Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bravely Default - let's make friends!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Bravely Default - let's make friends!

So, I know there is a thread on Bravely Default. I just got this game, though, and thought it might be a good idea if we exchanged codes and made friends within the game. You know it's gonna turn out useful

So yeah, this thread is dedicated totally to players of Bravely Default exchanging their 3DS friend codes.

Here's mine: 5343 - 9356 - 0497. My name is Patryk and I am looking forward to exchanging data with you guys

FFXIV Character

Minami Chan (Moogle)

ohhhh i'll add you! I'll give you my friend code once i've got my DS with me. Its upstairs and i'm cooking dinner right now. Think my name is Minami on there but i could be wrong

Edit: my friend code is 3368-2066-0318
    Last edited by Minami; 01-04-2014 at 11:32 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Minami View Post
    ohhhh i'll add you! I'll give you my friend code once i've got my DS with me. Its upstairs and i'm cooking dinner right now. Think my name is Minami on there but i could be wrong

Edit: my friend code is 3368-2066-0318
    Thanks, I just added you too

Articles

I played the game without streetpassing anyone who owned it. Funny thing is I didn't really need to.

Once every 24 hours or so you can go to the trader and "Update Data" and "Add Friends" over the internet which allows you to receive random data from the internet. Each person adds a population of 1 to the town, and allows you to summon them in battle once.

I ended up having 32 people in my towns population which was encough to max out everything by chapter 6.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I noticed that and now have a population of 27 Still, friendcodes are useful since you can abilink with friends only. Not that there is a need for that, but it's still neat to share this game with friends.

Also, add friends only adds friends that you have registered in your 3DS friend list. So yeah, there's that.

Blog Entries

Anyone have any idea if friend codes carry over from the demo to the full game?

Mine is 1521-3374-2284 and my name is Bandkanon! Gonna add aaaalll you peoples.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Black Magic Shopkeeper View Post
    Anyone have any idea if friend codes carry over from the demo to the full game?

Mine is 1521-3374-2284 and my name is Bandkanon! Gonna add aaaalll you peoples.
    All two of us :P

Sorry man, I got exams coming up so I probably won't be touching my 3DS til February, but I promise to add you as soon as I do

FFXIV Character

Minami Chan (Moogle)

I'll add you later when I get home from work

FFXIV Character

Tarantio Farseer (Sargatanas)

Hey,

Just got Bravely Default (yesterday) and been really enjoying it! I just thought I'd add myself to this thread, and steal all of your codes (because I don't have any friends who have 3DS's )

I've just unlocked the Special move business, so I'll make one up soon and be somewhat useful for other people (I hope - don't know how it works yet!)

My friend code (well, my wife's actually, as it is her 3DS - can you have multiple users?) is:

4081-6648-2237

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

Once this thing is released in North America in February, you can all probably expect a flood of friend requests.

Before it releases over here, can someone tell me what the Friend Code exchanges are for in this game?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

You can use the moves sent by friends in battle, but you can do that with guests (streetpass) as well. The unique thing that having friends lets you do is anilink - you can link one friends character to yours, so that they have all the Job levels and abilities that they do. I don't really use it since I kind of think it might make games too easy, but I still want to share my characters if anyone wants to The moves I do use sometimes, though.

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wizard of Fynn View Post
    You can use the moves sent by friends in battle, but you can do that with guests (streetpass) as well. The unique thing that having friends lets you do is anilink - you can link one friends character to yours, so that they have all the Job levels and abilities that they do. I don't really use it since I kind of think it might make games too easy, but I still want to share my characters if anyone wants to The moves I do use sometimes, though.
    Wait, you can unlock job levels via friends? That does seem overpowered (if Job Levels work at all the way they do in the games I'm familiar with them being used in).

I really need to play the demo sometime, but there is so little free time, I'm trying to save it for actual games (currently at 169 hours on my Fire Emblem Awakening Lunatic playthrough, it's threatening to eclipse Persona 3 Portable for total time spent playing if I go for Lunatic+).

Could you explain how these moves and abilities differ from ones that you can just unlock on your own?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes, the abilink feature is overpowered, but the thing is you only have the JP of that person's character only as long as your character is linked to theirs and you can only link one character per friend.

The moves you send are the normal moves you can use in battle. Basically, you can send anything you use in battle and all your equipment and abilities are factored in, so it's as if your character just went there to perform the attack.

The Old Skool Warrior LocoColt04's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Crysanthe Mariveaux (Ultros)

I've played the demo, so now I'm just waiting for the NA release. I've really enjoyed the bits I've played thus far! I'm also thinking that running the demo on hard without having played any of it at all beforehand was a bad call, but I adjusted quickly enough. :3