

FFXIV Character

Minami Chan (Moogle)

Man i love this game so i will be here with every update You just started and its already making me want to play it all over again

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Okay much update time! It will be done in a few posts because of image limits.

So when we left off, Jowy and Riou had jumped off a cliff. Fun times were had by all.

Then we see the opening credits, which shows flashbacks of Jowy and Riou, and Riou's sister Nanami. It shows them as kids, the death of Riou and Nanami's grandfather, joining the Youth Brigade, leaving their home, and so on.

Then we arrive to this:

028.png

This is a familiar face to those who have played Suikoden I. Riou wakes up in a strange place. The man asks for his name.

029.png

After telling him, he asks what happened and how we ended up in the river.

030.png

Viktor comments that there was supposed to be a peace treaty, and then asks if Riou is from Highland.

031.png
    032.png

Another man approaches from the left. Viktor calls him Flik. Another familiar face. He comments how they saw another boy washed up by the river.

033.png

This is sad news.

034.png035.png

Alright, a fort! Is this like, a pillow fort?!

036.png

It is not a pillow fort. And I'm being held prisoner. That's kind of crappy and mean and rude and other things. Find a kid washed up in the river after jumping from a cliff? Make him your prisoner! Thanks a lot, Viktor :/.

He leaves me and the next day I have a young man enter my room. Maybe he's here for sexy times

037.png

Or, he is going to force me to do labor. Less cool. What follows is me pushing boxes against a wall and picking up some rope. Thrilling stuff! Now he apparently has another errand for me to do.

038.png039.png040.png

I wonder what all of this could be for? I do want to eat though so off I go in search of those items.

The boots are given to me by this large, angry looking woman.

041.png

Then the blacksmith gives me the flints.

042.png

I head upstairs and speak with the barkeep lady.

043.png

And then head over to the item shop for some flour.

044.png

I like how he adds the apostrophes to 'flour'. Like its allegedly called flour or maybe its a code for Suikoden drugs or something. I go talk to Pohl (hehe) about going to Ryube.

045.png

Aren't you guys afraid I'll escape or something? Just take off and leave and never come back? You just let your prisoners travel around all willy-nilly?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

The answer is yes, he is going to let me leave all willy-nilly. But he tells me to speak to Leona the barkeep first so I can have an entourage.

046.png

So she calls on Gengen (a.k.a. sharkys favorite character) to accompany me to Ryube.

047.png

Gengen talks about how he is a proud warrior, and he doesn't need to babysit. Leona tells him that a proud warrior such as himself should honour a lady's request.

048.png

We are about to leave when suddenly, a wild Tuta appears!

049.png

Tuta is quite alarmed. When Gengen says where he is going, Tuta insists on joining him.

050.png051.png052.png

Leona pulls her lady charm again and suddenly Gengen is all for this mission.

I like his little outfit with the shorts and stuff. Its pretty cute.

053.png054.png

And next time we will head off to Ryube!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

So we are heading to Ryube with Tuta and Gengen.

055.png

We finally get to leave the fortress.

056.png057.png

Gengen gets all happy after I address him as "Captain Gengen."

I do a bit of grinding and head up to Ryube village, which contains my favorite character of Suikoden II. Sadly, we can't recruit her just yet.

058.png

That's what I'm talkin about. Mah main man Tuta wants to go have some fun after

So we head to the item shop and ask for some "flour", if you know what I mean. Except I don't even know what I mean.

The woman at the counter immediately recognizes Gengen.

059.png

Then she asks what we want, unmoved by the proud warriors words.

060.png

How much flour do they use? She adds it to our tab so I get FREE MUAHAHAUAHA!

For anyone playing this game or who will play this game, there is an Inn thing where you can stay for free. At any Inn I'm pretty sure. Go to the "Rest" option and select it. It will then ask you if you want to save or not. Cancel the rest (press O) and it will exit you back out, not having rested or charged. But your characters will be fully healed. FOR FREE

After we get the flour we head back to the fortress and give the flour to Pohl. gengen and Tuta go on their way and Riou gets to have dinner.

061.png

Yaaaay! The next day I get a super cool job of wiping up oil with a rag. Pohl tells me I have a natural talent for it, to which I respond "Of course." Because I'm cool.

062.png

See? Pohl agrees with me. Afterwards it is time for some sleeps.

063.png

What's this? Who could it be?

064.png

Jowy of course!

065.png066.png067.png

So it looks like we're making a break for it! We run quickly upstairs aaaaand

068.png

Well darn. If there is one thing I don't want to do, it is anger the adults.

