Thread: The Indian in the Cupboard

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default The Indian in the Cupboard

So, there's this kid, right? And he got this cupboard. And he stick his toys inside the cupboard and when he takes them out they're alive! It was the most awesome cupboard ever and I want one

Yes, The Indian in the Cupboard is yet another fine movie I watched when I was a kid. We still got it on video somewhere around here. Probably buried with all the rest. It's been years since I watched it so I don't remember it that well. I just remember the kid, the Indian and the cowboy and taking the Indian to school and keeping him in his bag. Or was it his pocket? lol Indians and cowboys you can put in your pocket!

Discuss.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It has been many, many, many years since I have seen this movie. I remember enjoying it, though!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

The movie was okay but I liked the books way more!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Man, I don't know why it still surprises me every time I learn a movie I saw was based off a book. Hollywood wishes it could be that original on its own.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I never read the books, but I liked the movie a lot. I had the VHS version that came with reversible cover to make it look like the cupboard and a little plastic key. It was pretty awesome.

Although, I really don't remember anything about the movie aside from what you mentioned in the OP, ToriJ.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT THESE BOOKS AND WHY THEY RUINED MY CHILDHOOD

The first books in the series are all innocent right? You put action figures into the cupboard and they come to life, right?

Okay well in the last book the author starts dumping all this stuff on you about how any time you put an action figure into the cupboard, that toy's real-world counterpart falls into a coma. So like, somewhere the Native American and the Cowboy were in a coma the entire time the action was taking place.

IT GETS WORSE. There's this girl toy who straight up dies one day. One day she's a little person and the next she just turns back into a toy with no warning. TURNS OUT THAT IN THE REAL WORLD THEY JUST STOPPED HER LIFE SUPPORT AND LET HER DIE BECAUSE SHE WAS IN A COMA FOR SO LONG

God these books ruined me

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Wow, I had no idea the story was so brutal. That's not a children's book at all!

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Grin

Sherman Alexie is gay?

Blog Entries

>:O I mentioned this in the something thread! YOU STOLED IT!

jk.

I have it onVHS somewhere but I haven't watched it in agggesss.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post

The first books in the series are all innocent right? You put action figures into the cupboard and they come to life, right?

Okay well in the last book the author starts dumping all this stuff on you about how any time you put an action figure into the cupboard, that toy's real-world counterpart falls into a coma. So like, somewhere the Native American and the Cowboy were in a coma the entire time the action was taking place.

IT GETS WORSE. There's this girl toy who straight up dies one day. One day she's a little person and the next she just turns back into a toy with no warning. TURNS OUT THAT IN THE REAL WORLD THEY JUST STOPPED HER LIFE SUPPORT AND LET HER DIE BECAUSE SHE WAS IN A COMA FOR SO LONG

That's dark. Just another reason not to read books 8D

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post

Don't forget the WWII medic guy. Remember, Omri brought him to life to help the Cowboy after Little Bear shot him (I think. It's been a while.) He mentions right before he arrived he could hear mortars overhead. Anyway, they send him back afterwords. Later, they try to bring him back for a visit, and when they open the cupboard there's just a little, neatly folded uniform. He was killed by mortar fire.

Good book series.

EDIT: Also, never seen the movie.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

omg Pike whaaaat