Following the footsteps of Loony BoB, Necracker, Shion & Sharky and Maybee I would like to welcome you all to my very own top 25 videogame wacky award show! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Predictions for awards and game positions are welcome and I'll totally pretend which game ranks #1 is not obvious at all. So without further ado, here's the kick-off with #25

#25:

okami1.jpg

Okami

This beautiful title for Playstation 2 has been awarded the following awards:
best wolf-sim
best enemy kitchen environment
"most kick-ass character design"-award
"most naked fisherman”-award

Oh Okami, you did so many things so well. The scenery was amazing. Characters are playful and very creatively designed. Running around like a wolf-god actually felt like running around like a wolf-god. I had a great time just sprinting around blowing stuff up, making things grow, hanging out with the local wildlife, slashing up enemies, setting them on fire, freezing them to death, blowing them away and all the other good stuff.

I was one with nature like a true hippie and it was amazing.

But there is one major flaw with this game I can not forgive; Issun. A prime-example of hold-your-hand game design. Every puzzle gets spoiled and every event is overly explained. I’m surprised no-one on the Clover team could mention that the script might be getting a bit out of proportion. Oh well!

Okami is like a top grade student with an attitude: gets straight A’s but stands in the corner of shame anyway for not keeping quiet.

This character brought Okami the most naked fisherman award:

Next title coming this afternoon!