A name that I, your humble chorus, would not self-apply
    In homelands mine; but, then
    We stray now from fair Albion and from France
    And see no Queen of bawdy songs and cheers
    And in an angel's city take our chance
    For stupefying tales to take our ears.
    To war on Arab kings acoast we go,
    Needing a man of times, though hero not;
    Hear me call him not hero; what's in a hero?
    Sometimes there's a man, your prologue's thought.
    The Knave, though scarcely man of honour'd grace,
    Nor god Olympian, nor yet employ'd,
    Was nonetheless for all his time and place,
    The man befits the circle he's enjoy'd.
    A man of lazy ways, of epic sloth;
    But, losing train of thought, I've spake enough!

DRAMATIS PERSONAE:
    Jinx
    Laddy Scotty_ffgamer
    I Took the Red Pill
    edczxcvbnm Endless
    Jessweeee♪
    Jiro
    Shorty
    Madonna
    shion

Still Alive
    Laddy Scotty_ffgamer
    Jessweeee♪

No Longer Living
    Jiro, Woo, Vanilla Townie, Lynched D1
    Shorty, Sir Geoffrey of Lebowski, Vanilla Townie , Shot N1
    I Took the Red Pill, Jacques Treehorn, Mafia Rolecop, Lynched D2
    Madonna, Bonnie Lebowski, Vanilla Townie, Shot N2
    Jinx, Geoffrey "The Knave" Lebowski, Town Jailkeeper, Lynched D3
    Endless, Sir Donald of Greece, Vanilla Townie, Shot N3
    shion, Maude Lebowski, Vanilla Townie
    Last edited by Citizen Bleys; 01-14-2014 at 09:45 PM.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Game Rules

General Rules
    1. Play to your win condition
    2. All EoFF-wide rules apply
    3. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three.
    4. Don't be a dick
    5. Do not edit or delete your posts in this thread. If there is a problem with a post, such as incorrect formatting, tough.
    6. Do not quote communications outside the game thread, including role PMs, quicktopics, etc., in the game thread. This specifically includes PM timestamps. Paraphrasing is allowed. If in doubt, ask.
    7. Stay away from the summoner!
    8. Unless I have specifically told you it is allowed, do not talk about this game outside of this game thread until it is completed.
    9. Do not use cryptography, invisible text, tiny text, or the like.
    10. Do not bring outside factors into this game. This includes, among other things, making bets, promises of real life rewards, kneecappers, etc.
    11. No mummified cat juggling
    12. If you wish to address me in thread, please do so in bold so I don't miss it.
    13. This is the secret rule
    14. There is no rule 14
    16. The floor is lava
    17. Breaking one of these rules may, at my discretion, result in a modkill. If you are modkilled, you will become a Neutral Survivor, and thus automatically lose. Modkilling may or may not end the game day depending on which is more harmful to the modkillee's faction. Please don't make me modkill anyone. That will make me sad.
    18. No set of rules can be all-encompassing. I reserve the right to take any action at any time, for any reason. However, I try to be extremely reasonable. If you have any questions about the game, rules, or players, please ask me via PM.
    19. Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good Luck.

Activity Rules
    1. If a player goes 24 real life hours without posting (or after 12 hours by a player's request), they will be prodded. Prods will be announced in thread.
    2. A prodded player has 12 hours to respond. If they do not, they will be replaced (and my disapproval may be expressed via rodentia-based projectiles hurled by my patented Ratapult™).
    3. If you receive 3 prods in one game, you will become a magical liopluradon. As liopluradons (liopluradonia?) cannot speak or type, this will make it necessary to replace you.
    4. Each game day will have a deadline of 24 real life hours. If deadline should pass while I am shagging my secretary working industriously at my place of employment, I will check the timestamps before counting votes and unvotes.
    5. In the event a deadline is reached before a lynch, then plurality rules apply; this means that the player with the most votes will be lynched; in the event of a tie, the potential lynchee with the oldest first vote on them will be lynched. No-Lynch functions like a player for voting/lynching purposes.
    6. Each night will have a deadline of 18 hours.
    7. If a player has a night action and fails to submit before the deadline, no action will be performed by that player. Mafia players may submit night actions for their teammates.
    8. Night actions may be submitted in advance if you are going to be away for the night phase.
    9 . Deadlines may be extended upon request or for completely arbitrary reasons at my discretion.

Voting Rules
    1. Votes and unvotes must be on a separate line, using the format ##Vote: PlayerName.
    or ##Unvote. (You do not have to specify a player name when unvoting, and you do not have to unvote before voting for a different player.) If I perceive it as a vote, it counts as a vote
    2. The exception to Rule #1 is if you unvote and then immediately vote on the same line. That's cool.
    3. Once a majority of votes is reached (# of players / 2 + 1, rounded down), that person is lynched. Further votes and unvotes during twilight will not be counted.
    4. All living players, including the lynchee, may continue to post until I start the night phase.
    5. If you are dead, You may make one post with no game related content (a bah post) during the next day or twilight. "Bah" posts are required to contain the word "habiliments."

