Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Annoying

Blog Entries

I'm too used to people misspelling/mispronouncing my name to worry about it anymore... what bothers me is when the person who learns the true spelling of my name asks, "Is that the Anglicized version or something?"
    NO.
    IT'S PRACTICALLY THE ORIGINAL SPELLING YOU FOOL.
    All you need is to add the H after the G and you're all set!
    ...Actually it's debatable as to whether Brigid or Brighid is the real original.
    But don't get me all wound up!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    I am one of those people. In my defence, I do it because I worry it'll look rude if I don't hold it open. If it's any consolation, I usually find that moment between me grabbing the door, and waiting for the person to get to it, incredibly awkward. Surely that's punishment enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaibana View Post
    i quit agree with u..

and sometimes its a guess, if you let the door go it will problably fall so slow back that it will slam in the face of the person behind u, making you feel like an asshole :P and if you hold it, you'll have to hold it a little bit longer then you want xD
    I have nothing against the gesture, it's good manners. If someone was just behind me I'd hold the door open for them too. It's just when it's a certain distance and if you don't break into a little run the person holding the door would probably get a bit annoyed.

Blog Entries

People who finish my sentences for me if I ever pause for more than 0.000001 of a second. What's the hurry?
    I often deal with someone on the phone with a severe stammer who takes about 10-15 seconds to say hello. I wait until he's finished and say hi back. It's not hard, the world's probably not ending tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    People who hold open a door for me when I'm a full ten yards away. I understand that they are just trying to be nice, but it forces me to break into a run to accept their gesture.

I have been capable of opening doors for quite a long time now and am fully versed in the challenges that they present.
    Oh yes this, the whole "door holding" ritual bugs me, and that "breaking out into a run" thing happens a LOT at our workplace just outside my office. It's very distracting hearing "THUDATHUDATHUDATHUDATHUDA!" as someone runs for the door. Sure, if it's likely to slam someone in the face, it's probably best to hold it. But I think people need to accept that it's ok to let go if the other person is a mile behind. I'm sure we can all manage the gargantuan effort of opening a door.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudane View Post
    Oh yes this, the whole "door holding" ritual bugs me, and that "breaking out into a run" thing happens a LOT at our workplace just outside my office. It's very distracting hearing "THUDATHUDATHUDATHUDATHUDA!" as someone runs for the door. Sure, if it's likely to slam someone in the face, it's probably best to hold it. But I think people need to accept that it's ok to let go if the other person is a mile behind. I'm sure we can all manage the gargantuan effort of opening a door.
    Exactly.

It is a nice polite gesture and I understand that... though I don't see why we should have a problem letting a door swing back into someone's face... unless it was a particularly heavy door. Most people have the common sense not to use their face to open a door. Arms can be extremely useful in this situation.

If it was a person with no arms then I'd be happy to hold it for a few more seconds.

My last name is Babb. Not Babbs. Not Babe. Stop it. There are two letters. How can you even mess that up?
    Do you Wanna Build a Snowman?

-= It doesn't have to be a snowman... =-

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

so im just sitting in the living room, painting a little when i hear some music outside.
    at first i thought: a car, but i didnt hear the car itself.
    the music went louder and i saw a young man at out door to push some commercial-stuff thought the door-thing.

Seriously?? are you kidding me? he delivers his stuff and doesnt bother to get some earbuds? get the freaking hell out of here :l

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Quinternational Man of Mystery View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinternational Man of Mystery View Post
    Arther. Aurther. Auther. Authur. Aethur. Reese. Reece. Rice. "Reeeeeeeez".

NO. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR BRAIN?
    I could maybe understand problems with your last name (I have no idea how it is pronounced) but Arthur is like, super obvious. Surely even China knows about KING ARTHUR like come on /cultural insensitivity
    All of the examples given were made by English people in England.

My favourite Chinglish pronunciation of my name is "Arsehole".
    No way. smurf me sideways, what is wrong with the motherland

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.