Quote Originally Posted by jlenoconel View Post
...but am going to wait till I'm level 30 before I start working on my other class(es). Great advice from everyone though. I've noticed quests in my current class seem to be drying up. Maybe its just me thinking that and I'm not looking enough for new quests.
You're not. There's exactly enough main quests in the game to get you from 1 to 50 on your first character, with no extra EXP from Leves, FATEs, or re-running dungeons. At level 25, there should be 2 or 3 zones with 20-30 quests, and they are linked together. If you clear one zone, it should tell you where to go next.

You really don't need to start working on cross-class skills until after you reach your Job upgrade at 30; at that point, you must level a second class to 15 (it'll tell you which one). Even then, you can freely switch classes by equipping and unequipping weapons before then. You get an EXP bonus for leveling any class that is not the highest level, so leveling for cross-class skills should be relatively painless. Once you switch to your Job, you can only pick 5 at level 50.