Thread: LadyJuxta's FF B-Day Speed Sketching!!

Blog Entries

Grin LadyJuxta's FF B-Day Speed Sketching!!

Hello viewers and members of the EyesoFF community!

And welcome to the LadyJuxtaposition's FF B-Day (Final Fantasy Birthdays) Speed Sketching forum!

This sketching and artistic forum is conceived by one of my 2014 New Year's Resolutions: celebrating Final Fantasy characters' birthdays by speed sketching them! By speed sketching, just quick but neat and precise drawings with color or not with some annotations written (like name, birthdate, etc.). I just love celebrating fictional characters' birthdays because it shows how nerdy I can be. Also, I can get additional practice drawing figures and getting every opportunity of drawing new characters in the Final Fantasy series. What could've been better than that?

Before I begin this forum, I have some conditions to point out:

• I will only celebrate the characters' birthdays from the games that I already know and researched over. So far, along with FFVII and Dissidia, I looked over FFII, FFIV, FFV, FFVIII, FFIX, and FFX. So expect the characters from those games who actually have birthdays in this forum. Characters with unknown birthdays but with birth months will be celebrated as well. I hope to research FFIII and FFVI this year, so depending on the success and the persistence of this forum, I will celebrate their birthdays next year or sometime soon.
    • Speed Sketching = a full day of sketching and some inking and perhaps coloring, that will depend on the length of free time I have. If you wanted to see a certain sketch in color, then I'll be happy to do so and then edit the corresponding post with the new revised picture. Also, under each sketch will contain a link to the actual sketch in my Deviantart gallery with full-view capability (so that you can see every detail).
    • And of course, all Final Fantasy characters belonged to Square Enix while the sketches are belonged to me. Moment of Credits will always be stated after each visual post I make.

So then, with that out of the way, let's begin celebrating! Please enjoy the future pics below!

From the date this post was created and in a world of Final Fantasy fandom, did anybody know that today's the handsome always-cheerful happy-go-lucky man with the machine gun and Squall's father's birthday?

Yep, according to the Final Fantasy Wikipedia page under the character's profile, January the 3rd marks Laguna's birthday. If using the game's release date of 1999 to determine his actual age in 2014, he is either 42 or 59 years old today (Sheesh, he's becoming a grandpa!). No matter, Laguna's quite a handsome and dashing fellow and Squall managed to inherit some of his father's facial physique along with his hair. I want his jacket so damn bad, really I want! It's so cool! Can I has his beautiful jacket?

And of course, everybody knows Laguna from his famous leg cramps from FFVIII and Dissidia 012, and I added a chibi of him handling his kinking problem. He needs someone to massage away those leg cramps, seriously. Any volunteers?

Anyway, Happy Birthday Mr. Loire and I hope your day is as cheerful and up-beating as your characteristic personality! And by the way, the fairies are here.

Moment of Credits:

Laguna Loire (C) copyrighted by Square Enix
    Sketch is (C) copyrighted 2014 by LadyJuxtaposition
    Harmony and Distortion coexist together to support every creature and landscape in the world, including the forces of good and evil. That is how the world keeps on living with a strong balanced composition.
    ~Amanda's Juxtaposition Theroy

Sudden Reaction when both Amanda and Dragonite
    see a romantic Final Fantasy love scene:
    Amanda: Aww, this is so romantic! They would make a great couple together!
    Dragonite: Kiss, Kiss, Kiss, Kiss... C'MON! KISS ALREADY!
    Amanda: Drag, you have no patience whatsoever.

Blog Entries

Final Fantasy VI is 20 today

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by starlet View Post
    Final Fantasy VI is 20 today
    Happy Birthday FFVI!
    Harmony and Distortion coexist together to support every creature and landscape in the world, including the forces of good and evil. That is how the world keeps on living with a strong balanced composition.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

This is a really need idea, good luck with it!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJuxtaposition View Post
    Happy Birthday FFVI!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    This is a really need idea, good luck with it!
    Thank you! Coming soon I'll be drawing Garnet aka Dagger, so Zidane got to get ready!

