Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FF6 was boring

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Niale View Post
    We have
    - JPG that stands still, no movement at all, they just stand still, they couldn't GIF them, (Birds, dogs)
    To be honest if you're not used to this sort of thing, this can take a while to get used to, though they do " attack " so it's not that bad of a issue.

If you gave this game a chance and understand that it came out in SNES days, you could get used to this. easily.

- Kefka, basically the american dream of having Joker from Batman, basically manchildren who likes action figures will love this.
    Kefka is a good villain, because not only is he dark, twisting and disturbing but he's also enjoyable,

and the only figures I have are characters from D Gray Man from 4 years ago, no Batman toys.

- STAR WARS, lets take this robot, come on Pew pew.
    So robot = Star Wars ?

Does Sonic The Hedgehog feel too American and Star Wars-y to you as well ?

- It was too nerdy... i have an interesting idea, "Do you want to play dungeons and dragons". Pl2: "NOooo, that's too american, go away. Let's do something cool"
    Yes because when I think of America, I think of a evil empire and green haired eighteen year old girls and Moogles whom hide in caves.

"How about "Final Fantasy Mystic Quest". Meh too old.
    How about "Chrono Trigger", too old.
    Putting down a game because it's " too old " is one of the most dumbest thing as a gamer you could possibly do, graphics are not the most important thing when it comes to games. By being snobby towards retro games because of something that they can't help, their graphics, you are missing out on some really good games.

Things age, and games that once upon a time looked incredible graphics wise, now look outdated, you can't be snobby towards something that's a natural process. Plus, bet you anything that most of your favorite movies out age you, sometimes even by double.
    Was more due to newer instead of the old, because we can't always stick to older games forever, joke
    D&D, well i don't know, isn't that on American basement list :P
    The game felt nerdy because it feels so american, every outspoken american on the internet. So no, now i can't play it :P
    But its totally cool if you do
    But its chill, you know.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUeCsMNudmY

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest seems fun for so far i have played, you should try it

There you go.
    Last edited by Niale; 01-06-2014 at 04:50 AM.

Wasn't boring enough for me to not play it.
    http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Terra..................Fight
    LV99...................Morph
    HP9999................All Magic
    MP999.................Item

Vigor 45................R-Hand: Illumina
    Speed 90..............L-Hand: Genji Shield
    Stamina 40...........Helmet: Oath Veil
    Magic Pwr 110......Armor: Minerva
    Bat Pwr 255
    Defense 216.........Relic: Ribbon
    Evade 75
    Magic D 184.........Relic: Economizer
    Magic B 87

Quote Originally Posted by Greatermaximus View Post
    Wasn't boring enough for me to not play it.
    That's the disconnect between us.
    But its cool, we can still shake
    Seal it on that.
    The Handshake - Dillon Gets Payback - YouTube
    Keep it chill.
    Regards.
    New York Jazz Lounge - Loverman - YouTube

I rest my case

[QUOTE=Niale;3357577][QUOTE=maybee;3357495]
    Final Fantasy Mystic Quest seems fun for so far i have played, you should try it
    Yeah, it was my third Final Fantasy, but I'd have to put it near the bottom of the list of all Final Fantasy titles. It was a time filler when bored, and I played it back to back with FFIV and FFVI so it was definitely, by far far and wide, the dull cookie out of those 3. I suppose I should try it again one day. I may even own my old SNES cartridge somewhere.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

this entire thread:

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Final Fantasy VI does share a lot of elements reminiscent of Star Wars (some are a stretch but like, let's go with it for argument's sake). If you dislike that then, uh, okay I guess. But there seems to be no correlation between the things you hate and Star Wars. There is even less correlation between the things you hate and America. What is your problem with America, anyway? Why do you hate everything? I am strongly suspecting you need a hug.

The apparent emphasis on graphical prowess is disappointing but I should not be surprised by anything. I am all for people bashing Final Fantasy VI if they have legitimate qualms but you are just irrational and that makes me sad.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

You know that Mystic Quest is no regular Final Fantasy but from the Mana series? Not that it is important, it still is an RPG from the same company.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    You know that Mystic Quest is no regular Final Fantasy but from the Mana series? Not that it is important, it still is an RPG from the same company.
    What matters is that it kicks ass and having too much fun
    I am currently playing it, and this does not disappoint.
    Its kinda like Zelda slash RPG
    Overhead view feels a little like that, which makes this game more cooler

If you have a Wii, then you can buy it, or just try it on a emulator. In Europe it is called "Mystic Quest Legend" though, just incase you can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    Final Fantasy VI does share a lot of elements reminiscent of Star Wars (some are a stretch but like, let's go with it for argument's sake). If you dislike that then, uh, okay I guess. But there seems to be no correlation between the things you hate and Star Wars. There is even less correlation between the things you hate and America. What is your problem with America, anyway? Why do you hate everything? I am strongly suspecting you need a hug.

The apparent emphasis on graphical prowess is disappointing but I should not be surprised by anything. I am all for people bashing Final Fantasy VI if they have legitimate qualms but you are just irrational and that makes me sad.
    USA is cool, i love it, Duke Nukem is one of my american heroes
    There's just some americans on the internet which i have a little problem with, i mean its cool either way, wink .
    Just have this suspicion that Americans treasure FF6 like they treasure sex on the balcony, whoops...

Men don't hug, we salute. Soldier.
    AT EASE!

[QUOTE=Elskidor;3357639][QUOTE=Niale;3357577]
    Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Yeah, it was my third Final Fantasy, but I'd have to put it near the bottom of the list of all Final Fantasy titles. It was a time filler when bored, and I played it back to back with FFIV and FFVI so it was definitely, by far far and wide, the dull cookie out of those 3. I suppose I should try it again one day. I may even own my old SNES cartridge somewhere.
    Atleast it wasn't Star Trek cookie cutter. Get it
    Star Trek Cookie Cutters from ThinkGeek - YouTube
    (Cough) This is.... too american to handle (Cough)
    But its cool, different taste.

If you have a Wii, then you can buy it, or just try it on a emulator. In Europe it is called "Mystic Quest Legend" though, just incase you can't find it.
    I have it for the SNES.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    I have it for SNES.
    That's awesome

Edit:
    Either way, keep it smooth
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO64tcSCDXc

Niale out (Radio)
    Last edited by Niale; 01-06-2014 at 01:29 PM.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

FFVI can never be boring as long as it has this.
    (SPOILER)
    Figaro Castle

It felt to nerdy. Got to a place where you have to save this "Green haired girl", with the moogles. This felt too american for my taste, even if the game is Japanese. It got too Star Wars.

Feel free to discuss.
    TRY PLAYING IT 465 TIMES TO CHECK FOR TYPOS...

Then you can tell me it's boring.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

What if there's a typo the 466th time?
    Figaro Castle

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    FFVI can never be boring as long as it has this.
    (SPOILER)
    I often call my girlfriend Doomtrain, and then suplex her onto the bed. Any game that spices up foreplay can't be that boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    What if there's a typo the 466th time?
    URRRRRRGGHGGHGHGHGHGHGHGHHGHGHGHG

That's what