Page 56 of 220 FirstFirst ... 63646505152535455565758596061626676106156 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that made you happy today!

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Finally went swimming today at the beach. I haven't been to the beach all summer so it was a nice treat. Got a golden tan. It feels good getting sun too and the water was really pleasant. VITAMIN D FTW

EDIT: got this email today:

you have been extended which now qualifies you to receive several benefits through NBCUniversal. As a result, you will have 31 days from today (8/11/2014) to elect your medical, dental, vision, and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) plans (overview and guide are attached)
    Benefits FTW and I can invest in stock through the company as well. Very happy right now.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Silly little thing:

I made an oopsie with one of my challenges. I have a challenge for watching a kids movie I've never seen and another one for watching a kids show I haven't watched since I was little and I somehow mixed them up in my head as "Watch a kids show I've never seen."

But because of that I got to watch a cute little show that I enjoyed more than I thought I would and I had a little bit of a chuckle at myself

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

A few things that made me happy today. One, I really enjoyed the POTD for Smash Bros. It was amusing to see that Masahiro Sakurai is still trolling us, and that made me happy. Another thing, I'm also pretty happy to have made it another day without showing up in #eoff chat. I made it a challenge for myself to not visit for a week, and I've already lasted two days, and I'm heading into day 3. I mean, chat can be a bit of a distraction and I feel insignificant there lately. Lately I've been able to do some things without the distraction such as watching several movies, shows (mostly anime), and also did a drawing or two, so I think this has been making me feel slightly happy. I plan on doing some more drawings throughout the week as I continue this. I think most chatters don't really notice that I haven't been in chat, but I could very well be wrong.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Enter The Comedy Dragon with Myq Kaplan, Zach Sherwin, Patrick Cunningham, Terra Jeffery, and Nic Perez...

Not just the show. The WHOLE NIGHT!! It was AWESOME!! I can't even sleep because my body produced too much dopamine... And that's not a complaint.

When the show started, three of the performers were my friends. When the show ended, all five of them were.
    Last edited by The Ceej; 08-12-2014 at 07:44 AM.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bravely Proto View Post
    A few things that made me happy today. One, I really enjoyed the POTD for Smash Bros. It was amusing to see that Masahiro Sakurai is still trolling us, and that made me happy. Another thing, I'm also pretty happy to have made it another day without showing up in #eoff chat. I made it a challenge for myself to not visit for a week, and I've already lasted two days, and I'm heading into day 3. I mean, chat can be a bit of a distraction and I feel insignificant there lately. Lately I've been able to do some things without the distraction such as watching several movies, shows (mostly anime), and also did a drawing or two, so I think this has been making me feel slightly happy. I plan on doing some more drawings throughout the week as I continue this. I think most chatters don't really notice that I haven't been in chat, but I could very well be wrong.
    You've been gone for two days, man. I don't think many people would notice anyone being gone for that long. Sorry you feel insignificant lately, I'm sure no one wishes you would feel that way. Good luck with your challenge!

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I've got an interview for a job that I've wanted for quite a while tomorrow w/ my company. I could really use a positive change on the job front.

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Breastfeeding is going so well! And I got the breast pump I wanted, covered 100% by insurance! Life is beautiful!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Happened yesterday, but an impromptu Against Me! show in what I would have considered an incredibly unlikely city for them to visit (because nobody comes to or cares about Spokane).

(SPOILER)

Such a great show!

Blog Entries

This is my last night in this Hell hole of an apartment!

We get the keys to the new place tomorrow and dropping off the boxes and the cat and I'm just gonna stay there cuz smurf it. Friday, Jay and his boy are moving the big stuff.

I must secure beer and/or whiskey.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I sat here browsing the internet at work realizing I haven't done a whole lot all week so far. My work volume of the past three days, including being on the line with IT two of the days equaled MAYBE one day of work.

It was a nice comforting thought. I'm getting paid to not work while at work. It's awesome. It's taken me a lot of different jobs and a lot of frustrating bosses and coworkers until I got to this point. The company itself is slow right now but it's about to pick up, they tend to get slow like this during the summer I guess. So it's not that my job is in jeopardy or anything. It's just I'm very good at what I do and very quick. So I end up not doing much in my eyes. Although others see my quick work and knowledgeable self as if i'm working over the required amount.

It's awesome. I am very happy.

Low number of reports. High number of meetings.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

My interview this morning went pretty well. IDK if I'll get the job, but I'm glad I still had a good interview. Hopefully, I made a positive impression.

I also got a few compliments for dressing up today, which was nice, as I usually dress as casual as one can dress business casual.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

New glasses and cheesecake!

Blog Entries

MOVINNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My job continues to be great. They're providing me with free courses/tutorials videos on lyndia. Now I can learn MOAR. Also lenscrafters sent me free prescription sunglasses waiver cuz bday. I will be stylin' and profiln' and also able to see sans contacts.