Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vampires

omg sarah i saw that movie recently and i loved it =D but i also saw the first dracula movie... in like black and white last summer.

i have not seen twilight because everything i heard about it is bad and people keep telling me how horrible it is xD

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dracula is a classic. So is Nosferatu.

i guess because i am a kid myself i did not care if she is bad or not but she must have been good enough or i would have noticed :x

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Grin

Yeah, but:

Dunst was great. Most seem to agree hr and Cruise stole the whole movie. Although I enjoyd Pitt as Louis. Louis is just not a popular character in general, the poor thing. He doesn't fit into the way people want to think of vampires ie. gaudy, living forever is awesome, superpowered badasses. That's why so many loved Lestat, even though he's almost as miserable as Louis when you strip away all his posturing.

But yes, Pitt is a good actor and he did well.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I enjoy Louis' literary character. I think Brad Pitt was too broody and sullen as him.

now i want to ask my aunt if i can borrow this movie again :x

Articles
    Blog Entries

Interview with a Vampire was a brilliant movie with a brilliant cast all around and I say that as someone who is indifferent towards Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise in general. Queen of the Damned needs to be burned, shot, stabbed and thrown into a tub of acid so that it may never harm another living soul again. I only read brief parts about the book it adapted and my god did they smurf up.

Another old favorite of mine, besides the black and white Dracula which is legend, is Bram Stoker's Dracula 1992 'cause Gary Oldman and Winona Ryder.

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Interview with a Vampire was a brilliant movie with a brilliant cast all around and I say that as someone who is indifferent towards Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise in general. Queen of the Damned needs to be burned, shot, stabbed and thrown into a tub of acid so that it may never harm another living soul again. I only read brief parts about the book it adapted and my god did they smurf up.
    Some times I just have to agree with every word you say. It's messed up!

I like Buffy's vampires the best. They leave very little mess when they die. They're rather polite that way.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    Antonio Banderas is not MY Armand.
    The only person cast properly in that film was Tom Cruise because he plays a perfect furious, sadistic, self-obsessed asshole. Everyone else was pretty bad, but it's still a guilty pleasure of mine.

I had to shut the Queen of the Damned film off.

Can we... is it okay to talk about Lost Boys? Because that is another really bad vampire movie but I love it so much xD
    When I was a kid, I used to watch The Lost Boys every single day for over a month, freaking LOVED that film.

If we are going to talk about favourites, then Interview with the Vampire was my favourite. Bought it on BluRay a few weeks ago and I don't regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I like Buffy's vampires the best. They leave very little mess when they die. They're rather polite that way.
    I loved the Buffy/Angel series, was majorly disappointed when they decided to stop making Angel.

Articles
    Blog Entries

*has the entire series of Buffy the Vampire Slayer on DVD*

Oh yes, although not entirely crazy as the rest of the world when it comes to vampires, but I do love Interview with the Vampire, Vampie D (art done by Yoshitaka Amano Final Fantasy fans!) and own all of Buffy and Angel. I prefer Angel more than Buffy though.

I also didn't mind Twilight, although I think I just liked the first one and the last 30 minutes of the final one, because I can't remember what the hell the other movies were about. I try to stay a way from vampire related things so its usually years after a tv show or vamp movie comes out until I stumble upon it. Not really my preferred type of fantasy.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I finally watched the first movie to see what all the huba duba was about and it was nowhere near as bad as people said. But I don't think it's the movies where most of the hate stems from, it's the poorly written book that somehow passes for literacy where most of the hate stems from and I can understand that, only made it four pages through. I find it funny it's the 'sparkling vampires' bit that people get the most fired up about. Because I think Twilight as a story has way more problems than just making vampires glitter.

Ya know just because I love me some pretty yaoi vampires doesn't mean i can't appreciate the....uglier side of things.

smurf YOU EVERYBODY GOOD NIGHT!

Also the true King of the Vampires