Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Default Lightning Returns beaten in sales by... FINAL FANTASY X|X-2 HD Remaster

Following on from reports of Lightning Returns launching to very low week one sales in Japan, it seems like the final nail in the FINAL FANTASY XIII coffin has now been struck. The recent released FINAL FANTASY X|X-2 HD Remaster has outsold Lightning Returns.

According to popular gaming source Famitsu, the HD remaster launched to the tune of 339,000 units sold in it's first week. This is the totals for both PS3 and PS Vita combined. Lightning Returns, on the other hand, managed 277,000 units in it's first week on the PS3, with XBOX 360 sales figures so low they didn't even make the rankings.

The 339,000 sales figure also makes FFX|X-2 HD Remaster the most successful launch of any HD remake in Japan.

How do you think sales in Western regions will fare with Lightning Returns being released next month, and FFX|X-2 HD following the month after?

[Source: Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Debuts Big In Japan ]

This shall result in A.) They'll decide against sequels and just keep doing remakes for all of their games, but still forget to work on current new games or B.) Decide X is more popular and go back to working on more sequels for X, and put XIII to rest for good, but maintain a slow progression for new numbered entries for the series or C.) All of the above.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Oh this is great.

But, FFX didn't have to build any fans up. People are going into the HD knowing exactly how the game and story is. Which I guess is a thing itself, buying a game you've already played. But with LR, it's new.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

pleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemrem akeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaselett hismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiias wellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethe mremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellplease letthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffx iiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismak ethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpl easeletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremak effxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswell
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

And absolutely no one was surprised.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    pleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemrem akeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaselett hismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiias wellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethe mremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellplease letthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffx iiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismak ethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpl easeletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremak effxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswellpleaseletthismakethemremakeffxiiaswell
    For real. Then I can have a portable version of FFI-FFXII c:

Articles
    Blog Entries

Well, it is nice to be reminded of a good game.

Now you can watch that laughing scene in 1080 P whenever you want!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

That's a pretty clear message to Square-Enix, isn't it? I suspect they will not listen and give us 4 more Lightning games.

I would say your right, but I suspect them launching FFXV with 5 sequels instead. Maybe with a couple cameos with Lightning, and one where she is in you main cast with DLC, along with Cloud..

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    That's a pretty clear message to Square-Enix, isn't it? I suspect they will not listen and give us 4 more Lightning games.

^

We have failed our fans, we didn't do good enough for them, so we must make 800 more Lightning games !

Or

Ohhh ! What they wanted instead was Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy XIII-2 HD !!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Lightning's Mobile Adventures - now with Sephiroth themed microtransactions!

Oh Square Enix, you are so lost it's not even funny. I bet they'll use this stat in favour of X-3. But please stop the sequels

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post
    And absolutely no one was surprised.
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..