Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fast Food

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I don't like skinny fries.

I really go there for the side-by-side chocolate banana shake.

:monster:

Skinny fries are the best. The best fries I've ever had are Ruth's Chris' super shoestring fries. I wish I knew what seasonings they used for those.

the shakes are indeed amongst the best parts of the restaurant though. I don't get them too often anymore because risk of diabeetus but still.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Wrong. Sweet potato fries are best fries.

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Grin

There's a really great taco truck nearby. I should make a point of eating there more often.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Wendy's is my favourite but I don't get to go often given that they do not exist on this side of the pond. I prefer McDonald's to Burger King - I think both their fries and their burgers are better, and you can't go wrong with a McFlurry. Not to say I dislike Burger King and I'll always have a Bacon Double Cheeseburger when I'm at London Euston station.

To be British, everyone has their local chippy they love! I think it's weird that there's no real chain of Fish and Chips. I mean, I guess Harry Ramsden's but it's hardly as omnipresent as the likes of Subway or what have you. Also Pizza Hut isn't really fast food over here, it's more of a restaurant. It always confuses North Americans when I take them there

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Wendy's is my favourite but I don't get to go often given that they do not exist on this side of the pond. I prefer McDonald's to Burger King - I think both their fries and their burgers are better, and you can't go wrong with a McFlurry. Not to say I dislike Burger King and I'll always have a Bacon Double Cheeseburger when I'm at London Euston station.

To be British, everyone has their local chippy they love! I think it's weird that there's no real chain of Fish and Chips. I mean, I guess Harry Ramsden's but it's hardly as omnipresent as the likes of Subway or what have you. Also Pizza Hut isn't really fast food over here, it's more of a restaurant. It always confuses North Americans when I take them there
    I always feel like a sell-out grown up when I go buy a sandwich from the M&S at Euston rather than Burger King. Can't remember the last time I actually caved in and went there. I've never been to a Harry Ramsden's - are they any good? You're right that people in the UK get quite attached to their local chippy though.

I enjoy fast food, though I rarely eat it these days. I go to Nando's probably every couple of months as it's a routine I have with a friend from university who I see from time-to-time. I prefer McDonalds out of the main chains, but haven't been for at least two or three months.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Burger King is the only fast food joint in town that has a veggie burger option, and it is delicious. McDonald's has those Mediterranean veggie wraps, which aren't bad either. I enjoy Wendy's but the closest thing they have to a burger replacement are the baked potatoes, and, really, I'm not going to a fast food restaurant to eat a god damn baked potato with fries.

On the healthier side of things, I've always preferred Quiznos to Subway. Subway has far too much bread going on, it's overpowering. Also, Quiznos guacamole is excellent.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Also Pizza Hut isn't really fast food over here, it's more of a restaurant. It always confuses North Americans when I take them there
    All of the Pizza Hut's I've ever been to have dining areas with waitstaff. They even have lunch buffets on weekdays with different pizzas, pastas and salads. Are there Pizza Huts that are fast foodish?

I guess my favorite place right now is Zaxby's, which is a chicken joint primarily in the US South East, so maybe Noxy and Nico have eaten there. It's labeled "casual dining" but if your restaurant has a drive thru then you are fast food. They make these little tiny sandwiches with a chicken finger in them that I like. And they have the best fries.

I don't want you to be confused and think I'm saying "They have very good fries." They have the best fries. Crinkle cut with some kind of red-orange season delicious powder spice. And you dip them in ranch dressing? smurf you, that's good eats.

I like Subway over Quiznos because while Quiznos is delicious all the ones I've ever been to have kind of odd looking veggies. All the Subways I've been to, save for one horrible one, had really fresh vegetables. Maybe I'm getting tricked, but so be it.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hell yes, foaface, I will dip my fries in ranch until it is taken away from me.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've been to Zaxby's. I don't mind it.

I really like McDonald's, KFC, Taco Bell, Wendy's. I like A&W but it seems to be slightly different down here. I like Pizza Hut, also. I liked Harvey's which is basically a Subway, but for burgers. I like New York Fries, they have some great poutines.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Hell yes, foaface, I will dip my fries in ranch until it is taken away from me.
    I actually never did this until I was an adult and my sister made me. I can actually remember the outing on which this occurred. Then everything got dipped in ranch for a while.

Have you ever gotten cheese sticks/bread and dipped in ranch? mmm.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Burger King seems to trump McDonalds when it comes to fast food. I am trying to avoid fast food though but it's really hard when you're travelling to a 9am meeting and theres a McDonalds RIGHT THERE with a Sausage and Egg McMuffin waiting for you.

Zaxby's is amazing. We don't have one near us

We do have PDQ, which is pretty similar and also good. Unfortunately it's also pretty expensive.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've forgotten about In n Out because there isn't one anywhere near me, but In n Out is the most superior fast food place of anywhere.

I've never had In n Out because we don't have them anywhere around here and I never think to get something from them when I'm on vacation to somewhere that has them. I also don't think I've ever had Sonic.