Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF Mafia : 2of4 Micro

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shion View Post
    I feel like edzxcvbnm isn't active enough to be mafia. I dunno, though. I haven't done much mafia.
    This is a good thing to say now. Yesterday, it was not. Well, not if that was originally your excuse because he had not proven to be a sole-post-and-vote type at that time.

Blog Entries

Actually, sorry; was coming down from a tea-high and from congratulating myself with a brilliantly long and insightful post. shion, what? So you are exonerating edzxcvbnm with your weird logic? I would have exempted him from being scum from the virtue that no one spent a parcel of care whether he went to the gallows instead Jiro. Hell, I probably should have jumped the Jiro ship and killed ed, but no one else was around (so I thought) to spice things up and the only person trying to change things was the guy being lynched and I have a hell of a Jiro-is-too-damn-dangerous-when-scum syndrome.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I certainly noticed that two ed voters have since been killed as well. What this means; I don't know. I'm certainly thankful I wasn't one of them. To be fair, he is the only non-Jiro play to have anything remotely resembling a significant risk so an argument can be made that probably was just coincidence.

What I want to know is this: was there a certain reason the mafia killed Shorty?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Yeah, I've gotta back up Lynx that it's interesting that both Jiro and Shorty voted for ed and both were knocked off.

I also find it strange and interesting that as Lynx pointed out, the three most vocal (at least for the second half of the day) were Jiro, Shorty, and Lynx. Only one of those people are left standing. Why? I think if Lynx isn't scum, it's very likely that he'll be next on the hitlist. He's calling people out when no one else is. So, while I'm very suspicious of him, I'm not quite ready to get rid of him yet. He's too invaluable to encouraging conversation.

I really wish ed would show up. I'd like to know why he only showed up to vote Red Pill and then disappeared. I'm not sure if he voted Red Pill before or after Red Pill vocalized being against a No Lynch, but either way, it's curiouser and curiouser.
    I do not think it is interesting that two people who voted ed died. We, the town, did that one, and Shorty's death can be attributed to being an active, which mafia loathe. It certainly would not make me suspect edzxcvbnm more.

...Except that the mafia chose to kill another voter on edzxcvbnm instead of the one outlier voter, which was...edzxcvbnm. Why not get rid of him instead of whittling down a suspect list that we have to check out? Or... why make ed look suspicious?

Quote Originally Posted by Laddy View Post
    What I want to know is this: was there a certain reason the mafia killed Shorty?
    Yeah, I'm curious about this too. If I was scum, I feel like it would be my priority to take out Madonna. He's by far the most frequent posting and well-articulated player at this point. Nobody else is analyzing the game at a level as deep as he is, and I'd try to take him out for fear that he'd sniff out my identity somehow. So why isn't he dead? Well, he could be scum, and I think that's something to seriously consider. If he's not scum, then it's possible that the mafia was afraid that due to his leadership role in the town, a hypothetical doctor/jailkeeper would throw a protect his way and it would be too risky to try taking him out at night. It seems like everyone trusts him at this point. Shorty would be a much safer kill. Option three is that they're just killing random people to smurf with our heads.

Regardless, I think we need to be very careful of Madonna. He could be a wolf in sheep's clothing. In fact, the only person to really bring him up in a suspicious light, as far as I can see, was me, in the very beginning, with little to no basis for my claim (as Day 1 usually goes). It would be quite nice to just cruise to the finish with everyone trusting you as the father figure of the town.

The other person I'd like to hear more from is Jesswee, who began the Jiro revolution before his roleclaim. I feel like most people waited at least until we had generated some conversation to vote, even though, I know, Day 1, etc. I'd still like to hear what she has to say.

I also apologize for my absence during a lot of the conversations at the end of Day 1. I didn't exactly consider the logistics of trying to play this game in a timezone 13 hours ahead of most people in this game. But it's the weekend now and I should be around a good bit more for the next few days.

Blog Entries

I certainly noticed that two ed voters have since been killed as well. What this means; I don't know. I'm certainly thankful I wasn't one of them. To be fair, he is the only non-Jiro play to have anything remotely resembling a significant risk so an argument can be made that probably was just coincidence.

Why would you be in danger? All the Day 1 heat moved off of you, from two, no, three people who were about to string you up. Granted, Jiro already had three votes, and he had the older vote, but Shorty clearly wanted to jump ship, and I had too as well in order to bring anything to a boil. Sadly, the only one slightly incriminated by the sudden reversal of fortune is me, since the other two are both a) dead and b) town. But you were not especially vocal yesterday, so the likelihood of you dying was low.

Shorty died for the same reason I did not; the town has to talk their way to victory, so silencing voices is key. I was too risky to kill; might be the Doctor for being so bold, the Doctor might protect the boldest speaker, and I was an obvious target from both side's perspectives.

Blog Entries

If it looks like I am overlooking responses, please point it out; not only do I type slowly, but I also spend a lot of time choosing words, so much that you can joke that I craft posts. It is like creative writing for actual conversations by an introvert! I will respond, but I take too long with a post while others carry on at a normal pace. My pace, sadly, is snail.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Took the Red Pill View Post
    Yeah, I'm curious about this too. If I was scum, I feel like it would be my priority to take out Madonna. He's by far the most frequent posting and well-articulated player at this point. Nobody else is analyzing the game at a level as deep as he is, and I'd try to take him out for fear that he'd sniff out my identity somehow. So why isn't he dead? Well, he could be scum, and I think that's something to seriously consider. If he's not scum, then it's possible that the mafia was afraid that due to his leadership role in the town, a hypothetical doctor/jailkeeper would throw a protect his way and it would be too risky to try taking him out at night. It seems like everyone trusts him at this point. Shorty would be a much safer kill. Option three is that they're just killing random people to smurf with our heads.

