Quote Originally Posted by AssassinDX View Post
Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
That's a pretty clear message to Square-Enix, isn't it? I suspect they will not listen and give us 4 more Lightning games.
I read a article today that Square- Enix is planning to add Lightning in future Final Fantasy titles. Guessing this means more Lightning Returns, random Lighting cameos, or both.
Oh sweet Jesus let the article be satire.
Sadly not, here's one I pulled from Google:

Lightning may return again in Final Fantasy XV | Lazygamer .:: The Worlds Best Video Game News ::.

For Lightning, her story ends here in Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, as this game is meant as a finale to this series. But we know that Lightning is an extremely popular character, even when compared to other Final Fantasy characters.

So there is a possibility that Lightning would appear in other future Final Fantasy titles, not as a protagonist, but as a guest character.

That's a direct quote from Lightning Returns director Motomu Toriyama.

So yeah, it seems likely that she'll appear again in some form or another, starting with FFXV. Maybe something as subtle as sitting at a bar and engaging in a minor conversation with our heroes. Maybe she'll have a brief caemo involvement with the story as part of a side quest. Possibly (and my bet) she'll be a playable character and have a sizable role to play. Hell, Toriyama san could be outright lying and campaigning to have Lighting as the protagonist in FFXV as we speak, and as he says himself in future Final Fantasy titles as well, so we're quite likely not even going to see her limited to an appearance in XV alone!

This dude sure loves Lighting, and he seems hell bent on making sure we must love her too.
I am so

sick

of Lightning. I don't even like her. I never did. And now they just keep on and on and on.

At least the other Final Fantasy characters I didn't like I could get away from when their GAMES WERE OVER.

I'd better not see Lightning in XV