Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Lion King

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    We have two copies of the VHS for some reason. No idea why. Both work just fine.
    wouldnt know if mine worked fine becaus we dnt have a VHS player anymore xD

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaibana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    We have two copies of the VHS for some reason. No idea why. Both work just fine.
    wouldnt know if mine worked fine becaus we dnt have a VHS player anymore xD
    My parents are stubborn and insist on having a DVD/VHS combo that they started making a few years ago.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

haha xD thats golden!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Oohh boyy

[img]

I don't hate this movie per say, though I do think that's really overrated. Young Simba annoys me, I can't stand I Can't Wait To Be King, the fact that Scar starts out as a amazing and threatening villain and then wussies out during the final half annoys me too, and I can't stand Timon and Pumba either; Timon is a dick to his friend, and Pumba is just fart jokes.

Scar during the first half of the movie and his To Be Prepared song however I do really like, I really do love Mufasa, like adore him, and adult ! Simba can be really relate-able, because we all do sometimes feel like we've smurfed up in life and just need guidance to step forward again.

It's not on my top 20, but maybe top 30.

gets banned from forums
    No worries, you're allowed to be wrong.

Fun fact: The Lion King and Pocahontas were in production at the same time, with it being believed that Pocahontas was the next Disney classic and The Lion King being the B-movie. If you were working on The Lion King, you were like the second-rate team.

Disney clearly underestimated people's love of homicidal lions.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Wow, that's crazy to think about. Sucks for the Pocahontas production team :P

The Lion King crew must have been in heaven after seeing the general reception.

Quote Originally Posted by Shlup View Post
    Fun fact: The Lion King and Pocahontas were in production at the same time, with it being believed that Pocahontas was the next Disney classic and The Lion King being the B-movie. If you were working on The Lion King, you were like the second-rate team.
    Pocahontas had that Princess meets handsome boy and falls in love thing that worked so well for Little Mermaid, Beauty & The Beast, and Aladdin; while during production TLK had this 'Bambi with Lions ' attitude, towards it.

That's what they said on the TLK DVD anyways xD

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I remember going to the cinema watching this with my Dad. We watched the opening few minutes with 'Circle of Life' and I was nearly in tears at the end of it. I remember my Dad turning to me and saying " I can happily leave now and feel like I've got my moneys worth".

Still my favourite Disney film to this day.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

This is my first memory of a movie I saw in theatre. I was 3, and my uncle took me. I peed my pants because I didn't want to leave the excellent movie to go to the bathroom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I peed my pants because I didn't want to leave the excellent movie to go to the bathroom.
    I did this during The Two Towers. It's a lot more embarrassing when you're twenty.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

This is my first memory of a movie I saw in theatre.
    I was just going to say. Well it was either this or Jurassic Park (whichever came out first).

Great film. The best scenes were with Mufasa but I can't remember much else about it.

Str8 Pimpin'

Blog Entries

TLK almost didn't even get made, I thought? Or was that another Disney movie.

The movie version of "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" was originally totally recorded with Timon & Pumba singing it (as opposed to just the first bit and Elton John was -furious- and told production that they've ruined everything.. So they changed it. At least that's what I remember.

I absolutely love TLK. I used to have the entire like 1st 30 minutes or so completely memorized word for word. It wasn't the first Disney movie I saw in theaters, though.. -That- was The Little Mermaid.

I bought it for myself Parker when it came out on DVD a couple of years ago... In the opening song, she'd belt out "NAAAHHHHHZABENYAAAA KONICHIWA~!" (yes. Exactly like that).. It was hilarious.

Articles
    Blog Entries

This is my first memory of a movie I saw in theatre. I was 3, and my uncle took me. I peed my pants because I didn't want to leave the excellent movie to go to the bathroom.
    I know that feel. Never actually peed my pants but I've held in plenty because I didn't want to go to the bathroom while a movie was running, but once those credits started rolling all bets were off.

But NOW they have two sets of credits with an added scene between them which makes me
    Last edited by Ayen; 01-15-2014 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by noxious.sunshine View Post
    TLK almost didn't even get made, I thought? Or was that another Disney movie.
    It was Aladdin. They had huge problems with it. During what they call ' Black Friday ' it almost got canceled, due to how many huge issues with the movie.

I heard that they also had this problem with Frozen, it had so many problems.

Blog Entries

You're right! It was Aladdin!

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Lion King was also the second film I saw in theaters, the first being unfortunately being Bambi. Odd thing is I am trying to find the year I saw Bambi in theaters. I could've sworn it was 1993, but wiki says it was re-released in 1988...hmmm.