Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Bang Theory

Default Big Bang Theory

Try to laugh at this clip

Most sitcoms need a laugh track incase you don't know what to laugh at.
    Either way, how about you.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I personally find the whole complaining about a laugh track thing to be stale. It screams of "oh look how cool I am I don't like laugh tracks. I'm so edgy," even when that's not what people are doing. Because something's either funny or it isn't and a laugh track, or a coached studio audience, or whatever isn't going to change that. Some great comedies have had no laugh track and some of the greatest ever made did. What's the big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    I personally find the whole complaining about a laugh track thing to be stale. It screams of "oh look how cool I am I don't like laugh tracks. I'm so edgy," even when that's not what people are doing. Because something's either funny or it isn't and a laugh track, or a coached studio audience, or whatever isn't going to change that. Some great comedies have had no laugh track and some of the greatest ever made did. What's the big deal?
    Don't really mind if people do like laugh tracks, but its distracting for my taste.
    But ey, whatever works.
    Edit: This would be great.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm so used to the laugh track that it doesn't bother me if it's in the show of if it's out of the show. It doesn't make me any more or less likely to laugh. I laughed at the video a couple times.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Blog Entries

I love BBT .. So very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I'm so used to the laugh track that it doesn't bother me if it's in the show of if it's out of the show. It doesn't make me any more or less likely to laugh. I laughed at the video a couple times.
    Hehe

Blog Entries

I find TBBT to be unfunny to the point where I either have to change the channel or leave the room. And this is coming from a guy who thought Friends was pretty funny.

there was a picture here

Blog Entries

I don't like BBT and I don't care if a show has a laugh track or not. I prefer them without but doesn't really bother me when they're in there.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well taking out the laughing obviously smurfs with the pacing, but that makes its own kind of funny.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like this show. I laugh at it. I don't get why people hate it. Leonard is a sad, sweet little puppy I want to take home, Raj is a little sweetie I want to pinch on the cheeks and tell him everything is going to be okay, Sheldon is, well, Sheldon, Penny is a likable sassy airhead and Bernadette is just fantastic.

The bazinga stuff is unfunny, though, I'll give the haters that.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't mind the show but I don't go out of my way to watch it. Haven't seen it in at least a year and a half now.

I do think Bernadette is adorable though :3

634947065903130000.jpg

Blog Entries

I freaking love Bernadette!

Kaley Cuoco is chucking hot tho. She can get it. I might've had a small crush on her ever since "8 Simple Rules".. lulz

I find it very funny that there's so many cast members from Roseanne: David/Leonard, Aunt Jackie/Sheldon's Mom, & Darlene/Whatever her name is on BBT .. Sarah? Susan? IDK

Articles
    Blog Entries

I enjoy the Big Bang Theory when I sit down to watch it. I know Johnny Galecki from Rosanne and enjoy seeing other cast members from that show make special guest appearances. Kaley Cuoco I know from 8 Simple Rules and Charmed and Jim Parsons is the funniest cast member on there and probably the only reason the show has survived this long.

I can understand why some wouldn't like it, though. At times the geek/nerd aspects do seem a little on the stereotypical side. Like saying Steven Spielberg and George Lucas are the greatest filmmakers of all time, hating on Indiana Jones 4, liking Zachary Quinto as Spock despite having reservations about the reboot of Star Trek. They seem to take the most generic opinion of someone who may classify as a geek/nerd and make a joke out of it then use big words to fulfill the rest of the criteria, but I don't take it seriously enough to be bother by that.

And I couldn't care less about the laugh track.

Its one of those shows where it is funny for the first episode and then maybe the second and then you realise all the jokes are the same and none of the characters are interesting enough to help you ignore the fact you're listening to the same jokes over and over again