Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: EoFF Mafia : 2of4 Micro

Blog Entries

Sorry, rather than write off all the posting you guys have done, I will take a look and try to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by shion View Post
    Okay. I'll second the

##vote Jessweeee♪
    Dislike. Why pile up on votes instead of spreading it out? I guess we could quickly pile up on her and get people immediately talking, but you are one of my better suspects, and doing a speed lynch is not usually the work for town.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    Just did a quick skim through and this is what I have to say for the moment.

The other person I'd like to hear more from is Jesswee, who began the Jiro revolution before his roleclaim. I feel like most people waited at least until we had generated some conversation to vote, even though, I know, Day 1, etc. I'd still like to hear what she has to say.
    To be honest, I put it there on a whim. Just kicking some pebbles around until a ball starts rolling, y'know. I almost unvoted just because he posted some gifs I liked but I didn't oh well. The only eensy bit of suspicion I felt for anyone was later on after my vote, Jiro role claiming after Bleys made a post reminding us of the roles. I felt like Jiro would do something bold like that as town or mafia, but it was more than I had on anyone else, so I was just kind of "eh, I'll just leave it."
    This seems legit; I, too, had plenty of reason to believe Jiro was Vanilla and theorized on it a great bit, but I also feared that Jiro was pulling off a goon move of a century because it was so unsafe for a townie, and we all know that turned out horrible. What I really wanted was to see votes pulled off Jiro and put on a new line of inquiry, but on just offering up edzxcvbnm when I was looking at Laddy and his change of fortunes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I Took the Red Pill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Laddy View Post
    What I want to know is this: was there a certain reason the mafia killed Shorty?
    Yeah, I'm curious about this too. If I was scum, I feel like it would be my priority to take out Madonna. He's by far the most frequent posting and well-articulated player at this point. Nobody else is analyzing the game at a level as deep as he is, and I'd try to take him out for fear that he'd sniff out my identity somehow. So why isn't he dead? Well, he could be scum, and I think that's something to seriously consider. If he's not scum, then it's possible that the mafia was afraid that due to his leadership role in the town, a hypothetical doctor/jailkeeper would throw a protect his way and it would be too risky to try taking him out at night. It seems like everyone trusts him at this point. Shorty would be a much safer kill. Option three is that they're just killing random people to smurf with our heads.
    Ok I've always been better at playing mafia than playing town, so maybe I can offer some insight here. The mafia do not kill:
    Unconfirmed town with a history of voting confirmed town (easy lynch target, safe vote)
    Inactive players (unthreatening, easy lynch target)
    Their own (duh)
    People they fear will be a wasted action (they suspect the player is protected somehow)

Shorty fits none of these criteria, so she's a good target. The mafia spends a great deal more talking about who to lynch the next day than who to kill. This is something very important to consider. Don't fall for the obvious set ups c:
    All of this is pretty good advice, and something to consider when you start brewing your own batch of revelations. So maybe, just maybe, I can see the wisdom of lynching inactives, but I fear there would be little discussion in doing so.

I went and reread the posts from Day 1 and I think Jinx's posts should be brought up. Essentially, she was the first one to cast a second vote, on Jiro, claiming he was causing a suspicious stir and and despite the probability of lynching a townie as she claimed, she insisted to lynch one anyway. She also insisted that being asked questions was "exhausting". Whatever that means. xD

Now I'm not stating her strategy was wrong in itself, but her insistence that we lynch a probably townie regardless of anyone's actions for information does set me as a bit bloodthirsty. Her methodology is just was to insistent on lynching a town the first opportunity she got. Sorry, Jinxie~
    We were dealing with a blind situation, and Jiro made a really, really strange gambit. When there is something a person does not understand, an instinctual response is to lash back and leave it be. I can see why people would vote Jiro when presented with the conundrum of his situation, especially because he obviously tried so hard to get that effect. I am not ruling out Jinx, but a lynch has to start somewhere. Good find! However... are you not the second person to vote for edzxcvbnm, Laddy?

Blog Entries

Quoting all of this to highlight a waste of daytime. They could have been discussing theories, looking into that Jinx slant one of them sort of mentions. There was a "campaign" for edzxcvbnm, but that goes nowhere. Then it devolves further, something I could barely imagine, into a kind of #eoff chat.
    But what about Laddy talking about Jinx talking about Jiro?
    I don't know what you mean. I campaigned for edzxcvbnm.
    I meant your last post is clearly trying to get us to question Jinx so that we won't be questioning you

GASP!!!!!!

