Thread: Batman Forever

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Batman Forever

Brace yourself, EoFF, I'M COMING TO THE LOUNGE!

Just going to kick my feet up here *lay feet on table and relax* All right, movies.

The first movie I ever saw in theaters was Batman Forever. The year, 1995. I would have been five years old going on six in three months. I can still remember sitting in the theater watching Tommy Lee Jones as Two Face terrorize this guy in a giant ball of some sort going on his luck rant and then revealing the ugly side of his face. Then Batman coming in on the elevator with all the goons shooting at it just to find no one inside and then Batman is beating everyone's asses and saves the day. Then a pretty lady shows up, then we got Robin, then Jim Carey as The Riddler, "Caffeine will kill ya!"

It was awesome.

Talk about Batman Forever here.

Actually haven't seen this one, but heard that it was nice c;

Have only seen the 198 ( 7 ? ) one, the one with all the freeze puns ( Batman and Robin ? ) and the newest ones.

* Needs to get Netfix *

Articles
    Blog Entries

Batman and Robin came out in 1997 and we wouldn't see a Batman film again until 2005.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Batman and Robin came out in 1997 and we wouldn't see a Batman film again until 2005.
    I watched this as a kid and simply loved it... I tried watching it the other day and it was simply dreadful, those pecs that Clooney and his *I'm Batman* and lets not forget Arney and his super lame puns...

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i hate all the batman movies, untill it got serious with Christian Bale.
    i just dont like the style of those older batman movies

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm a fan of Tim Burton's Batman movies, particularly the first one. It had a nice mixture of comic book silliness and seriousness.

While I know I've seen Batman Forever, I don't remember anything about it. I think I liked it as a kid when I saw it. I did have an awesome Batman Forever cardboard display thing hung up on my wall from my dad's work because his work made cardboard boxes and displays for movies and such like what you'd see in a Walmart or something. I like Batman and Robin as a kid, but it's definitely a bad movie.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I love your threads about random stuff from decades ago, ToriJ.

I actually thought Batman Forever was a pretty entertaining movie back when I first saw it. At the time I had a pretty huge brocrush on Jim Carrey though. I thought he was really amusing as Riddler. Tommy Lee Jones was an awful Twoface though. Val Kilmer and Chris O'Donnell were just ok.

If I saw this movie today I'd probably think it was really dumb but my young self did like it. :aimgrin:

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Carl the Llama View Post
    I watched this as a kid and simply loved it... I tried watching it the other day and it was simply dreadful, those pecs that Clooney and his *I'm Batman* and lets not forget Arney and his super lame puns...
    My young self was so excited to see it and couldn't get enough. I for some reason thought the story would be so good they'd have to make it a two parter.

Someone in Hollywood must have heard me...

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_ffgamer View Post
    I'm a fan of Tim Burton's Batman movies, particularly the first one. It had a nice mixture of comic book silliness and seriousness.

I like Batman and Robin as a kid, but it's definitely a bad movie.

^ This so much

Expect I wasn't allowed to watch the first one as a child. Mom thought the ending where Joker 'jumps it' and it shows his crushed body on the ground was too dark; but watching it since a teen, it's become one of my fave Batman movies ever, even more than the newer ones.

But Ghostbusters and Aliens were all A- OK for a kid to watch

Yeeeah Batman and Robin starts to show it's ugly head when you turn about, 12.

Articles
    Blog Entries

^ She must have HATED the ending of Batman Returns, then. My parents didn't think either Tim Burton movie was bad enough to keep me away from but my mom and I didn't care too much for Batman Returns. I started to appreciate Returns more when I got older.

She must have HATED the ending of Batman Returns, then.

Sorta ? The Penguin is her favorite Batman villain so she was upset to see him go ;c

Articles
    Blog Entries

Oh.

I was always put off by the gross way he died, myself. Ew! He's bleeding black.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

I liked this film. Jim Carrey made it for me. Although it has been years since I last seen it so I don't remember all that much. Didn't mind Batman & Robin either, no matter how much people tend to hate it.

Str8 Pimpin'

:monster:

I really enjoyed this film as a kid and probably saw it three or four times. I don't remember much about it now though. Batman and Robin, on the other hand, made me cringe and I only saw it the once.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)