Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Pete's top 25 videogame random award show!

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Vice City is the best GTA game. Excellent choice.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Haha, my mom hate this franchise so much because of the cop killing, crime and sex.

I need to play it.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I highly recommend it. Just about anything with cop killing, crime, and sex gets the Vivi22 stamp of approval.

I used to kind of like GTA (and Vice City is definitely the best one), but then I played Saints Row, and realized it was everything GTA should have been.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    I highly recommend it. Just about anything with cop killing, crime, and sex gets the Vivi22 stamp of approval.
    Why am I not surprised?

Quote Originally Posted by Spuuky View Post
    I used to kind of like GTA (and Vice City is definitely the best one), but then I played Saints Row, and realized it was everything GTA should have been.
    Saints Row is another one I want to try too. It looks hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Haha, my mom hate this franchise so much because of the cop killing, crime and sex.

I need to play it.
    I highly recommend it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Spuuky View Post
    In a sense, maybe. I can see how Saints Row and all it's craziness could let you loose with creativity even more than GTA does. But I like how Vice City strikes a balance at remaining credible as a story while still pushing the boundaries of the wackiness. I actually cared for the characters.

Also I dig mafia-gangster vibe a lot more than 'from-the-hood' or 'pimp' gangster vibe.

#7:

sotc1.jpg

Shadow of the Colossus

The wanderer didn’t care about the following awards:
    ‘Most one with nature’
    ‘Best companion’
    ‘Most painful feeling of loss’
    ‘Most welcome feeling of isolation’

I find it hard to describe the core of what makes Shadow of the Colossus truly stand out so much. Of course I could name the obvious things like the amazing soundtrack and epic boss fights, but there are so many important underlying subtleties to this game. It gets called a work of art more than any other and for good reason.

Everything about Shadow of the Colossus is presented in such subtlety, simplicity and clear vision that immersion is immediate. We’re in a forgotten land, armed with only a sword, bow and arrow for the entirety of the adventure, accompanied only by our good friend Agro and no-one else. Before you know it you’re standing next to the altar in beautiful light staring at the same scene for multiple minutes. Are we still playing a game?

Shadow of the Colossus brought immersion and compassion to a new level. Wandering around this wild forgotten land I stopped and stared at the various landmarks and scenery, hung out with the lizards for no reason at all, hunted for fruit, galloped along soaring eagles, complimented my best friend and companion with a pet on the back and while all of these things are never the goal of the game, I felt like I needed to anyway. And I wanted to.

Shadow of the Colossus is a tragic, epic tale of a wanderer in a forgotten land and I can’t wait to go on this desolate adventure again.

Articles
    Blog Entries

@first pic, I think you're going to need a bigger arrow.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Have you played the game Tori? That arrow is just for getting his attention.

Articles
    Blog Entries

As is the case for most of these lists you can bank on me having either never played or never heard of it.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This one you absolutely must play. One of the greatest games ever made, hands down.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

And its free on Playstation Plus!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I never played this on the PS2. I think it's one of those games that passed people by on release. I first heard of it when my best friend would not stop talking about it. He said to me I need to buy the HD release on PS3. Ever the sceptic, I merely rented it on Lovefilm. It even lay there for two days before I decided to try it.

It was there at the same time my friend (the friend in question) was visiting. We played for about an hour before I said I didn't want to play anymore. It wasn't that I disliked the game... far from it. I just knew I wanted to go through this struggle by myself. I was Wander. It was just me and Agro. I wouldn't use a guide. I didn't even tell people I was playing it. I'd never been on journey like before or since.

It was a special experience.

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    As is the case for most of these lists you can bank on me having either never played or never heard of it.
    This one you absolutely must play. One of the greatest games ever made, hands down.
    Vivi's right! Another one to add to you list Tori

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    I never played this on the PS2. I think it's one of those games that passed people by on release. I first heard of it when my best friend would not stop talking about it. He said to me I need to buy the HD release on PS3. Ever the sceptic, I merely rented it on Lovefilm. It even lay there for two days before I decided to try it.

It was there at the same time my friend (the friend in question) was visiting. We played for about an hour before I said I didn't want to play anymore. It wasn't that I disliked the game... far from it. I just knew I wanted to go through this struggle by myself. I was Wander. It was just me and Agro. I wouldn't use a guide. I didn't even tell people I was playing it. I'd never been on journey like before or since.

It was a special experience.
    Good choice! That sounds like the right way to play this game. Isolation and amazement.

Articles
    Blog Entries

What I need is a library with every single game ever created, accompanied with every system ever created, so I can just go in, grab it off the shelf and play it any time I desire. Then I would never have to worry about tracking down copies and money issues ever again.