A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Dancing Chocobo

Was it Sherman Alexie?

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Shows: Game of Thrones, Legend of Korra, Girls, The Wire, The Walking Dead, Sonic Boom (1 or 2 episodes though)

Movies: I don't even know how many movies I've seen this year. I've lost count, but I'm pretty sure it's way beyond 30.

Podcasts: Nerdist, Shane and Friends, We Know Nothing

Music: (Only listing the full albums I've listened to and not everything because ain't nobody got time for dat) Eyelid Movies, Voices, Nightlife, Random Access Memories, Vulgar, Congratulations, Oracular Spectacular, Colors of Jazz

Books: Been slacking on my book reading lately but I've managed to read a wopping two books. xD Dad if Fat, which was hilarious and another book that I don't remember but it wasn't that good. Once I get an e-reader I'll be able to read more during my commute. In terms of books I don't have a gender preference, I like both female and male authors, but I identify more with black authors.

Video Games: Destiny, Pokemon X, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, Skyrim, The Walking Dead S2, The Wolf Among Us, Red Dead Redemption (just felt like randomly replaying it but I was also trying to play the Undead Redemption add-on but it's not working despite me paying for it), Tales from the Borderlands, Game of Thrones, Splinter Cell: Blacklist, virtual chess, Grand Theft Auto V, Borderlands, Tomb Raider

Comics: Fables (didn't complete it and didn't like it :/)

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Dancing Chocobo

Thinking about it a bit more, I guess I relate to poor people. I'm much more Frank McCourt and much less Oprah Winfrey!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Calliope View Post
    Was it Sherman Alexie?
    No, Khaled Hosseini. And he is Afghani, thus making me a racist. Also I liked that book I read by him and it wasn't even his most famous one. So I think I'll read that one to try comply with affirmative action.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default 2014 Media Log Review

Time for my review for a few of the things I've seen this year.

SHOWS
    Girls (Seasons 1-3)
    Rating: MEH

In three days I watched all three seasons that were available. The first season was quite interesting and painted a realistic portrait of struggling 20-something NYers trying to get their lives together post-college or with one character, during college. The second and third seasons were riddled with gratuitous tit shots, sex, and overly self-involved people. You couldn't love any characters because they're all so self-involved and annoying. I also don't care anymore to see Lena Dunham naked. Keep that trout under clothes.The third season I could tell had some last minute writing which I later discovered was due to the fact that one of the main characters quit. I don't blame him. This show is terrible and it sucks because it had potential.

The Wire: (Season One)
    Raiting: UNDECIDED/IN PROGRESS

I started the first season and was bored to tears. It's very slow moving. I think the better seasons are probably the later ones, but I feel I'd be doing a disservice to skip. I also can't get over how bad Dominic West's American accent is. That too probably got better with later seasons.

Movies
    Gone Girl
    Rating: BAD

This review is cut short because a bigger one is coming. In short, I hated it. Not only were both main characters terrible people this film is riddled with "WOMEN ARE TERRIBLE" subtext. It's only saving grace it's engagement for a person who has not read the book and won't see some of the plot twists coming in part, because the twists are stupid.

Video Games
    Grand Theft Auto V
    Rating: GOOD (Recommended)

In terms of Rockstar Games I rate their games on a scale of their other games. Red Dead Redemption being the highest. It's not the best GTA in my opinion because it's not as encompassing as San Andreas although it tried, and the story and music isn't as engrossing as Vice City, but it's pretty damn good. I loved the voice acting, dialogue, and seedy Los Angeles landscapes. The addition of driving aircraft is still as frustrating as it was in previous games. I wasn't too crazy about the multi-player but I like the fact that so many people can be roaming around the city with you, yet they never seemed to interact with me. Maybe my character smells bad.

Pokemon Omega Sapphire
    Rating: GOOD (Recommended)

I finished this quicker than I did previous Pokemon games. They do have a delta episode after you finish the main story line that I still have to do in order to get Rayquaza, but it's pretty done. I guess they want you to focus on capturing the horde of legionaries you can get in this game. I've already gotten eleven of them at this point. I never played the original Ruby or Sapphire so I can't tell how much different it is except for the obvious 3D integration. I did absolutely love the detail they put in the towns. There was a tree town and town built on water. That was pretty cool.

Tales from the Borderlands (First episode)
    Rating: AMAZE BALLS (Highly recommended)

I didn't play Borderlands before playing this, but let me tell you it was great. So funny, long, and action-packed.