Death
    Unlike previous EoFF games, this one will make use of an offsite Graveyard that dead players can communicate within; this will allow dead players to discuss any information they may have tht the living players should not be party to, such as investigation results that were not claimed, or identification of breadcrumbs that may have been missed. Non-players can be given access to the Graveyard by PM'ing me a request, but once you have access to the Graveyard, you may not replace into the game due to your access to privileged information.

Sample Role PMs
    Mafia Rolecop
    Welcome, _
    You are a Mafia-aligned Rolecop. You are part of the scum team with _, a Mafia Goon. You have unrestricted day and night talk with your partner here

Each night, your team can choose one player to kill. You win when your team outnumbers the remaining players or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

During the day, you have the ability to post in the game thread and vote.

Each night, you may choose to learn the role of one player, receiving a result (i.e. "Jailkeeper," "Vanilla Townie," or "no result" if unsuccessful, at the beginning of the next day.

You can also carry out the mafia's factional kill for the night and a rolecop on the same night.
    Mafia Goon
    Welcome, _
    You are a Mafia-aligned Goon. You are part of the scum team with _, a Mafia Rolecop. You have unrestricted day and night talk with your partner here

Each night, your team can choose one player to kill. You win when your team outnumbers the remaining players or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Town Cop
    Welcome, _
    You are a Town-aligned Cop. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Each night, you may choose to learn the alignment of one player by PMing your target to the host. You will receive a result of "Mafia" or "not Mafia" if successful, or "No Result" if not, at the beginning of the next day.
    Town Doctor
    Welcome, _
    You are a Town-aligned Doctor. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Each night, you may choose one player other than yourself to protect from being killed that night. You will not be told whether or not you are successful. Select your target by PM'ing the name to the host.
    Town Jailkeeper
    Welcome, _
    You are a Town-aligned Jailkeeper. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Each night, you may choose one player other than yourself to jail that night by PMing your target to the host. Any actions attempted on or by a jailed player will fail. You will not be told if any actions were attempted on or by that player.
    Vanilla Townie
    Welcome, _
    You are a Vanilla Townie. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Intriguing.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

All Role PMs are out! Play can now begin.

Vote Count 1.0:

Jinx (0) -
    Laddy (0) -
    I Took the Red Pill (0) -
    edczxcvbnm (0) -
    Jessweeee♪ (0) -
    Jiro (0) -
    Shorty (0) -
    Madonna (0) -
    shion (0) -
    Not Voting: Jinx, Laddy, Red Pill, edczxcvbnm, Jessweeeeetc., Jiro, Shorty, Madonna, shion

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch or no lynch

Deadline is 24 hours from this post.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

ok raise your hand if you're mafia

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

*raises hand*

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Articles
    Blog Entries

Good day ladies and gents. I suppose we shall soon commence the killings?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Also, let's hope I'm better at Mafia than I am at getting cast for American reality shows.

Blog Entries

Lynching on Day 1: your thoughts? My thoughts are that it is generally folly. I am willing to discuss this.

Quote Originally Posted by Madonna View Post
    Lynching on Day 1: your thoughts? My thoughts are that it is generally folly. I am willing to discuss this.
    I'm pretty sure that a No Lynch on Day 1 is generally not advantageous for the Town. Lynching is the only game mechanic in the hands of the Town majority. If we don't lynch on Day 1 then we're just giving the Mafia free night kills. And how much more information will we actually have on Day 2 if we decide to abstain now? I say it's not worth it. Do a quick google search for "Mafia Day 1 no lynch" and it seems like everyone who knows what they're talking about (i.e. not me) is against it.

(or perhaps Madonna knows this and is trying to lead us astray here...?)

As an aside, living in China, in a timezone 13 hours ahead of EST, makes it difficult to keep in sync with the day/night phases of this whole thing. I'm gonna try my best though.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Madonna View Post
    I feel like in most games it's almost impossible to make a logical choice on who to lynch on Day 1. It's all luck and the odds are highly against us. However, with no day one lynch, day two is just another day one, and there's absolutely no pressure on mafia. It's a place for us to start.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

This is me closely aligning myself with I Took The Red Pill so that when I flip scum he will be the next most suspicious.

I am a little jaded about Day One phases. First we talk about who to kill, then we talk about how we should not kill anyone, then we talk about how Day One is a crap shoot anyway, then somebody gets meta, then we make a stupid crap shoot anyway. This is me drawing way too much attention to myself and being overly meta in an attempt to appear arrogant. Or I am being arrogant. I can't remember.

##Vote: Shion

Like I Took The Red Pill, I don't believe faffing about today, voting No Lynch, and then waking up one man down tomorrow is going to help us any. I'm interested in wildly killing each other and hoping for the best because I'm feeling lucky, punk.

Also, it's always the innocent looking ones, innit?

For what it's worth, I have randomly chosen two suspects to hound for the entire game because I'm channelling my inner KaiserDragon -- I'm right 9/10 times, buckos!

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Intriguing.
    This is where I unreasonably accuse you of being scum and say something like "PRAY TELL WHAT THOU FINDETH INTRIGUING, YOU STRUMPET" and get a formal warning from the host and staff for being aggressive and insulting. (I hope you hate me as much as I hate myself here, but my ~BIG PLAN~ was ruined pre-emptively.)

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I think Jiro is being too meta.

##Vote: Jiro