I actually have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm just trying to participate.
    No, it's cool. Ask away.
    No, it's cool. Ask away.
    Are you mafia, Laddy?

You should be honest because nobody likes a liar.
    No. I'm a good person.
    You should believe me; I'm handsome.
    You bring up some good arguments.

I'll trust you.

For now
    Good.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    For the record, I didn't say that being asked questions was exhausting. I said when I ask questions, and people automatically assuming I'm being sneaky for just asking a question relating to how the game is played--that's exhausting.
    Maybe your questions are bad questions. Maybe you do have something to hide and you lash back when interrogated. Maybe you have nothing to hide, are defensive, and lash back when interrogated. Maybe I take Mafia a little too seriously to walk a newbie through the process. None of this is positive.

I hadn't though of that last part. At first I voted for edzxcvbnm because he was inactive and I figured why not. I don't particularly care for changing votes. I dunno why, really. But I figured I needed to vote for someone, so it was worth a shot. If ed was gone, considering his inactivity, it wouldn't be a huge loss. Sure, he may be a townie, but he wasn't contributing much to the thread or trying to help us find the goons. He's probably just busy with life, which is fine, but having a bunch of silent members doesn't do much for excitement

I don't intend to vote for him again, because you're right, being inactive doesn't make him mafia. Neither does being active. I already gave my reasons for my vote, even if they weren't really good reasons. I have no idea who to vote for this time.
    I don't know how anyone can actually be against changing votes. If new "trout has come to light" (shoutout to The Dude), or if someone points out a flaw in your reasoning, or points out something you haven't noticed before, how can you be "against" changing votes?

Day 2 has been pretty dismal in terms of livelihood, and there hasn't been a coherent discussion about who to lynch. I'm not blaming anyone here (I'm the one who lives in Asia) but it's just kind of a bummer that you can see tumbleweeds rolling through the Day 2 posts.

So with nothing actually substantial to go on, I'm going to vote for shion. Her continued claims of ignorance of a good strategy are starting to make me think she's trying to blend in as the clueless girl of the bunch. Would be pretty bold if that was the case.

##VOTE: Shion

Since I'll be sleeping when the deadline hits, I want to apologize. Missing the first two down-to-the-wire moments in the first two Days sucks, but it's out of my control. Sorry guys.
    Highlighting I Took the Red Pill's post to show I am not skipping important things, that I have read it, and to say that this has been a pretty good contribution to the war front. Not so great that he votes and leaves, because we want people to argue about votes, but solid nonetheless.

Fair enough, Jinx. That still doesn't explain your insistence that we kill regardless, even if it, as you stated, would very much likely result in a Townie death.
    I acknowledge you may have found a loose thread here, but what are you going to unravel? That she voted on a person that was possibly town? With an inability to confirm innocence, that person we strung up could have been scum. Your persistence on this, Laddy, makes it seem you just want her to trip up in explanation.

I think I made it pretty clear that I took that stance because then we'd have more to go off of today. Lynx pointed out that that would only work if we had ample discussion yesterday, which ended up happening.
    Well, yesterday's givens are great and all, but I was hoping there would be a lot more givens today as well, but no one is providing. Today, in the best case scenario, would have been a very robust discussion of what we learned yesterday, lots of defensive responses, and plenty more to work on while we all began voting. No one is voting.

Quote Originally Posted by Madonna View Post
    It seemed like we had all the time in the world until we had to sleep or do stuff in real life, huh, Red Pill?

##UNVOTE

Jiro's roleclaim and the whole bandwagon on Jiro or edzxcvbnm thing, two events, and nothing new came to light? I am still amazed that the only two people who gave a damn about Jiro being the Jailkeeper were Red Pill and I, unless I missed something. Laddy did not seem to care; I pointed out how ridiculous it had to be, and he just chirped that he believed him, despite logic being against it. I am not impressed with Day 2, and think that a lot of nothing has been posted during my absence. What happened, folks?

