Page 200 of 220 FirstFirst ... 100150180190194195196197198199200201202203204205206210 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 3298

Thread: Things that made you happy today!

Doing swimming pool renovations (new liner, new concrete around it, convert to salt-water system), and just found someone who can do it all for $9,000 less than what a few companies gave me estimations at. Going through a friend who does that kind of work with his family, so was very relieved to hear this good news today.
    I'm a water dude, jet skis, water pools
    Surfin' the (waaaave), I'm hurtin' the (waaaave)...
    "Oh Yes" ~ Juelz Santana

Man, can't believe this thread fell off page one.

When the files for the Switch were first dumped a couple months ago, there were a couple oddities found. An NES emulator tied to a file named "flog".

Fast forward to the past week, and a hacker found that the file was actually the NES game "Golf" ("flog" is "golf" backwards). No idea why it was included on the system, or how it was unlocked. But the game did seem to have some connection to JoyCons and motion controls. An NES game retrofitted to have motion controls? A proof of concept, perhaps?

Now it turns out that apparently the game is unlocked on July 11th of any year. By taking two JoyCons and performing Iwata's signature "Directly to you" motion. You know it worked when you hear his voice say "success".

July 11th, 2015 was when game development legend Satoru Iwata passed away. The NES game Golf was one that he had programmed himself. Like an Omamori, the charms left at Japanese shrines for guidance and protection, this game was included as a memento for Iwata. To have his code looking over every Switch and guiding it.

If a Switch has ever been synced to the internet, it will remember the actual date, even if you change its display date. So it will be nearly a year before those of us with the system can test this ourselves. And, as that date has already passed us by since the Switch was launched, this is a tribute that Nintendo may never have revealed. Just a quiet, humble tribute to a man who meant so much to gaming.

The feels, man...
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Coming home from work to have the sun still out so I could sit outside and enjoy it always makes for a happy day. Today was such a day. It doesn't have its full warmth anymore, but I'll take all that I can get. Winter is coming.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Seeing Leeza online for the first time in a while made me happy today

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I've started, like, doubling the amount of fabric softener I use and my clothes smell heavenly.
    Girl, use half the amount you normally use and top up with white vinegar. Seriously, I'm a convert to this.

ANYHOO.

BOSS ASKED ME
    TO DO A 7 PART INTERVIEW SERIES
    FILMED
    60 MINUTE EPISODES

AND TO WRITE OUR BOOK.

WRITE
    OUR
    BOOK

AHHHHHHHHH *!?*!@

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Today is the last day of my detox week and I can finally eat bread from tomorrow. I've never looked forward to morning tea & toast so much in my life.

Also, me and MissH have date night tomorrow. Italian meal followed by the new Kingsman film at the cinema

Articles
    Blog Entries

Mine and Mr. Carny's four year anniversary today!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm down to 199 lbs! The sub-200 club

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is something that "gave me hope" more than it made me happy (even though I was happy to see it).

I am a fan of the YouTube Rewind videos, but I hate how people complain if they don't know enough people - I get that they want to see their favorite YouTubers, but I don't get why they have to focus on the people they don't know, and use it as a complaint. I always reply to these people that they should check out the people they don't know, as they might find a new favorite YouTuber (most of the YouTubers I know, I was introduced to via YouTube Rewind), but I don't know if it ever sinks in, because people keep moaning about them showing YouTubers that "nobody" knows (meaning, YouTubers that they don't know), but tonight I got a response from someone saying that they were going to check out the people that they didn't know. This gives me hope, because I hate the "don't know them, won't bother to know them" mentality, so it was nice to see someone willing to actually broaden their list of YouTubers.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

The guy from the magazine I was writing and translating for finally paid me! AFTER NINE SMURFING MONTHS!!!

FINALLY!!!!

It really SUCKS that it's so late, but then again, it was quite a lot of money and having it show up on my account right now instead of back then is actually helpful at this point!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    The guy from the magazine I was writing and translating for finally paid me! AFTER NINE SMURFING MONTHS!!!

FINALLY!!!!

It really SUCKS that it's so late, but then again, it was quite a lot of money and having it show up on my account right now instead of back then is actually helpful at this point!
    Everything happens for a reason darling!
    Glad you got your money and it's more helpful to you now than then!

Pennywise is back in Germany after 27 years. Just finished watching the miniseries-movie again - which I also did not watch for like 15 years or so. I remember about 20 years ago as a little child I watched the movie so often. It traumatized me so much that I needed 2 decades to be cured from ... IT. And now the last days the time had come.

And tomorrow I will be watching the new one. Today Currywise, tomorrow Skarywise.

The irony of overcoming the fear for this movie ...

Last edited by Sephiroth; 09-27-2017 at 11:19 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yankees beat the Indians in five!

Down 0-2 against the best team in baseball and everyone had written us off. See y'all in Houston on Friday!
    Last edited by Bubba; 10-12-2017 at 04:56 PM.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

After months of having computer issues with my Toshiba Satellite, I've now fixed it. (I think!)

I can connect to the internet again without having to be on DSL, and I've finally managed to scrub smurfing Norton Anti-Virus off the thing which was clogging the disk usage!

Hoorah!

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

My family have come home from their trip. My soon to be wife, my son, and my soon to be step daughter. Very happy right now!