Jowy points out that we are outnumbered. Because I apparently can't count. I wouldn't even need to count actually, just look at the screen.

069.png

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

070.png

This leads us to the meeting room.

071.png072.png

Jowy is honest and says yes.

073.png074.png

I decide to tell Viktor the truth, partially because it is the right thing to do, but mostly because I was scrolling too fast.

075.png

Viktor then asks what Jowy was planning to do once he rescued me.

076.png

Viktor asks if he still plans to escape and Jowy says yes. Viktor then decides to imprison us both again anyways.

077.png078.png

He said he had heard of another young man at the fortress and so he came here to rescue me.

Dinner time! It's been a good day.

079.png080.png081.png

Fancy~~~ Eating soup with a spoon. What kind of luxury resort do you think this is?!

We continue eating and Jowy offers me his carrots. Riou proceeds to just stuff his face.

082.png083.png

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

084.png085.png086.png

And now we are home free!

I wonder if we will escape this time

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's been a few years and Leona still won't teach me anything

Please continue with this LP because Suikoden II is the best game ever and I am enjoying your commentary

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

I hope you push the Muse / Matilda border off the hinges and use the Black Sword Rune to its maximum potential.

FFXIV Character

Minami Chan (Moogle)

Loving this so far! Its making me want to play it again but i don't know where my disc went and i have no clue on using emulators

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Big update today! When we left off, Jowy and Riou were planning their escape from the Mercenary Fortress.

We head up the stairs and Jowy sees two guards and comments on the fact that the front door is locked. But he has a plan.

087.png

What is he going to do with that?

088.png

Set something on fire. Go...Jowy...?

Then we rush up the other stairs and head out on to the balcony.

089.png090.png

We climb down to our freedom.

Tbh I didn't hate being prisoner there. There wasn't much work and I had a place to live and sleep and eat. Plus Viktor amirite?

Jowy stops our escape to chat right in front of the place he just threw an oily fiery rag and that we are escaping from. He tells me that he thought about the night of the attack.

091.png092.png

Danger is my middle name. Jowy says we should go back because Nanami must be worried sick. So first we head over to Ryube. There is a large crowd gathered.

093.png

There's a fire breather, a fortune teller, and a girl juggling knives. The knife juggler suddenly steps out center.

094.png

"Who, me?" Says the giant ? over Riou's head.

095.png

Riou really does have a cute face. Not in like the attractive cute way but in the puppy cute kind of way. She thinks its in the attractive way though

096.png

Eilie is not happy with this introduction and she scolds Bolgan, telling him to say it the way she taught him. So he introduces her as the magnificent knife-thrower Eilie.

097.png

That too.

098.png

Oh, well. That's just.... super.

099.png

I have what appears to be a watermelon on my head. Some kind of melon? Not sure. Anyways, I take Rina's advice and I don't move.

My head is still attached. We continue this cycle with several more fruit.

100.png

Some multicoloured pumpkin, bananas, and finally an apple. The whole audience sweat drops at the apple, but when she succeeds they all cheer greatly for a long time.

101.png

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

102.png103.png

We have made some new friends !

Jowy makes our introductions for us and tells the trio we just met our entire life's plans, which so far means getting to Kyaro.

104.png105.png

Oh there is some kind of a Mist Monster :O. That is concerning. So they ask if we can all travel together.

106.png

I would like to say the second one, but I'm not that much of a smooth operator.

107.png108.png109.png

All right! Time to head through North Sparrow Path, which is of course to the North.

We arrive and find two guards blocking our way. They say we aren't allowed to pass.

110.png

Everyone pleads with them. We need to get by, they say. But the guards won't budge.

111.png

Rina sweet talks the Captain in to speaking with her in private off screen. The screen fades out an back in to indicate a certain amount of time passing. Rina and the guard return.

112.png113.png114.png

Not satisfied with Rina's first answer, Jowy asks her again once we pass by the guards.

115.png

We head up the mountain and do some fight and junk before we get to this spot:

116.png

Me too, Eilie. Me too.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Our first boss fight! It is the Mist Shade. He is vulnerable to fire, I think, which is convenient because both Bolgan and Rina have some fire magics.
    117.png

After a little while, he is defeated.

118.png

Aw, shucks. We couldn't have done it without you either! Probably.

We continue to the end of the mountain.

119.png

Eilie comments sadly that that is where we will part ways.

And that is all for now, folks! If I remember correctly, we get to recruit our first Star of Destiny next time!

FFXIV Character

Minami Chan (Moogle)

Ohhh i like Rina. She's my favourite out those three