Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF Mafia : 2of4 Micro

My conception of day/night in this game is pretty screwy, how much time do we have left of Day 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Madonna View Post
    So, guys, the easy path is to go after an inactive, of which there is only one: edzxcvbnm. Heck, we can suspect him because two people who voted for him on Day 1 died. We can suspect him because despite being the safest Night kill, safer than Shorty, he is still kicking. I submit this is nonsense.
    Why?

If we still want to go after someone who is mostly a non-contributor, I suggest Jesswee, shion, or Red Pill. Comparatively, they have not contributed much. So if that was Shorty's and Jiro's game, I can work with this.

##VOTE: Jessweeee♪
    Well, it's the weekend and I'll be contributing a lot more now, and after one class on Monday I'll be on vacation for the Chinese New Year. You'll see me around a lot more.

I'm very interested that you just tossed a vote out there, though. There really hasn't been much of a discussion at all on who might be good to lynch, or why Jesswee would be a good choice. Or are you just voting somewhat randomly in an attempt to generate discussion?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Took the Red Pill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Madonna
    However, this is all very vague, with hints toward me and Jesswee. Any stronger suspicions? Heck, do you suspect me more strongly than the impression you gave off above? Vocalize it, man, or no one is going to work with it.
    The problem is that I'm not strongly suspicious of anyone right now. Some people aren't really posting enough to analyze their posts, and I think your argument for shion/Laddy/Jesswee is a bit lacking. So I posted something vague because I wanted to see what other people thought of it.

So unfortunately right now I don't have much to go on, except for you. I want to trust you, because if you are town then you're a serious boon to the good guys, but I'm scared that you're operating on a different level than everyone else and that you're going to gently push people into voting for whomever best suits your scummy needs at the time. I'm interested to see what other people have to say about you, because it seems like you've been given a free pass up until now.
    When you talk about not having strong suspicions, I get dismayed; you can go through an entire game not having strong suspicions if every game is going to be a quiet one like this. You got to talk, you got to vote, and you got to get people to respond. Otherwise, while I may be a boon to the good guys, then other people are being a boon to the bad guys. I am going to tell you to vote because we need to have action. How you go about acting and voting is up to you, but if you are not doing it openly, you are not being a town asset.

Please do not say things like, "I want to trust you," and that "[Y]ou've been given a free pass," because a) you should not trust me because that is not how town works, and b) who has given me a free pass and in what form? That is nebulous and could be applied to anyone, um, living. Perhaps I have been giving you, Red Pill, a free pass because I want activity and someone to also look at others. You seem focused on me, and that narrowness does not suit town.

This is understandable, if disheartening. It is not as if I did any different. I was hoping though, that you would have some more thoughts about other people's actions, like Shorty's voting behavior, your fellow voters, and the other people who stacked on edzxcvbnm.
    Oh, right. I'll have to give the thread another good read through, I'll post my thoughts eventually. Though my initial thought is that you're looking too deeply into things that happened on Day 1. Nobody knows jack on Day 1, and I think in some sense you're trying to correlate things that happened with sinister motives, when in fact it was just people voting, for the most part, blindly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shion View Post
    Well, I voted edzxcvbnm at first because he wasn't really posting, so I figured why lynch someone participating when we can get rid of someone who isn't. Now I'm just remarking that I think a mafia would probably be more active. But I don't know, I haven't played that much :P. I just get the impression he isn't checking the thread much at all, as opposed to someone who is watching and just staying under the radar. Really though, this is all just me taking a shot in the dark.

I also think killing off people who voted for him is a bit too obvious.
    While voting for an inactive is standard practice, it is also common practice to withdraw the vote once they have shown up. But you kept it on, and yes, he kept being inactive. Yet now, Mafia has to be an active person? What is active, pray tell, by your definition? Everyone has been active to some extent, so where do you draw the line for inactive?

edzxcvbnm not caring about this game is different than him being scum. If he just does not care, then voting for him accomplishes nothing other than reducing numbers. It seems you are punishing a player (who is not going to notice), instead of trying to punish goons.

What is too obvious? That he must be scum because two people died? Or going after the two left? Only one of those deaths matters, just so we all know; again, Jiro was our town's handiwork, so Shorty is the only one we can definitively chalk up to the scum.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I hadn't though of that last part. At first I voted for edzxcvbnm because he was inactive and I figured why not. I don't particularly care for changing votes. I dunno why, really. But I figured I needed to vote for someone, so it was worth a shot. If ed was gone, considering his inactivity, it wouldn't be a huge loss. Sure, he may be a townie, but he wasn't contributing much to the thread or trying to help us find the goons. He's probably just busy with life, which is fine, but having a bunch of silent members doesn't do much for excitement

I don't intend to vote for him again, because you're right, being inactive doesn't make him mafia. Neither does being active. I already gave my reasons for my vote, even if they weren't really good reasons. I have no idea who to vote for this time.

Blog Entries

My conception of day/night in this game is pretty screwy, how much time do we have left of Day 2?
    I literally have no idea, which in part explains my vote. Just got to ensure something gets out, you know?

So, guys, the easy path is to go after an inactive, of which there is only one: edzxcvbnm. Heck, we can suspect him because two people who voted for him on Day 1 died. We can suspect him because despite being the safest Night kill, safer than Shorty, he is still kicking. I submit this is nonsense.
    Why?
    Because edzxcvbnm was in danger of lynching yesterday. Because when the mafia could have kept Shorty on the list of suspects, they chose to off her. Because of setting up ed to look bad was easy for the mob. You know he was the only one who ended up not voting for one of the real lynch candidates, right? He voted for you, Red Pill.