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Happy Birthday FFVI!
    Awesome sketch! You go Terra Esper and defeat that Mad God of Destruction! Or Angel of Death or Mage of Chaos or whoever Kefka's final form is named (I liked the first one the best because of the Dancing Mad song ).

Awesome sketch! You go Terra Esper and defeat that Mad God of Destruction! Or Angel of Death or Mage of Chaos or whoever Kefka's final form is named (I liked the first one the best because of the Dancing Mad song ).
    Final Fantasy VI Dancing Mad Remix - Fanatic Harmony (w/ download link) - YouTube
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 01-04-2014 at 06:36 PM.

Blog Entries

Red Exclamation Mark

*This was supposed to be posted on Wednesday, Janurary 15th, 2014 since that day marks Garnet's birthday. Due to problems of uploading images, this visual post was delayed. But thanks to Shauna who links me to a helpful thread that brought me outlooks of resolving this little problem, this thread is back on track. So without further ado, let's celebrate another Final Fantasy Character's birthday!*

(01/15): Garnet Til Alexandros XVII alias Dagger FFIX

Along with "Hump" Day (which is always every Wednesday of the week), exactly two days ago was the beautiful-and-lovely-princess-becoming-queen-white-mage-summoner-of-Alexandria's birthday. And, the possibly Zidane's only long-time girlfriend's birthday as well? Hey, they're my OTP.

Anyways, according to Garnet's (aka Dagger) original character profile in the Final Fantasy Wikipedia pages, January the 15th signifies the princess-then-queen's birthday. If determining her age right now from her actual birth year (which is 1784) with this year (2014), she would've been 230 years old today (which in that case, she'll already been dead, or alive in spirit). I decided to add 200 years in her birth year which adds up to 1984, and calculated that Garnet would've been 30 years old instead, which is reasonable for me. She is still young as she is, she's breathtakingly beautiful according to Zidane!

Her birthday was greatly used as a starter in the beginning of Final Fantasy IX, telling the details of her birthday celebration with her favorite play "I Want To Be Your Canary" performed, and then, her birthday was used again to end the story a year later, with the same play with a different twist (not going to spoil it for you).

While doing the speed sketch, I was playing some FFIX songs, including the remix version of "You Are Not Alone" by RMaster and the song's original arrangement from Dissidia 012. I also played the Distant Worlds' "A Place to Call Home - Melodies of Life" at least two times because the woman who sings this song was so breathtaking and lovely (and I can totally imagine Garnet singing this song). Then, I went on YouTube and listened to Garnet's Song, aka Song of Memories, and watched some FMVs regarding her important parts of her life, such assinging her song, cutting her hair short which shows her freedom from guilt, and of course, getting saved by Zidane during the whole Alexandria-Kingdom-Under-Siege situation making Eiko jealous.

Speaking of cutting-her-hair moment, besides the meaning behind it, do you think it's a good move on Garnet, or should she have kept to her hair it was before? Either way, she'll get her normal hair back to the same length. I, for one, thinks she looks good with short hair, just because it shows a sporty-aerobic chic in her rather than royalty, and she'll feel much light-weighted since that cut. Speed increase? No more Haste spells for her anymore.

Happy Belated Birthday to you, Your Highness! I hope Eiko and Quinoa were baking a delicious cake for you!

Moment of Credits:

Garnet Til Alexandros XVII / Dagger (C) copyrighted by Square Enix

(02/07): Aerith / Aeris Gainsborough FFVII

I'm still sketching everyone, especially during this birthday of the lovely flower maiden and summoner of Holy. Yep, on the 7th day of February, it's Aerith (or Aeris) Gainsborough's birthday!

