Does it snow much where you live? Do you like when it snows? How does your area react to snow? Are you forced to go to work/school even if you have to exit your house from a window, or does your city/county/state freak out into a blind panic at the first sight of a flurry?

My area definitely leans toward the latter. Today, the Maryland state government elected to preemptively shut down all state buildings around noon (it was supposed to start snowing where I am sometime in the early afternoon -- with an expected accumulation of a whopping 5-8 inches throughout the evening and night). Because the court is a state building, the doors were locked by law after the morning docket. The local administrative judge said "wtf, it's not even snowing yet, and the judiciary is independent, we're still having court." While it is true that the judiciary is an independent branch of government and the judges could technically hold court, they can't do anything about the doors being locked and nobody being let in. And then the Governor apparently called and said what I'm sure was something to the effect of "I said to shut down, goddammit." And so court was closed.

It didn't actually start snowing -- lightly, at that -- until 5 PM anyway. There's currently maybe 2 inches on the ground.

Best of all, according to the court's website, my county's courts have already been declared closed for tomorrow.

Share your snow stories, especially those of comic overreaction.