Thread: ToriJ Watches Supernatural

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default ToriJ Watches Supernatural

My latest demon hunting writing have gotten me in the mood to finally watch Supernatural. I've watched bits and pieces of it here and there over the years, but never sat down and watched a whole episode uninterrupted or followed it that closely. That changes today as I make my way through season one.

My god, I had no idea how long this show has been on the air. The WB was still around when this thing started. I was going on sixteen. Dean and Sam are so young and sound completely different in this episode. Had no idea the Winchester Brothers were a 31 minute drive from here. Represent!

Pretty solid pilot episode. Dean's my favorite and I like the banter between the brothers. The ghost story was interesting too and had plenty of jump scares that I haven't been the victim of since Doctor Who, especially at the end. One second she's sexy and the next OH MY GOD! I swear, Supernatural, if I end up having scary smexy ghost lady dreams I WILL KEEL YOU!

It left me wanting more and don't mind if I help myself to some more now.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Going on episode seven now. So far my favorite episodes have been the Bloody Mary, Lake and airplane episodes in that order. Bloody Mary has always been an old favorite of mine and the mystery in all these episodes have kept me hooked. I like the inclusion of demonology and such, too. I've been noticing a lot of celebrities from different shows guest star on this. Fin before he was Fin, Fred from Angel and Christy from Charmed.

Dean has good taste in music.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

A note in advance that when the creator leaves the show at the end of season 5 opinions tend to be divided on the series. I still like it, but it spent a good bit of time going through show runners trying to find its footing again for a while, and I can't deny that despite some stellar episodes here and there, those first few seasons after 5 did dip in quality. Don't want to scare you off or anything though. You'll probably still enjoy them for the most part if you're digging the show now, it's just better to be prepared because god damn those early seasons built up to some epic trout.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Is season five around the time it became less about hunting different paranormal figures and more about heaven versus hell?

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's about that earlier really, but that stuff is freaking awesome so it's cool. It's once the apocalypse stuff is over that it has trouble finding a direction.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I am one of the ones who was not pleased about how they kept dragging things on in Supernatural. It had a nice natural finishing point, but it kept coming back. xD I was enjoying it well enough but it just... lost me. I gave up at S7 I think? But yeah, enjoy it! It is legitimately good for a while. :}

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm on episode seventeen now, so not much left in season one. I love how in episode fifteen they think it's business as usual only to find that for once they actually are dealing with crazy human beings. "I'd be damn!"

I also really enjoyed the episode with the woman controlling a grim reaper and the ghost truck. DARLA!

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Whenever I get around to watching this, I guess one could say that I'll officially be in this so-called "SuperWholock" fandom that exists and consists of the shows Supernatural, Doctor Who, and Sherlock. I feel convinced that this show will be fun to watch, and I already like the opening theme, which is "Carry On Wayward Son" by Kansas.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I liked this show! I only made it to the second season and got distracted, but I plan to finish it at some point.

It's a guilty pleasure. I don't think it's a good show by any means, but I keep watching. And not hate-watching. I'm just waiting for Misha Collins to show up so I can spend the entire remaining episodes ogling him.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    I don't think it's a good show by any means
    Get out.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

What he said.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I love Supernatural and holy damn I spent like 2 years of my life being a super-obsessed crazy fan girl lady over it. I haven't watched it in a while although I believe I finished season 6 and got about halfway through season 7. I still need to catch up. I am one of those who think it kind of should have ended at 5.

But honestly, the characters are so likeable, Jared and Jensen have brilliant chemistry on screen and I just... I just smurfing love all of it. Oh man, so many feels from my fangirling days......!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It really should have ended at season 5, but I find it hard to be overly upset that it didn't when it's given me so much more Crowley since.