Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody other than me who likes the "Google thing nowadays"

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Do you realize that the guy making that video suggests zeropunctuation as a reliable source for serious game reviews? Lol. I mean I enjoy watching those videos, but not to make an educated decision over which games to get or not. That's just insane. He also suggests that people watch game advertisements to find out what the game looks like and how it plays. Of course, ignoring that advertisements are about as biased as things can possibly get. I'd say that guy has somewhere around 0% credibility.

Also, please define "a real job".
    That AJ rant, if thats the video you ment.
    He means that now people who put zero effort has to work harder to earn money on what they publish on YouTube, which for me is pretty fair, lol :P.

Internet Sheep herding is someone's profession alright.
    But if people like that, then ok with me, i won't bother. ^^

Edit: Yes, i think its a better idea to watch gameplay than reviews, because reviews is one person's opinion vs all other
    Real job: I said it on one of my earlier posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    Win

Quote Originally Posted by Fonzie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Niale View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Magic Shopkeeper View Post

Does art=job to you, or no?

if so, then you're missing my point.
    if not, then I guess I should just not talk to you anymore.
    Art, sure, lots of good historic paintings and drawings.
    I think Netherlands are known for having pretty good paintings.
    You can study art and become a teacher and learn people how to draw or paint etc.
    But what about those who don't want to be learned?
    Well there are options, like how can one motivate the student, motivation is the key for everything
    But questions and answers can help solve issues, or anything else.
    But its a fun profession though.

I recently got one of those "real jobs" as a male prostitute, it was scary at first, but it gets better. Its also A LOT of hard work but sometimes it can be pretty damn enjoyable once you get the hang of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elskidor View Post
    I recently got one of those "real jobs" as a male prostitute, it was scary at first, but it gets better. Its also A LOT of hard work but sometimes it can be pretty damn enjoyable once you get the hang of it.
    They have those too on the internet, called youtube, lol :P
    Just joking.

Blog Entries

Red Exclamation Mark

(image)
    ...is that Chris Trott??

In response to Niale's answer... no. That's not the path I was taking, sorry.

An artist isn't only a person who paints pictures and knows how to draw things. As I'm sure we all know, nearly every videogame to date would never have existed if there wasn't art involved. This is where literature, movies and music comes from. There are concept artists, digital artists, comic artists, animators, storyboard artists-- and it goes even further than that. Singers and songwriters and musicians of all sorts, authors and screenwriters, and many more, and all of these are people who have struggled to fight the tide, have to try their damndest to ignore their peers nagging them to 'get a real job'.
    These are people who've managed to earn a living and are now able to laugh in the faces of people who try to define the term 'real job', or maybe they're people who only made it partway, or haven't even started, and have been completely disheartened by the cold uncaring attitudes of people who stomp on their long-term goals.
    But most of the time, these are people who started out kind of lame. We're all derivative and unoriginal in some way and at the start of our journey it may seem the most prominent. People might see their art, then scoff and say
    'that's not original at all.'
    'And you want to base your whole life off this? Grow up.'
    'So basically you ripped off ___.'
    'You know you could be put in jail for this.'
    But if you start earning even a little money, even a cent per day, or per year, that still means you've got a JOB.

Youtube gamers are what I like to call freelance visual journalists. They write reviews (of games), they take interviews(with game devs), they grab the interest of people in one game or another. They rate things and keep you updated on the latest in the gaming industry, and they PERFORM while doing it.
    Not all of them actually have what it takes... so they never get the partnership deal with Youtube. It takes following a lot of rules to get a Youtube partnership, and being interesting of course. But the ones that do are skilled in art, acting, hosting, sometimes even music...
    I support these people. Not because they do me any good, I guess they don't. But if they actually succeed and get a youtube partnership and start earning money from their work, then they've found their niche and they're happy.
    But you do know a vast majority of the youtube gamers don't have that partnership....right?
    And you DO know that even the Youtube partners only earn their daily wage based off the number of people that view and click the ADS in their videos? Like, if you have adblock on... these youtube partners are not being paid. And the average earnings a youtube partner can get is $0.95 to $4.05 per day.
    And yet you seem to act as if they have it easy.

On another note, your statement about Obama... is DEEPLY untrue, unnecessary, and incredibly offensive. Employment had essentially already begun to crash before Obama took office, wise guy. If you didn't get the memo, unemployment rates have been steadily decreasing over the years.

So basically, Niale, do your homework before you say anything else. Also, be more considerate to others. Just because someone lives differently than you does not mean that you have the right to trounce on them and insult their lifestyles.

bye.
    Last edited by Black Magic Shopkeeper; 01-04-2014 at 08:05 PM. Reason: *essentially

Quote Originally Posted by Black Magic Shopkeeper View Post
    (image)
    ...is that Chris Trott??