##VOTE: I Took the Red Pill

The only movement worth counting I have seen since coming back is noticing only two other people voted? shion and Laddy have done nothing to put themselves in a positive light, but... I have this darker suspicion this is currently the best move.
    So I want to point out here with my post that I have been harping on about Laddy so far, and it might be surprising I am not going after him and instead I Took the Pill. I am going after Red Pill because of several reasons, but the most pertinent is that he was the one other lynch candidate, at a long shot, and was voted for the lynch by edzxcvbnm.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Bleys View Post
    you are being heckled by the dead
    I did not get killed yet, dead. Nyah.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Madonna View Post
    I did not get killed yet, dead. Nyah.
    I'm also heckling and I am not dead.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

##Vote: I Took The Red Pill

I feel of all of the players here he is saying the most game related things without saying anything at all. It just feels a little wishy-washy. Just a little. An example of what I mean by that sort of behavior:

So why isn't he [Madonna] dead? Well, he could be scum, and I think that's something to seriously consider. If he's not scum, then it's possible that the mafia was afraid that due to his leadership role in the town, a hypothetical doctor/jailkeeper would throw a protect his way and it would be too risky to try taking him out at night. It seems like everyone trusts him at this point. Shorty would be a much safer kill. Option three is that they're just killing random people to smurf with our heads.
    What I see when I read this is "mafia killed someone and it could be because x, but also y and z are also pretty likely I mean who could possibly discern their intentions."

Another example:

Regardless, I think we need to be very careful of Madonna. He could be a wolf in sheep's clothing. In fact, the only person to really bring him up in a suspicious light, as far as I can see, was me, in the very beginning, with little to no basis for my claim (as Day 1 usually goes). It would be quite nice to just cruise to the finish with everyone trusting you as the father figure of the town.
    "People appear to trust Madonna. Maybe they shouldn't. For no reason other than because they do trust him."

It's not something I find hugely incriminating, but it's a red flag to me, and it's what sticks out to me the most.

Blog Entries

Anyone else here? We got, like, six minutes left.

##UNVOTE

Blog Entries

Unvoting puts Jessweeee♪ in a distinctly bad position.

Blog Entries

You know what, I wanted Red Pill, and I am going to take it.

##VOTE: I Took the Red Pill

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Vote Count 2.3:

Jinx (0) -
    Laddy (0) -
    I Took the Red Pill (2) - Jessweeee♪, Madonna
    edczxcvbnm (0) -
    Jessweeee♪(1) - Shion
    Madonna (0) -
    shion (0) -
    Not Voting: Jinx, Laddy, Red Pill, edczxcvbnm

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch or no lynch

JACQUES TREEHORN
    Good Knave, my thanks for travels thou hast made;
    By Jacques Treehorn I am called in name
    I bid the welcome to my humble home
    And beg thee take a bev'rage of thy choice.

THE KNAVE
    The brew of whitest Russia I would sip,
    As fair York's rose. How fares thy working trade?

JACQUES TREEHORN
    A playwright and a theatre-man am I,
    With tendrils dipp'd in lakes of many stripes,
    In printed word, in dumb-show and in court.

THE KNAVE
    Which be 'Log Jamming?"

I Took the Red Pill has been lynched! He was Jacques Treehorn, a Mafia Rolecop

Night lasts ~18 hours from the time of this post. (This will be 16:40 GMT for purposes of night actions, but daystart may be an hour and a half to two hours or so later because I'll be at work...my shift starts literally 10 minutes before deadline)

I'm not going to ask for this thread to be locked until I am able to fill in the flavour, but kindly pretend it is
    Last edited by Citizen Bleys; 01-12-2014 at 03:12 AM.

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh trout, nevermind.

Also, how was that 24 hours?!
    It actually was 24h14m03s.

And then there is Death

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dawn breaks, and you are one fewer in number.

Madonna, who was Bonnie Lebowski, a Vanilla Townie has been shot Night 2.

Endless replaces edczxcvbnm effective immediately as Lynx was the player who was replacing out.

Vote Count 3.0:

Jinx (0) -
    Laddy (0) -
    Endless (0) -
    Jessweeee♪ (0) -
    shion (0) -
    Not Voting: Jinx, Laddy, Endless, Jessweeee♪, shion

With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch or no lynch

EDIT: Deadline is Monday @ 18:30 GMT

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hm.

HM.

HM.

I had read quickly all the posts as you played, but now I'll have to reread them looking at the details.

And then there is Death

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

*crickets chirp*

Vote Count 3.1:

Jinx (0) -
    Laddy (0) -
    Endless (0) -
    Jessweeee♪ (0) -
    shion (0) -
    Not Voting: Jinx, Laddy, Endless, Jessweeee♪, shion

With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch or no lynch

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Well I guess yesterdays actions show that Madonna and I are both town. But Madonna's dead and I already knew I was town so that didn't teach me anything at all!

JINX WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THIS

(or anyone really doesn't gotta be jinx)

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

less than six hours to deadline

prodding the 60% of the playerbase who haven't posted since daystart