Page 186 of 220 FirstFirst ... 86136166176180181182183184185186187188189190191192196206 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 3298

Thread: Things that made you happy today!

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Showed my 7 year old nephew the magic of Final Fantasy.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

[IMG][/IMG]

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

I brought some Orange Chocolate Digestives back from the UK.

I forgot how banging they are with a good cuppa!

Ooooh I remember why I don't like programming! It's not the logic, it's the maths!

I'm making a rhythm action figure skating game today and I had to figure out how to calculate "beats per frame" which, while probably simple to the professionals, was very obnoxious for me. However, I've figured it out now and I think... I think that's gonna be the trickiest part taken care of. So I'm feeling pretty good that a) I actually kept to my plan of making this and b) I've gotten over the major hurdles.

It's also given me ample excuse to listen to the Yuri on Ice soundtrack as that's what you skate to in the game at the moment.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Ooooh I remember why I don't like programming! It's not the logic, it's the maths!
    I do teach math so if you need help with something feel free to shoot me a mognet message.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I calculated out that I wrote 93,000 cumulative words of fiction writing in 2016

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I mentioned it in my Facebook chat but I'll say it again.

Being nice and having good manners smurfing pays off. We went to view a house yesterday and I am always sure to chat with the estate agent if I'm liking the place and this one seemed lovely. So we got chatting and she ends up suggesting another property which she had just done a showing for and she said it would suit us and that she would go take us over!

So we went, house was flipping gorgeous!!! I wanted to apply straight away, so I asked her and she took my email - sent me the application over and so I just started emailing her - thanking her for her time and saying how wonderful she was. Later on I had difficulty getting the application form to work and accept some required documentation. I sent her a lovely email again explaining it - she told me to just forward the stuff straight to her with a promise she'll process our application first thing tomorrow.

---

When I applied for the job I have now, I was always sure to follow up with nice, polite emails.... the result? I was kept up to date the whole way through and the staff got to know me a bit - it really helped me, honestly.

SO! Everyone! Be nice ALWAYS. TO EVERYONE. You never know when that person you were nice to might be able to give you a hand somewhere - even if they don't - be nice. Because they will SURE AS HELL remember if you weren't nice.

Blog Entries

I can attest to remembering people that weren't nice at all, I remember them very well.
    Creativity is certainly about not being constrained by rules or accepting the restrictions that society places on us. Of course the more people break the rules, the more likely they are to be perceived as ‘mentally ill’
    “Fix the cause, not the symptom.” – Steve Maguire

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Night Fury View Post
    I mentioned it in my Facebook chat but I'll say it again.

Being nice and having good manners smurfing pays off. We went to view a house yesterday and I am always sure to chat with the estate agent if I'm liking the place and this one seemed lovely. So we got chatting and she ends up suggesting another property which she had just done a showing for and she said it would suit us and that she would go take us over!

So we went, house was flipping gorgeous!!! I wanted to apply straight away, so I asked her and she took my email - sent me the application over and so I just started emailing her - thanking her for her time and saying how wonderful she was. Later on I had difficulty getting the application form to work and accept some required documentation. I sent her a lovely email again explaining it - she told me to just forward the stuff straight to her with a promise she'll process our application first thing tomorrow.

---

When I applied for the job I have now, I was always sure to follow up with nice, polite emails.... the result? I was kept up to date the whole way through and the staff got to know me a bit - it really helped me, honestly.

SO! Everyone! Be nice ALWAYS. TO EVERYONE. You never know when that person you were nice to might be able to give you a hand somewhere - even if they don't - be nice. Because they will SURE AS HELL remember if you weren't nice.

This is is very true. Treat others how you wish to be treated!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I'm happy you're all happy. AND NICE! YES be nice :3

Had an awesome day with my sis, and I got to play FF XV for the first time! It was awesome.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Just finished doing my Orientation with the Pyrimid Corp. doing a drug and alcohol test on Monday, and will be in the field working Tuesday. Also they said all and any University that I will need for the job (which is 4 years) they are paying for! Very happy!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Five happy years with mah wonderful bf

I redid my resume today. I've been needing to do that for awhile, so it feels good to get it done!

Blog Entries

BOYFRANS GONNA VISIT ME IN 101 DAYS GUYS