She's 29 years old today (according to her character page on Final Fantasy Wikipedia) if she was still alive. It saddens me she was executed during the game. She was just a loving, beautiful, and caring character, and has great magic stats (watching too much FFVII Abridged episodes). Besides being the plot device of Final Fantasy VII, why does she has to die?! WHY?! DAMN YOU SEPHIROTH!! *pulls herself together*

Anyway, from the last sketch I did on her, I thought this time I'll draw her alternative outfit since I fell in love with that lavender dress and shoulder-less jacket. Of course, praying is essential to her in summoning Holy (the green-blue circle floating above her head). I played her themes from my iPod and on YouTube while doing the quick sketch. Some of which I would recommend viewing and listening if you're a big Aerith/Aeris fangirl/fanboy.

Let's Listen: FFVII Remastered - Aeris' Theme (Extended) - YouTube --> Aerith's Theme Remastered Extended Version

? Pure Heart ? by Rikki (Aerith's Theme VII) + Lyrics - YouTube --> Pure Heart by Rikki (Aerith's Theme) (I really loved this song so much I replayed at least three times!)

Distant Worlds MUSIC FROM FINAL FANTASY -03-Aerith's Theme (FINAL FANTASY VII) - YouTube --> Aerith's Theme Distant Worlds Version

Aerith's (Aeris) Theme Acapella - Final Fantasy VII - YouTube --> Smooth McGroove's Acapella Version of Aerith's Theme (I cried... I really do)

If you can hear me, Happy Birthday Aerith! I wonder if birthday parties are celebrated in the Lifestream? Do they? I hope so, that'll be nice.

Moment of Credits:

Aerith/Aeris Gainsborough (C) copyrighted by Square Enix
    Colored Sketch (C) copyrighted 2014 by LadyJuxtaposition

(02/22): Cid Highwind FFVII

"Sit yer ass down on that chair, and drink yer goddamn tea!" Does this quote sounds familiar? It belongs to a FFVII character whose birthday's on the 22nd day of February...

Yep, today's (or yesterday that is) the smokin' pilot Cid Highwind's birthday! According to his character profile on Final Fantasy Wikipages, he's 39 years old though he looks a lot older with the smoking and drinking. Fortunately, I had time to celebrate, from my school work and other important projects, by producing a quick sketch of him. I was listening to his theme song while doing this, including the arranged versions. Even though he can be as hard-headed and cussing as much, on the inside he has a good heart and spirit, and even dreams! Who hasn't encountered an old man with dreams?! You cannot be a simple human being without having dreams!

Happy (belated) Birthday Cid!I hope you have (had) tea-cake as your main course! That sounds delicious!

Moment of Credits:

Cid Highwind (C) copyrighted by Square Enix

Praying right now that someone will make a post in this thread so the artist can submit a new clean post without to edit this one at least two times and persist a streak of non-double-posting.

(02/25): Ward Zabac FFVIII

To Laguna as The Man with the Machine Gun is To Ward as The Man with the Massive Harpoon.

Today's the hefty and wise Ward Zabac's birthday which marks on the 25th day of February according to his original character page on Final Fantasy Wiki. This was quite a challenge since I never attempted drawing a figure with a Heavy-Team-Fortress-2-like appearance like Ward's, so forgive me I didn't do just justice (it's only a rough speed sketch after all). However, I believe that I did well on his profile, and Ward is quite a handsome built-up man. It's uncertain about his birth year, but I guessed at 1957 which would mean that he'll be 57 years old today. Old muted man, but still kicking with strength and with his massive anchor!

Happy Birthday Ward! I'm hoping Laguna and Kiros and Ellone are hosting your special day with cake and ice cream and presents!
    I'm wondering, there's gotta be more Ward Zabac fanart out there... Is there?

