Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lightning Returns beaten in sales by... FINAL FANTASY X|X-2 HD Remaster

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    pleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemrem akeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaselett hismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiias wellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethe mremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellplease letthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffx iiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismak ethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpl easeletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremak effxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswell
    VII first por favor.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Yeah except FF12 is a realistic request, FF7 isn't.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by Elskidor View Post
    I would say your right, but I suspect them launching FFXV with 5 sequels instead. Maybe with a couple cameos with Lightning, and one where she is in you main cast with DLC, along with Cloud..
    Oh god this scares me because it's actually something that could realistically happen.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Articles
    Blog Entries

Nomura already said something about the game having a self-contained climax and was intended as the first part of an epic. There was even talk of taking advantage of online elements to make shorter stand-alone titles, but later said no sequel plans have been finalized and I hope they aren't. I'm tired of sequels or spin-offs for main number entries. Just finish XV, relax for a while and get to work on Final Fantasy XVI >.>

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't know why they thought another Lightning game was a good idea. If anything this should be a message for them to remake more of their older games because those were actually good, but are now outdated.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    That's a pretty clear message to Square-Enix, isn't it? I suspect they will not listen and give us 4 more Lightning games.
    I read a article today that Square- Enix is planning to add Lightning in future Final Fantasy titles. Guessing this means more Lightning Returns, random Lighting cameos, or both.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    That's a pretty clear message to Square-Enix, isn't it? I suspect they will not listen and give us 4 more Lightning games.
    I read a article today that Square- Enix is planning to add Lightning in future Final Fantasy titles. Guessing this means more Lightning Returns, random Lighting cameos, or both.
    Oh sweet Jesus let the article be satire.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Coming soon:

Omega Christ Fantasy: Lighting Versus Jesus: Final Fantasy XIII-5: ARMAGEDDON TESTAMENT

Wherein Lighting travels to our world, supplants Jesus Christ as the saviour of humanity, and eventually defeats the über-trinity of Jehovah, Buddha and Mecha-Satan to become ultimate overlord (overlady?) of the cosmos.

...or perhaps not.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing re-releases of earlier titles, with graphical overhauls and other extras, if the alternative is new titles and sequels that are proving really divisive and not widely popular with the fanbase.

I'd be fine with more sequels if we could be confident that SE can offer something new and worthwhile that builds on the existing story and characters. Currently, I'm sorely lacking any such confidence. I don't much trust them to make a good new story out of an existing one, so I'm even less hopeful that they could make a wholly new story that's worth getting into.

Until they really demonstrate that they can deliver something truly new and truly great again, I'd rather just see the occasional re-release of an old favourite.

Gee, who else remembers the time when a new Final Fantasy release was a cause for genuine excitement and anticipation?

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Oh sweet Jesus let the article be satire.
    Sadly not, here's one I pulled from Google:

Lightning may return again in Final Fantasy XV | Lazygamer .:: The Worlds Best Video Game News ::.

For Lightning, her story ends here in Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, as this game is meant as a finale to this series. But we know that Lightning is an extremely popular character, even when compared to other Final Fantasy characters.

So there is a possibility that Lightning would appear in other future Final Fantasy titles, not as a protagonist, but as a guest character.

That's a direct quote from Lightning Returns director Motomu Toriyama.

So yeah, it seems likely that she'll appear again in some form or another, starting with FFXV. Maybe something as subtle as sitting at a bar and engaging in a minor conversation with our heroes. Maybe she'll have a brief caemo involvement with the story as part of a side quest. Possibly (and my bet) she'll be a playable character and have a sizable role to play. Hell, Toriyama san could be outright lying and campaigning to have Lighting as the protagonist in FFXV as we speak, and as he says himself in future Final Fantasy titles as well, so we're quite likely not even going to see her limited to an appearance in XV alone!

This dude sure loves Lighting, and he seems hell bent on making sure we must love her too.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Honestly, I don't mind a cameo. I've not played any of the XIIIs, but I really liked her in Dissidia.

Articles
    Blog Entries

So Lightning is the new Gilgamesh? Meh.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

direct quote from Lightning Returns director Motomu Toriyama.
    He secretly wants to marry her, so of course he would say that. It's probably not up to him in the games he's not in charge of though. Thankfully.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by AssassinDX View Post
    story ends here in Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, as this game is meant as a finale to this series. But we know that Lightning is an extremely popular character, even when compared to other Final Fantasy characters.
    What a load of junk, yes Lightning does a have a fandom, but I swear that the love for Sephiroth, Zack, Tifa, Kefka, Cloud, Aerith is larger.

I don't see no Kefka returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    It's your list, you can include whatever you want. :3
    No, stay away from Final Fantasy XV. Kingdom Hearts 3, okay, but stay away from XV.

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    This dude sure loves Lighting, and he seems hell bent on making sure we must love her too.
    Pretty much.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I mean, they put so much work in making her boobs jiggle in LR that they just can't let it go to waste!