or rather, Drekengard 3
coz if you know the franchise you know it's all drek.

I'm actually really overly excited by Drakengard 3 simply because it uses elements from NieR-- which was quite honestly my introduction into the series, and I prefer that over Drakengard 1 and 2.

DOD 1 was ALL angst-- like, there was nothing fun about it to be brutally honest. Regardless, I couldn't help but keep playing because it was so darn intriguing.
Then when I played DOD 2, it was like... wow, this is cheesy. It was kind of like an insult to the first installment.

NieR was a fresh, fun adventure for me with great characters and an awesome sense of humor-- just with a gradually impeding tragedy. And then it got worse. And worse.
And then I just wanted to pick the main character up and throw him across the room screaming.

It's not often a game series deliberately SCREWS with your emotions the way Yoko Taro's Drakengard franchise does, and ultimately trolls you all the way to the bitter end. I guess I could say I'm a bit of a masochist, but I find myself actually wanting more stuff in this style.

Just... it's not something I'd want all the time.

So is anyone else interested in getting DOD3 when it's localized?

(PS: I'm not exactly sure putting this in the General Square-Enix board would be right for me to do, seeing as the Drakengard Series is originally by Cavia... and I like putting Yoko Taro's stuff on its own, seeing as he calls himself a freelancer. I just wanna respect that. )