Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: ToriJ plays FINAL FANTASY VIII!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default ToriJ plays FINAL FANTASY VIII!

On the PlayStation 3! You're crossing the streams! (I don't think that's how the reference works) I just need to turn on the TV here... (Can the PS3 even play PS1 games?) Sure it can! *tries turning on TV, can't* Just as soon as I get the TV on here. Can't even turn on the television *hits the remote* (I don't think that's helping...) Quiet, you.

Now to grab the game, oh dear lord it's all the way down at the bottom. (GOOD!) It's crushing Final Fantasy IX! *steadily slides it out of the stack and tries not to get the other games to fall on me* There we go. Long time no see, VIII. Do you think it will be able to surpass VII in quality? (AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!) Both of you shut up.

Now it's telling me I need to create an internal memory card. (So, when does playing the actual game start?) CHILLI! Never *tries to get the few crackers at the bottom of the bag out, spill crumbs all over the desk (Now you've done it) I can't get my crackers! It must suck being you Okay, new game time is now!

Ooh, creepy music. What are we doing on a beach? (Who's singing?) Quiet down. You'll be where? Who's talking? (That's what everyone would like to know right now) Is it the girl or the guy talking? Five seconds in and I already don't know what's going on- oh hey, two people are fighting That's me! (Which one?) The guy with the sword. (I repeat, which one) The guy in black! You look like a douche Well, you're pretty judgmental. (I think you're losing) OH NO! That guy just cut your face! Not the face! (You couldn't even get past the opening before being injured) Press and hold X! (...) ...

Dr. Kadowaki: How are you feeling?
    Like I just got sliced in the face with a sword.
    Dr. Kadowaki: Take it easy next time, you hear?
    Yes, mom.
    Dr. Kadowaki: Say your name for me.
    Oh, we have to give our monster a name. What kind of a name is Squall, anyway? That's a terrible name. Let's call him... Tori! That's a wonderful name! Hrm... should I keep the J? (Doesn't he have enough problems without being named after a girl?) Yeah, I'll keep the J. Let's the games begin!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yaayayayayayayaayayay . I'm playing VIII also. I look forward to this.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Before I even got out of bed I had two girls visiting me and then a third wanted me to give her a tour of the Garden. Smooth, Tori, real smooth! I am sad that there was no Garden Festival, that one girl worked so hard on it

"You all know weapons and magic in the cafeteria is prohibited!"

Jeez, Garden students take their wieners more seriously than George R. R Martin.

This game hasn't aged well on the visual side of things, gameplay wise, anyway. I don't know if it's just me having been spoiled by all the newer games I've been playing or my TV. It's a HD TV, I don't have the cable needed to actually use the HD but it's bigger, clearer, so that may be why I'm noticing these things before than compared on the old, smaller TV I had. I just need time to adjust.

btw, you can use the map of Garden and warps to each room as soon as its introduced, not later. I'm still going to run around for old times sake. Ahh! I'm being chased by the girl I helped earlier! Why yes, I am interested in the Garden Festival. I must avenge that poor girl who worked so hard on it

Spent a while at my desk reading up on everything. Some fun stuff in there. Students do not know what a 'suggestion box' is supposed to be use for. Still to this day I can't for the life of me understand the junction system, ehh, I'll mess around with it later. Trial and error, yo! btw, what's up with Fujin? RAGE! IGNORE! WHAT? INSIDE VOICE MOTHER SMURFER DO YOU SPEAK IT!? And Raijin with the 'Ya know' OMG he's Wakka, or Wakka is the Final Fantasy X Raijin. I don't know any more. Lots of dots going around with Seifer. I shall call him the master dots. What's this about arresting people, now?

I got some cards too. Time to go suck at playing a children's card game after I get some exploring done. Internal memory cards are so cool. I was worried it wouldn't save there for a second.

Edit: Don't play anymore my left foot, Doc.

And instructors have groupies...
    Last edited by Ayen; 12-30-2013 at 10:13 PM.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

After watching a friend play both ff7 and ff8 with hard mode hacks put in, I can't get any enjoyment out of the standard games anymore. They were easy before, but now they seem like they could be completed by a blindfolded monkey
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Finally figured out how to play the card game. All this time I thought the four numbers were adding up to a total, not being divided individually to decide who take who depending on card placement. Now I get it.

Think I'm getting the hand of the junction system finally, too. Managed to beat Irifit only using Shiva once for dialog sake because I stocked up on Blizzard before the fight.

I love the whole Balamb Garden setup, I would very much like to go to school there.

Next stop, Dollet!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Do you think it will be able to surpass VII in quality? (AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!) Both of you shut up.
    This had me dying xD

Since I picked up IX, I've been wanting to play this one again! I need to order it.

I was so tempted to pick this up on steam a couple of days ago, then I remembered i still have the original ps1 version and the PSN version on the PSP so it's a bit pointless.

Still, glad you got the ps3 for Christmas, I love these topics.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Do you think it will be able to surpass VII in quality? (AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!) Both of you shut up.
    This had me dying xD
    Appropiate, because the game has me dying, not literally. I don't know why people find these characters annoying, I'm laughing my butt off over here.

Quistis is so sassy, one upping me and Seifer.

Quistis: Good luck.
    Seifer: Instructor... I hate it when people wish me good luck. Save it for a bad student that needs it.
    Quistis: Okay then *looks right at Seifer* Good luck, Seifer.

Seifer: This is great *laughing* I have Chicken-wuss and a guy who just reached puberty in my squad..."

That's the line that has me dying over here and Zell is so hilarious with the crap he does. I need to go fetch myself a drink.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I do find Zell annoying. I find Squall's initial brooding annoying, but he lightens up for me over time.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was thinking of doing an FFVIII let's play soon, but I'll settle for reading yours, haha.

FFXIV Character

Minami Chan (Moogle)

Zell's brilliant XD

I was tempted to do a lets play/live stream too but i probably won't.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'll attempt doing live streams sometime in the next few months probably, if I figure out how twitch works and all that.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    I do find Zell annoying. I find Squall's initial brooding annoying, but he lightens up for me over time.
    I get the brooding. I just find Zell's antics too over the top and hilarious to do anything else except laugh. They're teenagers, their hormones are driving them crazy and making them do stupid things and it's funny because it's not you.

I about had a freak out thinking I wouldn't be able to equip Quezacotl because I left it with Quistis and then I remembered the switch function. Whew! *wipes sweat from forehead*

Edit: Every time the screen cuts into a battle I fear it's going to ruin my TV. Leave my screen alone!

Man, these soldiers are WEAK! "They still look like kids." *gets KO'd in a few hits* Who are the kids now? Not much to draw around here, sadly. Not even the monsters had anything I didn't already get before. I like how all of a sudden I'm bonding with Seifer and we're excluding Zell, nothing like giving each other a scar on your face to bring a pair closer together. "One day I will tell you about my ROMANTIC dream!" *bursts out laughing* I'm sorry, it's funny.

Selphie finally caught up to us, she doesn't get lost back at Garden anymore 'cause I helped her out. I do what I can *bes sexy* I jumped off a cliff! Zell didn't seem to excited about that, but he rose to the occasion. Dad came in asking what I was laughing about and then tried to pronounced Selphie's name.

How do you pronounce Selphie?
    Last edited by Ayen; 12-31-2013 at 12:27 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Zell and Selphie are the best.

I pronounce Selphie like Selfie. Self-ee

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight