Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast

Thread: EoFF Mafia : 2of4 Micro

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If you were a townsperson, you would likely be offering yourself up to gauge the reactions from the folks who think you are someone you are not.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If you were not a townsperson, you would likely be offering yourself up to gauge the reactions from the folks who think you are someone you are not.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Consider this, then: I am Town aligned. If I were the Jailkeeper, would I claim. Not unless I was, well, drunk. (oh!) But no. I wouldn't do that. A power role like that in a game like this is a game changer. That's too dangerous to give up. I'd not lie low, of course, because being randomly shot at would suck. But I would post just enough, and I would put pressure on people who I thought most likely to be Town; that way, the Mafia would be more likely to keep me around as I am clearly not a threat.

If I were a Vanilla Townie, then all bets are off because my power is entirely what I can create with it. I've tried being the awesome leader and directing people around but my scum radar is not as amazing as I would like it to be. Mind you, I did recently win one of those murder mystery parties, so I can't be all bad. But my functionality as a Vanilla Townie rests on what I can create with it, and relying on the power roles to (hopefully) not catch a bullet or be investigated.

So, what to do then?

Well first of all, to stop people beating around the bush. Mafia members like to hide behind "oh Day One is sooooo random" and let us flail around without purpose. (I always have purpose, see.) By pressuring people, you put them in awkward positions where they feel compelled to come up with a cover story to stay off the chopping block (see: me right now).

Secondly is to be way more interesting and unpredictable. I could be the biggest threat to the Mafia or no threat at all depending on how cards are played. So people's reactions (or lack of reactions) to my behaviour are definitely intriguing.

And I'm bored so I'm gonna drink the rest of this Canadian Club and see what happens next.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

My core plan rests on the idea that I survive long enough to place today in some sort of context but as things turned sour (I should be used to this by now) I am left with only the hope that others can piece it together and the fact that at least we're not lynching the Doc.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I didn't really explain myself well. I just meant there's not a lot to go off of and discuss on Day 1. On Day 2 we'll have a ton of trout to pick apart; as things are right now, we can really only guess or go off a whim. That's what I meant when I said "what is there to do on Day 1?"

You're also overlooking the fact that my first post in this thread basically said that I'd rather do a lynch in the hopes it helps us or at least provides us information, than not do anything at all.
    I want to point out this post because Jinx is arbitrarily on my list. Apart from the deaths, what makes Day Two significantly more populated with information than Day One. I get that connections can be drawn between things a little clearer, but I have done an adequate job of giving us a central event to frame everything and you are more than capable of discussing the events as they unfold. Your insistence that Day One is sparse and almost pointless is troubling my prickly cactus friend.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

The absolute worst thing is dying alone guys COME ON

Blog Entries

I think I have already seen most of your points in my own posts, Jiro. I do not dispute a Vanilla in your spot could be a very good bonus for the town, but I have to dispute you being Vanilla. To be meta, I know you and what you can do. I know beyond all certainty you could pull off either the brilliant Townie or the bravest goon in this situation, and I have looked at the pros and cons. Sadly, you're good, and that is great, but there are more Days out there, and there are two mafia to root out. Worrying over one person who has theoretical power and what they theoretically might do does not serve me well when I have to worry about what Day 2 is going to look like.

What happens tomorrow? What happens tonight?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Someone's going to die.

Blog Entries

Since this cannot only be about Jiro, let me point this out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Although, shion has the fewest links, that's something to ponder...
    What. shion has three links, the same as Laddy(!) and Jessweeee♪(!). What makes shion stand out more? Both of our votes are on Laddy anyway. Why vote Laddy, point at shion, but not mention Jessweeee♪?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Madonna View Post
    I think I have already seen most of your points in my own posts, Jiro. I do not dispute a Vanilla in your spot could be a very good bonus for the town, but I have to dispute you being Vanilla. To be meta, I know you and what you can do. I know beyond all certainty you could pull off either the brilliant Townie or the bravest goon in this situation, and I have looked at the pros and cons. Sadly, you're good, and that is great, but there are more Days out there, and there are two mafia to root out. Worrying over one person who has theoretical power and what they theoretically might do does not serve me well when I have to worry about what Day 2 is going to look like.

What happens tomorrow? What happens tonight?
    This is the same logic I applied to you, and I can wholeheartedly understand why you have reached this conclusion. I choose to be a little more confident in the Town and less confident in the Mafia, though; bad guys slip up.

I don't mind going out like this. As you say, being the Vanilla Town in this position means that, at the very least, no power role is under direct threat. Death happens, a lot, in this game.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Madonna View Post
    Since this cannot only be about Jiro, let me point this out:
    Although, shion has the fewest links, that's something to ponder...
    What. shion has three links, the same as Laddy(!) and Jessweeee♪(!). What makes shion stand out more? Both of our votes are on Laddy anyway. Why vote Laddy, point at shion, but not mention Jessweeee♪?
    well trout that's an interesting observation

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh dear, I've misread your list, haha. I was playing a game at the time!

I am primarily interested in Laddy and shion because I have yet to see much of them at all in this thread. And Jesswee is my favorite, what can I say. I don't want to believe she's suspicious at all, and I'm going to be very sad if I am wrong.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

in the interests of transparency: I repped that post of Shorty's with the comment "that was so deadpan it was glorious" (or something like that I can't even remember now wtf)

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just think of me as Kim Pine from Scott Pilgim.

Blog Entries

Oh dear, I've misread your list, haha. I was playing a game at the time!

I am primarily interested in Laddy and shion because I have yet to see much of them at all in this thread. And Jesswee is my favorite, what can I say. I don't want to believe she's suspicious at all, and I'm going to be very sad if I am wrong.
    Worst logic ever.