Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FF6 was boring

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Niale View Post
    - STAR WARS, lets take this robot, come on Pew pew.
    I agree 100% with this point. Pew pew. STAR WARS.
    I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    I can't believe I actually spent 5 minutes typing something out in response to that post. I finally came to my senses and just deleted it all. Not really worth it. Come back when you can make a coherent argument.
    No hard feelings
    Come back whenever you feel like.

at least stop multiposting dude

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Denmark View Post
    at least stop multiposting dude
    Fixed.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Whoa guys, you may not agree with Niale but let's rein things in a bit shall we?

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I can understand their frustration here though, even if they're not handling it in the best way. I've read all of his posts and I have no idea what his opinion on the game actually is aside from him not liking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    I can understand their frustration here though, even if they're not handling it in the best way. I've read all of his posts and I have no idea what his opinion on the game actually is aside from him not liking it.
    Nerding people out of fun, that's how roboticized internet is, its all serious business for nerds to review their closet :P
    Case closed
    Ein.png

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Okay, now we're just getting offtopic.

If you're not gonna talk about FF6 don't post in the thread. Niale, that includes you. In fact I'd advise that you clarify your opinions a bit more so it is easier for us to discuss them.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't see how explaining that I don't understand his argument is getting off topic. It seems pretty on topic actually since the thread was started by him making statements about the game that don't make sense. I mean, I'd love to talk about it and offer a different perspective to his, but I've got nothing to work with here.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was mostly talking to Niale there, but okay, you've said that you don't understand his topic and I already asked Niale to explain it further, so really I don't see why you're still posting about this?

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The fact that FFVI had some Star Wars influence to it made it one of my favorite Final Fantasys ever.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think I understand what Niale is trying to say.

Final Fantasy VI's level of nerdiness is probably equal to it's level of Americanness. In that they are both words that you would associate with an above average number of letters. Also, the appeal of green- haired woman in Japanese culture is obviously high as a result of the popularity of large lizards as well as the growth of herbs such as rosemary and basil. Finally, if you compare the population of both Japan and America, it is clear that both countries have a high number of inhabitants... all of whom breathe in an out with amazing regularity.

Also, the planet of Hoth was mainly covered in snow and ice therefore, FFVI is boring.

Nobuo Uematsu wouldn't want us to bicker like this :kaocry2:

We have
    - JPG that stands still, no movement at all, they just stand still, they couldn't GIF them, (Birds, dogs)
    To be honest if you're not used to this sort of thing, this can take a while to get used to, though they do " attack " so it's not that bad of a issue.

If you gave this game a chance and understand that it came out in SNES days, you could get used to this. easily.

- Kefka, basically the american dream of having Joker from Batman, basically manchildren who likes action figures will love this.
    Kefka is a good villain, because not only is he dark, twisting and disturbing but he's also enjoyable,

and the only figures I have are characters from D Gray Man from 4 years ago, no Batman toys.

- STAR WARS, lets take this robot, come on Pew pew.
    So robot = Star Wars ?

Does Sonic The Hedgehog feel too American and Star Wars-y to you as well ?

- It was too nerdy... i have an interesting idea, "Do you want to play dungeons and dragons". Pl2: "NOooo, that's too american, go away. Let's do something cool"
    Yes because when I think of America, I think of a evil empire and green haired eighteen year old girls and Moogles whom hide in caves.

"How about "Final Fantasy Mystic Quest". Meh too old.
    How about "Chrono Trigger", too old.
    Putting down a game because it's " too old " is one of the most dumbest thing as a gamer you could possibly do, graphics are not the most important thing when it comes to games. By being snobby towards retro games because of something that they can't help, their graphics, you are missing out on some really good games.

Things age, and games that once upon a time looked incredible graphics wise, now look outdated, you can't be snobby towards something that's a natural process. Plus, bet you anything that most of your favorite movies out age you, sometimes even by double.
    Last edited by maybee; 01-06-2014 at 02:14 AM.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by maybee
    "How about "Final Fantasy Mystic Quest". Meh too old.
    How about "Chrono Trigger", too old.
    Putting down a game because it's " too old " is one of the most dumbest thing as a gamer you could possibly do, graphics are not the most important thing when it comes to games. By being snobby towards retro games because of something that they can't help, their graphics, you are missing out on some really good games.

Things age, and games that once upon a time looked incredible graphics wise, now look outdated, you can't be snobby towards something that's a natural process. Plus, bet you anything that most of your favorite movies out age you, sometimes even by double.
    I completely agree, Breath of Fire (I, II, III and IV) all have very dated graphics, but I would rather play those over the newer shiney PS3 RPG's any day of the week and twice on sundays. The thing about old games such as these (and many many more old RPG's) is that they didn't have the shiney new graphics of our PS3's and 360's today, so they had to attract players with compelling story and great gameplay alone.