Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Pete's top 25 videogame random award show!

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    Blood Money is my favourite Hitman game for sure. So awesome. That ending.

I think my favourite mission is a toss up between the theatre and that christmas party. Shooting the glass bottom pool and tossing the dude off the balcony is great, and the whole switcharoo with the prop gun is just excellent.
    I really enjoyed the christmas party indeed! Other favourites are the one with the FBI and witness protection program and the one with the wedding and alligators.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_ffgamer View Post
    I've never played the Hitman games. This is making me think I should try them out though!
    Blood Money should be real cheap by now, and Absolution probably is reasonably priced too! Getting them for PC on Steam is probably your cheapest bet.

They're well worth checking out and I would recommend playing Absolution first. Blood Money may seem a little outdated to get into.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

actually yeah every mission on Blood Money was pretty smurfing excellent. wow

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My favourite of the whole series. If you asked me to choose my favourite level, I would simply have to list them all in chronological order, because there is not a single duff moment or opportunity in this game. Bloody love it.

I didn't know about the canon ending until my third playthrough, however, making me the dunciest dunce in Duncetown.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I may just have to play one of these Hitman games eventually.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If I recall, you're a fan of stealth games, BoB. If so, you must at the very least play Absolution. Hitman games are all about exploring your surroundings and developing an intricate plan of attack as you go through.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd rather play Blood Money first, especially if it is more dated. I can handle more dated controls and such, but it would be harder to get into if I start with Absolution probably.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Blood Money is one of those games I got for practically free off a Steam sale but never booted it up yet... I might have to check it sooner rather than later as Peters rec is just the latest in a long line of praise I've heard for the game..

Quote Originally Posted by Quinternational Man of Mystery View Post
    My favourite of the whole series. If you asked me to choose my favourite level, I would simply have to list them all in chronological order, because there is not a single duff moment or opportunity in this game. Bloody love it.

I didn't know about the canon ending until my third playthrough, however, making me the dunciest dunce in Duncetown.
    Hah! I too let the credits roll until the end first time around.

Thinking of the chronological order, man this game has a well balanced learning curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_ffgamer View Post
    I'd rather play Blood Money first, especially if it is more dated. I can handle more dated controls and such, but it would be harder to get into if I start with Absolution probably.
    Ah, fair enough! Can't go wrong with playing them in order

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    Blood Money is one of those games I got for practically free off a Steam sale but never booted it up yet... I might have to check it sooner rather than later as Peters rec is just the latest in a long line of praise I've heard for the game..
    Please don't let this classic wither away in your backlog

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Awww yiss Blood Money. Best Hitman for sure!

I think it's in my Steam account somewhere and if so I need to replay it.

#11:

hawx1.jpg

Tom Clancy's HAWX

The supersonic fighter jet game boosts away with the following awards:
    “Best online dogfights. Period.”

I don’t believe anyone else on EoFF has ever played this game. When my beloved Ace Combat series switched to 360 exclusive with Fires of Liberation, I picked up HAWX for PS3.

HAWX is by no means the best game ever made. The main campaign had a pretty good first half, but the second half missions were uninspired and felt like filler. I don’t even remember the ending. The multiplayer seemed lacklustre too. Featuring only one game mode - 4 vs 4 team deahmatch - it seemed like HAWX was rushed and unfinished.
    But this barebone multiplayer mode surprised me like no other online multiplayer had before. It was simple, but it was online dogfighting at it’s best. Overwhelmed by missiles flying, point streaks being called in and furballs all over the place it quickly became clear that skill was all that mattered here. I was hyped and I practiced and played and practiced until I ranked among the top dogs. Even though players were few, there were other fanatics just like me. The best player on the enemy team would get highlighted when targeted and he/she would immediately become my rival. More often than not it was mutual, and when that happened it seemed like the other scrub pilots weren’t even there. Being the best was all that mattered and that could only be settled ace versus ace. By the end of it I often recognised rival pilots I encountered before when entering a room. We had a small, dedicated community of ace rivalry and it was glorious.

"Ali g has joined the game"

hawx3.jpg

I have fond memories of being the ace dominating the skies of HAWX and I’m looking forward to the next jet fighter title to bring back that feeling
    Last edited by Pete for President; 01-31-2014 at 03:45 PM.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

The only flying game I ever really got into was Crimson Skies. Something about flying is like, too much at once. So tough.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think this one passed me by. The screenshots look great though.

I think the last flight simulation game I played was Pilotwings on the Super Nintendo

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    The only flying game I ever really got into was Crimson Skies. Something about flying is like, too much at once. So tough.
    That's probably why I like flight games brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    I think this one passed me by. The screenshots look great though.

I think the last flight simulation game I played was Pilotwings on the Super Nintendo
    That is old school. I bet hawx is dead cheap by now, but the multiplayer must be dead. Not too sure if I would recommend it for that reason, and there may be another title on this list I would. More on that later : )

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Could not get into HAWX myself. But if any title from the flight series I'm very much into shows up later then it's all good. I won't name names because I don't want to steal your thunder and it's a safe bet the game you're referring to is from this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Could not get into HAWX myself. But if any title from the flight series I'm very much into shows up later then it's all good. I won't name names because I don't want to steal your thunder and it's a safe bet the game you're referring to is from this series.
    I think you are thinking what I am thinking. Be patient though, it's pretty high up