Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can i run it?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

that wouldn't be related to the power of your hardware in either case,but a bug in the game

is bugenhagen actually a doctor? in what?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

wasnt he refered at in te game with Dr? in VII?

anyway question about FF8 .. is there a Limit break?

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I don't know if he's ever referred to as a doctor.

Yes, there are limit breaks. They don't quite function the same as in the other games. There's no visible gauge that you can see, and they're triggered by low health but not every turn. There's a magic spell you can cast to increase the frequency of them.

In case anyone is wondering, the reason why the game has quite high requirements for such an old game is probably because it's been optimized to run on Steam and on modern operating systems, as the original coding was done for Windows 98 machines.

Blog Entries

yes but even then it should say that that requirements :o even for a 'remastered' game its too much

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Because of the shoddy way they ported FFVII and VIII back in the day, the requirements for playing them on PCs are much much higher than they have any right to be. I'm surprised if even an old laptop has trouble these days but that's the reason the specs are so high.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I'd have thought the problem was that the game wasn't optimised. It's probably one of those cases where the game is so old it can't even recognise that your graphics card exists.

Bugenhagen might be a doctor in some translations of the game. It wouldn't surprise me, the dude is effectively a sage anyway. And astronomy is a pretty scientific field.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Blog Entries

a Dr, as like Sheldon Cooper is a Dr.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by AssassinDX View Post
    In case anyone is wondering, the reason why the game has quite high requirements for such an old game is probably because it's been optimized to run on Steam and on modern operating systems, as the original coding was done for Windows 98 machines.
    That doesn't actually affect too much. The requirements are more likely to take into account whatever your current OS wants to have available. 4 GB RAM is sort of recommended just to use Windows 7 these days. The game is unlikely to use anything more than 500 MB. You can also probably get away with any graphics card that fully supports DX9.

Also, the game isn't in any way remastered. It is ported. It's not even much of a port, just a modification of the already existing PC version, which still runs on modern PCs if you just adjust your software right. Changing the PC version to work better with Win7 and such is likely to have been a pretty simple job, so don't flatter SE by calling it a remaster.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AssassinDX View Post
    That doesn't actually affect too much. The requirements are more likely to take into account whatever your current OS wants to have available. 4 GB RAM is sort of recommended just to use Windows 7 these days. The game is unlikely to use anything more than 500 MB. You can also probably get away with any graphics card that fully supports DX9.

Also, the game isn't in any way remastered. It is ported. It's not even much of a port, just a modification of the already existing PC version, which still runs on modern PCs if you just adjust your software right. Changing the PC version to work better with Win7 and such is likely to have been a pretty simple job, so don't flatter SE by calling it a remaster.
    like i said dr_evil_austin_powers.jpg Remasterd... i just dont know any other word for it

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

ported. that's another world for it

also, that idiocy suggested by the website are still recommended, not minimum system requirements. another reason to take it with a bucket of salt
    Last edited by Mirage; 01-11-2014 at 02:33 PM.