Thread: A Nightmare on Elm Street

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default A Nightmare on Elm Street

Yeah, they made a game of this. It was on the Nintendo Entertainment System and once again it was done by LJN which seem to have garnered an interesting reputation for themselves >.>

Like with JAWS I didn't know anything about the movies or Freddy Krueger, so all the obvious things that were wrong about it (like coming across more as a generic Halloween game) went completely over my head. On the plus side that did mean I got to enjoy it more. I used to play the game with my brother and we had a blast. I always liked the music that blared from the radio to get you to wake up.

Has anyone else played this game?

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've only seen AVGN play it, and my roommate talked about how he liked it as a kid. I almost picked up a NES cartridge of it when I saw it at vintage stock, but it was $20 and I didn't think it was worth it.

Someday I do want to try this one out. I love the Nightmare on Elm Street movies, and the game actually looks pretty fun. Definitely looks better than the Friday the 13th game.

Also related, I'm pretty sure LJN was behind the Spiderman game, Maximum Carnage, which is pretty fun. I don't know how many other games they did that are actually good.