Regardless, I think we need to be very careful of Madonna. He could be a wolf in sheep's clothing. In fact, the only person to really bring him up in a suspicious light, as far as I can see, was me, in the very beginning, with little to no basis for my claim (as Day 1 usually goes). It would be quite nice to just cruise to the finish with everyone trusting you as the father figure of the town.

The other person I'd like to hear more from is Jesswee, who began the Jiro revolution before his roleclaim. I feel like most people waited at least until we had generated some conversation to vote, even though, I know, Day 1, etc. I'd still like to hear what she has to say.
    Funny enough, we are thinking the same thing. If this was a romantic comedy, well.

Yes, please be wary of me! Please be wary of everyone though! While it can be gratifying to have someone concur with your ideas, it is also worrisome; only the rope knows who these people are!

The best way to deal with Madonna is to do what he is doing: take control of the room and discussion. In fact, that is what he/me was recommending in the first place; with the death of two of our more talkative players, we need to have everyone emulate them. Sure, someone is going to say, "Hey, why so active now? How scummy!" but it is more scummy to not participate. Do not fall for the mafia tactic of intimidation; townies can be bullies too.

However, this is all very vague, with hints toward me and Jesswee. Any stronger suspicions? Heck, do you suspect me more strongly than the impression you gave off above? Vocalize it, man, or no one is going to work with it.

Blog Entries

What is your take on the whole Jiro debacle, Red Pill? Do you wish you were here to change your vote? When things started turning up, what would you have done? Votes started piling up on edzxcvbnm and Jiro, edzxcvbnm had voted for you, and what next? I am going to assume your lack of posts is a timezone difference; is that the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Madonna View Post
    What is your take on the whole Jiro debacle, Red Pill? Do you wish you were here to change your vote? When things started turning up, what would you have done? Votes started piling up on edzxcvbnm and Jiro, edzxcvbnm had voted for you, and what next?
    No, I think that if I was there, I probably would have kept my vote on Jiro. What he was trying to do was over the heads of most of the players (myself included), and I think it's his fault that he expected people to see what he was doing, and then he ended up talking himself into an even deeper hole. I stand by my point that the wild back-and-forth flailing he was doing raises more suspicion than anything anyone else was doing on Day 1. I don't fault edzxcvbnm for voting for me. It was done seemingly randomly, which is how a lot of people tend to vote on Day 1. But now that you mention the name I don't like that he's not posting at all. Has he posted more than just the vote for me? I'll have to go back and look through it.

I am going to assume your lack of posts is a timezone difference; is that the case?
    Yeah. Just when trout started to go down I had to teach a class. I came back to find a dead Jiro.

Quote Originally Posted by Madonna
    However, this is all very vague, with hints toward me and Jesswee. Any stronger suspicions? Heck, do you suspect me more strongly than the impression you gave off above? Vocalize it, man, or no one is going to work with it.
    The problem is that I'm not strongly suspicious of anyone right now. Some people aren't really posting enough to analyze their posts, and I think your argument for shion/Laddy/Jesswee is a bit lacking. So I posted something vague because I wanted to see what other people thought of it.

So unfortunately right now I don't have much to go on, except for you. I want to trust you, because if you are town then you're a serious boon to the good guys, but I'm scared that you're operating on a different level than everyone else and that you're going to gently push people into voting for whomever best suits your scummy needs at the time. I'm interested to see what other people have to say about you, because it seems like you've been given a free pass up until now.

Blog Entries

So, guys, the easy path is to go after an inactive, of which there is only one: edzxcvbnm. Heck, we can suspect him because two people who voted for him on Day 1 died. We can suspect him because despite being the safest Night kill, safer than Shorty, he is still kicking. I submit this is nonsense.

If we still want to go after someone who is mostly a non-contributor, I suggest Jesswee, shion, or Red Pill. Comparatively, they have not contributed much. So if that was Shorty's and Jiro's game, I can work with this.

##VOTE: Jessweeee♪

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, I voted edzxcvbnm at first because he wasn't really posting, so I figured why lynch someone participating when we can get rid of someone who isn't. Now I'm just remarking that I think a mafia would probably be more active. But I don't know, I haven't played that much :P. I just get the impression he isn't checking the thread much at all, as opposed to someone who is watching and just staying under the radar. Really though, this is all just me taking a shot in the dark.

I also think killing off people who voted for him is a bit too obvious.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Took the Red Pill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Madonna View Post
    What is your take on the whole Jiro debacle, Red Pill? Do you wish you were here to change your vote? When things started turning up, what would you have done? Votes started piling up on edzxcvbnm and Jiro, edzxcvbnm had voted for you, and what next?
    No, I think that if I was there, I probably would have kept my vote on Jiro. What he was trying to do was over the heads of most of the players (myself included), and I think it's his fault that he expected people to see what he was doing, and then he ended up talking himself into an even deeper hole. I stand by my point that the wild back-and-forth flailing he was doing raises more suspicion than anything anyone else was doing on Day 1. I don't fault edzxcvbnm for voting for me. It was done seemingly randomly, which is how a lot of people tend to vote on Day 1. But now that you mention the name I don't like that he's not posting at all. Has he posted more than just the vote for me? I'll have to go back and look through it.

I am going to assume your lack of posts is a timezone difference; is that the case?
    Yeah. Just when trout started to go down I had to teach a class. I came back to find a dead Jiro.
    This is understandable, if disheartening. It is not as if I did any different. I was hoping though, that you would have some more thoughts about other people's actions, like Shorty's voting behavior, your fellow voters, and the other people who stacked on edzxcvbnm.

edzxcvbnm has only made the one post. Maybe we should look into them prodding rules.