Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7 Moments That Made 'Frozen' the Most Progressive Disney Movie Ever

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You know, the whole time I was watching Frozen, I kept feeling like it was very Wicked-esque. I kept thinking, "This sounds so much like Wicked! Is this Idina Menzel? It sounds like Idina Menzel..." And it turns out it was Idina Menzel! And Elsa's Let it Go is basically Elphaba's Defying Gravity. Plus all the female duets going on in both. No wonder I loved Frozen cause I loved Wicked too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    I... did not notice #5 at all. xD I am impressed.
    Eh, #5 is bogus. In the sauna there is a young man (Oaken's brother or son, I believe it's his son because he's perceivably younger, but w/ a different nose, yet same colored hair), a young women (on his left) w/ brown hair and a towel up over her breasts, and three children (2 boys, one girl) that all have the same color hair as the young woman (who is obviously their mother).

I hadn't heard anything about this when my wife and I took our son and his lady friend to see it (when it first came out). When I saw that scene I had presumed that Oaken's wife had passed.

I don't see Disney putting something like that out there just yet.

On a side note; I didn't know anything about this movie before watching it. I had no idea what to expect. All I knew of it was the short preview with the snow man and the reindeer fighting over the carrot (nose). I haven't had a "surprise" like that since I watched "From Dusk Till Dawn" many years ago (I had no clue what that was about before seeing it, the vampire thing really caught me by surprise).
    Last edited by Vasher; 01-22-2014 at 11:34 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Number 6 and 7 make me happy.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Eh, #5 is bogus. In the sauna there is a young man (Oaken's brother or son, I believe it's his son because he's perceivably younger, but w/ a different nose, yet same colored hair), a young women (on his left) w/ brown hair and a towel up over her breasts, and three children (2 boys, one girl) that all have the same color hair as the young woman (who is obviously their mother).

It looks like the two in front are young girls, there's a young boy in the back... Then there's a woman on the right of indeterminable age, and then... a random man, who's made the focal point in the arrangement. Obviously they weren't explicit, and I am really not the type of person who likes to make leaps to create the headcanon I like, but I think Oaken being gay is a really reasonable interpretation.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think if the older girl was supposed to be his wife, she'd be in the middle (like Shlup pointed out) and if the blonde man was his son, they'd have more than just one blonde child...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It could be anything. At the very least it's ambiguous. :sophia:

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum