Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stop spoiling everything!

Blog Entries

sometimes I guess right, most of the time I get it wrong or am partially right.

Blog Entries

Y'know... I've never really cared about the whole fiasco of 'spoiling' things. I mean I'll keep my lips sealed if the person I'm talking to doesn't like having the story spoiled but it never, EVER bothered me.
    Why?
    Because I'm like my mother... when I pick up a book, I skim through the first few pages, somewhere in the middle, then the ending, to determine the quality of the book and whether or not I want to read it. I determine its quality on the flow of the character/environment interaction, scenarios, buildup hints, and quality of writing in general. (This is how I knew not to pick up Twilight months before it exploded in popularity. Upon discovering how loved it was, I had to go back and actually read it just to see what the fuss was-- I have to say it was HILARIOUS throughout).

I do the same with long tv series; I don't usually like to pick up brand new shows unless they're just kinda slapstick lighthearted stuff where nothing really matters (Space Dandy is one of these things) so that I can have the freedom to 'skim' through the first episode, a middle episode, and the ending to determine its value. Games are KIND of the same way. I actually have to watch someone else play its and pieces of a game on youtube before I decide upon my purchase. The most important thing to me is the Final Boss Battle. I do not like to be disappointed.

I don't do this with movies, though. No real point.

As it is, if someone 'spoils' something for me, I generally don't care. If it's something like a plot-twist or a fact about the story that's genuinely upsetting or disappointing, I consider it to be a warning to keep in mind for once I get to that point in the story. Like 'they unnecessarily killed off so-and-so and it really disappoints me'.
    That, for me, is good to know ahead of time... because the last time a series unexpectedly killed off a character I liked, I DROPPED IT COMPLETELY and never went back. I like to know if a storyline is going to unexpectedly take a turn for the worst or something really sad so I'm not a bawling mess.

Maybe I just don't like mysteries?
    I especially don't like blood-baths for stories. Those are never fun for me.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

I once watched a Poirot and guessed the Murderer within 2 minutes of watching the show, but it was pure luck lol

Articles
    Blog Entries

Some times. I guessed a plot twist during Doctor Who and Final Fantasy VIII and I was pretty proud of it since I don't do it much. One time I made a joke playing SmackDown vs. RAW 2008 about what I thought was going to happen and then... it happened.