Thread: BLIZZARD INCOMING

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Laddy View Post
    It's rare for it to snow much in a given year, so the whole area flips out. I remember in high school the school closed down for like three days based on the unfulfilled prospect that it might snow.
    That's worse than my sister's school, which preemptively closed all day Tuesday despite the fact that it didn't actually start snowing until 5-6 PM that day.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I live in downtown Chicago and I love snow. Snow is always so stupidly magical and I love it. Since I work in IT we can work from home if we want/need to. Chicago itself never shuts down though. The companies I have worked for cannot shutdown as the global economy at large depends upon them to be up and do what they do so the closest I have seen is "Warning weather be troutty so WFH if you want/need to"

That happened during the "Polar Vortex" earlier this month (I got up at the crack of dawn to drive out to Indiana to see my dentist and apparently IN had declared a state of emergency and closed all highways...news to me because I drove on the highway for about 2 miles in IN and it was super crappy and totally unplowed.

Now for a classic picture of Lake Shore Drive from a few years back.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Laddy View Post
    It's rare for it to snow much in a given year, so the whole area flips out. I remember in high school the school closed down for like three days based on the unfulfilled prospect that it might snow.
    That's worse than my sister's school, which preemptively closed all day Tuesday despite the fact that it didn't actually start snowing until 5-6 PM that day.
    But it never snowed and yet stayed closed! For three days!

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I am getting sick of it, but I am used to it as a fellow Chicago land area resident like my good buddy, edczxcvbnm. If there are no cars or hazards around, I'll actually power slide in the snow for fun here and there.