Moment of Credits:

Ward Zabac (C) copyrighted by Square Enix
    Sketchis (C) copyrighted 2014 by LadyJuxtaposition

(03/03): Rinoa Heartilly FFVIII

Another Final Fantasy VIII character's birthday today, and this time it's thel ovely (and perhaps the possible next Ultimecia if the conspiracy theories had proven true) Rinoa Heartilly!

According to her original character profile page on Final Fantasy Wikipedia, March the 3rd notes Rinoa's birthday. Ha, 03/03, that's easy to remember. I had drawn her before in the Cosmos Warriors' Request Project under Squall's free commission, so it was great pleasure revisiting her again. I am so in love with her blue duster!

Calculating her possible age with the real time. I figured her birth year was 1982. Then I added 17 years which was her age in the game, released in 1999 which was the sum. Then subtracting today's year (2014) with her possible birthyear, and we got 32. Thus, she's possibly 32 years old today, or Ultimecia just screwing up the past-present-future timeframe again to make me do more effort guessing ages.
    If that's the case, then darn you Ulti!!

Anyway, I was listening famous soundtracks from the game, including the Distant Worlds (Liberi Fatali) and (Love Grows) versions. Wanted to give thanks to Nobuo Uematsu for such musical inspirations.

Happy Birthday Rinoa! I am praying that Squall is planning something special for you on your special day!

Moment of Credits:

Rinoa Heartilly (C) copyrighted by Square Enix

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! Not only it's that day, but also it's the birthday of the history-buff-hotdog-lover and possibly-the-young-Mike-Tyson Zell Dincht! And he's wearing green because he and St. Patrick shared the same day.

Anyway, according to his original character profile page on Final Fantasy Wikipedia, the 17th day of March marks his birthday, and if his actual birthyear of 1984, which would make him 17 years old in 1999 (the year of FFVIII's game release), he'll be 30 yearsold today. I could imagine him going to bars eating hot dogs and drink a couple of green beer and eventually get involved in a random fist fight and successfully win the match. No, really I do! I'm not fibbing! Zell was not one of my personal most favorite characters in FF, but I do like his personality since it counters highly against Squall's. At least he was more social and uplifting than that loin! Also, did you see him dual?! It was pure WWF entertainment for me!

I'm sure he's out somewhere eating hot dogs right now before the night gets any older. Happy Birthday Zell!

Moment of Credits:

Zell Dincht is (C) copyrighted by Square Enix co.

Tifa Lockhart FFVII (05/03)

Sorry for the inactivity everyone! College finals and graduation props are getting the hold of me like an anchoring pole. But in the meantime, let's resume the birthday celebration starting with the kick-ass fighter and caring supportive woman from Final Fantasy VII, the lovely Miss Tifa Lockhart!

According to her original character profile on Final Fantasy Wikipedia (Tifa Lockhart - The Final Fantasy Wiki has more Final Fantasy information than Cid could research), Tifa's birthday marks on the third day of May (which is happens to my father's birthday as well! That lucky son of gun shared the same birthday as the hot chick! So frickin lucky!) She would've been 27 years old today, which is still young for her and she'll be active with her awesome skills of martial arts.

Tifa is still considered as one of my favorite FF heroines in the series, mostly because I can at least eighty percent relate to her in a personal level. She cares fro everyone and thinking about everyone, which I do, and she does barely for herself, which I could be too, but rarely because I need to take care of myself before I can to everyone. If we were to meet in real life, we would become great friends. I can imagine myself being Tifa's best buddy.

Red and Black are so her colors (although Black is achromatic), for they strike her complexion and personality boldly with drama and action. I was thinking of the song "Black is the Color" (ironically!) while doing the sketch. You know "Black is the color, of my true love's hair…" *now imagines Cloud singing that song to her and OTP is kicking in*

Happy Birthday Tifa!

Moment of Credits:

Tifa Lockhart (C) copyrighted by Square Enix

Last edited by LadyJuxtaposition; 05-03-2014 at 08:14 PM. Reason: New Pictures, Avoiding Double Posting