Some things may look bad for him, but when you remember he was on the chopping block and no one tried to change that, you know he is expendable.
    If we still want to go after someone who is mostly a non-contributor, I suggest Jesswee, shion, or Red Pill. Comparatively, they have not contributed much. So if that was Shorty's and Jiro's game, I can work with this.

##VOTE: Jessweeee♪
    Well, it's the weekend and I'll be contributing a lot more now, and after one class on Monday I'll be on vacation for the Chinese New Year. You'll see me around a lot more.

I'm very interested that you just tossed a vote out there, though. There really hasn't been much of a discussion at all on who might be good to lynch, or why Jesswee would be a good choice. Or are you just voting somewhat randomly in an attempt to generate discussion?
    There has not been a good discussion as to who might make a good lynch, and that is the problem. Yesterday, we could have had Jiro, and we would have been wrong today because we had an easy candidate. I vote for our Songnote because of the people I suggested, two of them are already talking. Ish.

Blog Entries

This is understandable, if disheartening. It is not as if I did any different. I was hoping though, that you would have some more thoughts about other people's actions, like Shorty's voting behavior, your fellow voters, and the other people who stacked on edzxcvbnm.
    Oh, right. I'll have to give the thread another good read through, I'll post my thoughts eventually. Though my initial thought is that you're looking too deeply into things that happened on Day 1. Nobody knows jack on Day 1, and I think in some sense you're trying to correlate things that happened with sinister motives, when in fact it was just people voting, for the most part, blindly.
    We learned plenty of things on Day 1; Jiro role-claimed, we (perhaps all me) theorized what he had to be all about, and we saw how a lot of people did not participate and how that affected the Day. Well, I hope we learned, otherwise today too will be a crapshoot.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think it is hard to decide who might be mafia when there isn't a lot of people participating a great deal.

There has not been a good discussion as to who might make a good lynch, and that is the problem. Yesterday, we could have had Jiro, and we would have been wrong today because we had an easy candidate. I vote for our Songnote because of the people I suggested, two of them are already talking. Ish.
    True, the discussion has been lacking so far, but I think we still have a good chunk of time left. Hopefully the rest of the gang shows up soon.

I can see where you're coming from with regard to Jesswee. It would make sense for to have one of the two scum under the radar a bit more, even if it doesn't make for the most exciting game. Here's to hoping she'll be joining us shortly. I'm not ready to throw a vote down yet, though.

Blog Entries

Maybe if you guys help exert some pressure, we might see some more people crop up, and they will have incentive to talk.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Okay. I'll second the

##vote Jessweeee♪

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Just did a quick skim through and this is what I have to say for the moment.

The other person I'd like to hear more from is Jesswee, who began the Jiro revolution before his roleclaim. I feel like most people waited at least until we had generated some conversation to vote, even though, I know, Day 1, etc. I'd still like to hear what she has to say.
    To be honest, I put it there on a whim. Just kicking some pebbles around until a ball starts rolling, y'know. I almost unvoted just because he posted some gifs I liked but I didn't oh well. The only eensy bit of suspicion I felt for anyone was later on after my vote, Jiro role claiming after Bleys made a post reminding us of the roles. I felt like Jiro would do something bold like that as town or mafia, but it was more than I had on anyone else, so I was just kind of "eh, I'll just leave it."

Quote Originally Posted by Laddy View Post
    What I want to know is this: was there a certain reason the mafia killed Shorty?
    Yeah, I'm curious about this too. If I was scum, I feel like it would be my priority to take out Madonna. He's by far the most frequent posting and well-articulated player at this point. Nobody else is analyzing the game at a level as deep as he is, and I'd try to take him out for fear that he'd sniff out my identity somehow. So why isn't he dead? Well, he could be scum, and I think that's something to seriously consider. If he's not scum, then it's possible that the mafia was afraid that due to his leadership role in the town, a hypothetical doctor/jailkeeper would throw a protect his way and it would be too risky to try taking him out at night. It seems like everyone trusts him at this point. Shorty would be a much safer kill. Option three is that they're just killing random people to smurf with our heads.
    Ok I've always been better at playing mafia than playing town, so maybe I can offer some insight here. The mafia do not kill:
    Unconfirmed town with a history of voting confirmed town (easy lynch target, safe vote)
    Inactive players (unthreatening, easy lynch target)
    Their own (duh)
    People they fear will be a wasted action (they suspect the player is protected somehow)

Shorty fits none of these criteria, so she's a good target. The mafia spends a great deal more talking about who to lynch the next day than who to kill. This is something very important to consider. Don't fall for the obvious set ups c:

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

And I just want to clarify by "talking about who to lynch" I mean "scheming in the secret mafia forum." Talking about who to lynch in the game thread is a good thing.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I went and reread the posts from Day 1 and I think Jinx's posts should be brought up. Essentially, she was the first one to cast a second vote, on Jiro, claiming he was causing a suspicious stir and and despite the probability of lynching a townie as she claimed, she insisted to lynch one anyway. She also insisted that being asked questions was "exhausting". Whatever that means. xD

Now I'm not stating her strategy was wrong in itself, but her insistence that we lynch a probably townie regardless of anyone's actions for information does set me as a bit bloodthirsty. Her methodology is just was to insistent on lynching a town the first opportunity she got. Sorry, Jinxie~

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

But what about Laddy talking about Jinx talking about Jiro?