In response to Niale's answer... no. That's not the path I was taking, sorry.

An artist isn't only a person who paints pictures and knows how to draw things. As I'm sure we all know, nearly every videogame to date would never have existed if there wasn't art involved. This is where literature, movies and music comes from. There are concept artists, digital artists, comic artists, animators, storyboard artists-- and it goes even further than that. Singers and songwriters and musicians of all sorts, authors and screenwriters, and many more, and all of these are people who have struggled to fight the tide, have to try their damndest to ignore their peers nagging them to 'get a real job'.
    These are people who've managed to earn a living and are now able to laugh in the faces of people who try to define the term 'real job', or maybe they're people who only made it partway, or haven't even started, and have been completely disheartened by the cold uncaring attitudes of people who stomp on their long-term goals.
    But most of the time, these are people who started out kind of lame. We're all derivative and unoriginal in some way and at the start of our journey it may seem the most prominent. People might see their art, then scoff and say
    'that's not original at all.'
    'And you want to base your whole life off this? Grow up.'
    'So basically you ripped off ___.'
    'You know you could be put in jail for this.'
    But if you start earning even a little money, even a cent per day, or per year, that still means you've got a JOB.

Youtube gamers are what I like to call freelance visual journalists. They write reviews (of games), they take interviews(with game devs), they grab the interest of people in one game or another. They rate things and keep you updated on the latest in the gaming industry, and they PERFORM while doing it.
    Not all of them actually have what it takes... so they never get the partnership deal with Youtube. It takes following a lot of rules to get a Youtube partnership, and being interesting of course. But the ones that do are skilled in art, acting, hosting, sometimes even music...
    I support these people. Not because they do me any good, I guess they don't. But if they actually succeed and get a youtube partnership and start earning money from their work, then they've found their niche and they're happy.
    But you do know a vast majority of the youtube gamers don't have that partnership....right?
    And you DO know that even the Youtube partners only earn their daily wage based off the number of people that view and click the ADS in their videos? Like, if you have adblock on... these youtube partners are not being paid. And the average earnings a youtube partner can get is $0.95 to $4.05 per day.
    And yet you seem to act as if they have it easy.

On another note, your statement about Obama... is DEEPLY untrue, unnecessary, and incredibly offensive. Employment had essentially already begun to crash before Obama took office, wise guy. If you didn't get the memo, unemployment rates have been steadily decreasing over the years.

So basically, Niale, do your homework before you say anything else. Also, be more considerate to others. Just because someone lives differently than you does not mean that you have the right to trounce on them and insult their lifestyles.

bye.
    Too long to read.
    No problem, see you

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Grin

Quote Originally Posted by Niale View Post
    No offense
    Hahahahaha, oh "those Americans" and their lack of "real jobs"!

I would make a more in depth reply, but sorry, I'm off to my imaginary job at the kitten-hugging, candyfloss-flavour-tasting division of "I'm A Creative" Industries! Quickly, to the merry-go-round!

i just want to say that bad content is not a fact like you state.

it is your opinion xD

i do not like the google thing now adays. it is broken and dumb like everyone is saying. my aunt hates it... even my dad hates it and he does not post youtube videos.

it is almost like google want to kill what youtube is >.>

not sure anyone other then like.. jelly people would like what google is doing. i guess companys dont want free commercials anymore xD

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Christ, you're intolerable.

Blog Entries

EoFF

constantly whinges about nurturing new members

gets new member and hounds him off the forum within a month

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

This guy is a member? I was thinking of him as more like a random sentence generator bot.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    This guy is a member? I was thinking of him as more like a random sentence generator bot.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    EoFF

constantly whinges about nurturing new members

gets new member and hounds him off the forum within a month
    Now that's not fair. There's nothing wrong with telling someone they're wrong, and I doubt this guy is actually going anywhere.

yeah i am still fairly new here and i have not ran off xD if he is going to leave because people are joining in his discussions and stuff then thats fine. its hard to talk to someone who is just right no matter what though

i think thats what quint was talking about

besides guys i do not think he is serious. no way could a serious thread be so funny. i am pretty sure almost all of his threads are for the lulz xD

i will be suprized if i am wrong o.o

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not being able to use footage from a video game in a review of said video game is pretty stupid. American copyright laws are just obnoxious.

Argh, YouTube ranters are just all-around twits.

And there's no such thing as "a real job." If you're making money, your job is real. Enjoying your job does not somehow invalidate the job.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Niale, are you lonely? Do you need a hug? You have so much hate in your body, it must be tiresome.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.