Page 205 of 215 FirstFirst ... 105155185195199200201202203204205206207208209210211 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 3221

Thread: Things that made you happy today!

Ta-Ra-Raspooteen Social Media Manager Night Fury's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Liara Lavender (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I mentioned it in my Facebook chat but I'll say it again.

Being nice and having good manners smurfing pays off. We went to view a house yesterday and I am always sure to chat with the estate agent if I'm liking the place and this one seemed lovely. So we got chatting and she ends up suggesting another property which she had just done a showing for and she said it would suit us and that she would go take us over!

So we went, house was flipping gorgeous!!! I wanted to apply straight away, so I asked her and she took my email - sent me the application over and so I just started emailing her - thanking her for her time and saying how wonderful she was. Later on I had difficulty getting the application form to work and accept some required documentation. I sent her a lovely email again explaining it - she told me to just forward the stuff straight to her with a promise she'll process our application first thing tomorrow.

---

When I applied for the job I have now, I was always sure to follow up with nice, polite emails.... the result? I was kept up to date the whole way through and the staff got to know me a bit - it really helped me, honestly.

SO! Everyone! Be nice ALWAYS. TO EVERYONE. You never know when that person you were nice to might be able to give you a hand somewhere - even if they don't - be nice. Because they will SURE AS HELL remember if you weren't nice.

A shark infested ocean... jenovajunkie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I can attest to remembering people that weren't nice at all, I remember them very well.

“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” - Frank Sinatra

Creativity is certainly about not being constrained by rules or accepting the restrictions that society places on us. Of course the more people break the rules, the more likely they are to be perceived as ‘mentally ill’.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Fury View Post
    I mentioned it in my Facebook chat but I'll say it again.

Being nice and having good manners smurfing pays off. We went to view a house yesterday and I am always sure to chat with the estate agent if I'm liking the place and this one seemed lovely. So we got chatting and she ends up suggesting another property which she had just done a showing for and she said it would suit us and that she would go take us over!

So we went, house was flipping gorgeous!!! I wanted to apply straight away, so I asked her and she took my email - sent me the application over and so I just started emailing her - thanking her for her time and saying how wonderful she was. Later on I had difficulty getting the application form to work and accept some required documentation. I sent her a lovely email again explaining it - she told me to just forward the stuff straight to her with a promise she'll process our application first thing tomorrow.

---

When I applied for the job I have now, I was always sure to follow up with nice, polite emails.... the result? I was kept up to date the whole way through and the staff got to know me a bit - it really helped me, honestly.

SO! Everyone! Be nice ALWAYS. TO EVERYONE. You never know when that person you were nice to might be able to give you a hand somewhere - even if they don't - be nice. Because they will SURE AS HELL remember if you weren't nice.

This is is very true. Treat others how you wish to be treated!

Master of the Fork Social Media Manager
    Editor
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I'm happy you're all happy. AND NICE! YES be nice :3

Had an awesome day with my sis, and I got to play FF XV for the first time! It was awesome.

Just finished doing my Orientation with the Pyrimid Corp. doing a drug and alcohol test on Monday, and will be in the field working Tuesday. Also they said all and any University that I will need for the job (which is 4 years) they are paying for! Very happy!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)

Five happy years with mah wonderful bf

Backloggery - "People are literally changing into salt by touching space ghosts"

I redid my resume today. I've been needing to do that for awhile, so it feels good to get it done!

Blog Entries

BOYFRANS GONNA VISIT ME IN 101 DAYS GUYS

Ta-Ra-Raspooteen Social Media Manager Night Fury's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Liara Lavender (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Having fun at new job. But I do have to use a MacBook Air

Master of the Fork Social Media Manager
    Editor
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

A Vampire Game pack was announced for Sims 4 and it comes out in like 2 weeks! Exciting!

I finally found a job.

I have successfully escaped from the NEET life.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)

I'm apparently off to a good start this semester

Backloggery - "People are literally changing into salt by touching space ghosts"

A shark infested ocean... jenovajunkie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hahaha ^.

“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” - Frank Sinatra

Creativity is certainly about not being constrained by rules or accepting the restrictions that society places on us. Of course the more people break the rules, the more likely they are to be perceived as ‘mentally ill’.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm really enjoying playing Mafia again on EoFF! It brings good memories of playing it years ago. Along with all the suspicion.

Page 205 of 215 FirstFirst ... 105155185195199200201202203204205206207208209210211 ... LastLast