Thread: #eoff Chat Mafia - Saturday January 4, 10AM PST

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Neato. Thanks for setting that up! Looks like a fun variant to the mafia game.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

spewing I missed this

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's not like epicmafia, is it?

Because I tried epicmafia and it was a very bad experience.

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Bleys View Post
    It's not like epicmafia, is it?

Because I tried epicmafia and it was a very bad experience.
    Dunno how epicmafia is, but the way I see it is as a fast-paced version of the game, which more or less matches the timing you would enforce if you were playing the game IRL (which to me is the best way to play it). With the bot settings, day lasts 5 minutes max (ends faster if the village agrees), night lasts 3 minutes max (ends faster if the wolves agreed on a jill and if the seer has checked someone), and the game starts with a night phase. The timing of votes is crucial, since a couple wolves can ninja-squeeze a lynch in the last seconds if they are good at keeping time (and conversely, ninja-voters are prime suspects).

At the moment I'm expanding the bot to add more roles from The Werewolves of Miller's Hollow. In the list below, 0-9 were the original bot's roles (the ones the bot currently running has), and in bold are the ones I've added.
    • # Villager : default role, tries to survive with the rest of the village
    • # 0: Seer: Can scrye at night to discover the identity of a villager
    • # 1: Wolf: Meets other wolves at night to eat a villager
    • # 2: Cursed: Seen as a wolf by the seer but as an innocent by the detective
    • # 3: Drunk villager: no power
    • # 4: Harlot: can visit someone at night and prevent their power
    • # 5: Traitor: appears as a villager, but sided with the wolves
    • # 6: Gunner: has a gun, may kill the wolves at night, may lose his gun upon death
    • # 7: Werecrow: sided with the wolves, can visit a player at night to spy on him
    • # 8: Guardian angel: each night, can protect one player from the wolves. May (will?) die if he protects a wolf. No effect on the little girl.
    • # 9: Detective: can check someone's true identity during the day, may reveal himself doing so.
    • # 10: Witch: tries to eliminate the wolves, has two potions:
      life potion to save the werewolves target, death potion to kill someone during the night
    • # 11: Cupid: tries to kill the wolves ; at the beginning of the game, will choose two players and "marry" them
      The two lovers' fate are linked: if one dies, so does the other. They know each other.
      Their goal is to survive together. If they are on opposite side, their goal is to win against everyone.
    • # 12: Thief: will choose his role between the two that haven't been drawn.
    • # 13: Little girl: villager, can spy the wolves at night, but may be caught by the wolves doing so
    • # 14: Hunter: villager, revenge kills one player when he dies
    • # 15: Ancient: villager, he can survive the first wolf attack.
      If he is lynched or killed by the hunter or witch, every villager loses their power
    • # 16: Shaman: tries to kill the wolves ; has a short time during the night to listen to the spirits
    • # 17: Village idiot: villager. If the village decides to lynch him, he will be spared at the last moment, but will lose his right to vote.
    • # 18: Scapegoat: villager. In case of a tie, he will be killed by default.
    • # 19: Pied piper: His goal is to win alone. He must charm every player alive, up to two each night.
    • # 20: White Wolf: His goal is to win the game alone. The other werewolves think he is a normal wolf, but every other night, he may kill one werewolf of his choice.
    • # 21: Crow: villager ; each night he may curse one player which will have two votes against him the next morning.
    • # 22: Wild kid: villager. At the beginning of the game, chooses a role model. If that player dies, the kid becomes a werewolf.
    • # 23: Angel: his goal is to be eliminated on the first turn of the game. If he does, the game ends and he wins.
    • # If he fails, he becomes a powerless villager
    • # 24: Wolf-father: his goal is to eliminate all the innocents (non-werewolves). At night convenes with the wolves to eliminate a player
      Once per game, he can change the victim of the wolves into a wolf. The infected player keeps his power.
    • # 25: Big Bad Wolf: his goal is to kill the innocents (non wolves), each nights he convenes with the wolves.
      Each night as long as no other wolf is dead, he may kill an additional victim
    • # 26: Sister: villager. She knows the identity of her sister, whom she can trust (and they can chat in the second night phase).

And then there is Death

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

epicmafia is built around day one roleclaiming and follow the cop so it kind of blows. I can't imagine EoFF ever playing such a terrible strategy.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.