Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: WINNERS ANNOUNCED: Lightning Returns Poster Giveaway

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I really need to budget. I just have the minimum put down for it. I love free goodies. I am a sucker for bonus stuff. I really love it when it's like a login type thing "play this app and get this!" It's how I have a bajillion things for Dragon Age 2. Every time I start a game of that I start with a ton of stuff. I'm a sucker for ingame stuff. Even if it's silly outfits. Or a silly hat. Or like a title or something for your character. I eat that trout up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctis Caelum View Post
    Exclusive Steelbooks available with preorder from Futureshop. EB Games/Gamestop exclusive costume DLC can smurf off.
    I don't think it's exclusive to Gamestop, the Square website has the Cloud outfit as a pre-order as well
    Yeah, I think that's supposed to be for any preorder. You might want to contact Futureshop.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Exclusive Steelbooks available with preorder from Futureshop. EB Games/Gamestop exclusive costume DLC can smurf off.
    I don't think it's exclusive to Gamestop, the Square website has the Cloud outfit as a pre-order as well
    I'm not talking about the Cloud outfit. That isn't a preorder exclusive, contrary to how they're advertising it. Those are being shipped with every first edition copy of the game. No matter if you preorder or buy it on stores on the first day. It's going to be inside of the game. When those games run out of print and SE makes more, however, I'm sure they won't include the DLC any longer.

I was talking about the two Samurai outfits that EB/Gamestop has as their exclusive incentive. Unless it's an EB Canada exclusive? Which I highly doubt.

Last edited by Noctis Caelum; 01-31-2014 at 11:23 AM.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Canada has EB games too? awesome.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

I'm not talking about the Cloud outfit. That isn't a preorder exclusive, contrary to how they're advertising it. Those are being shipped with every first edition copy of the game. No matter if you preorder or buy it on stores on the first day. It's going to be inside of the game. When those games run out of print and SE makes more, however, I'm sure they won't include the DLC any longer.

I was talking about the two Samurai outfits that EB/Gamestop has as their exclusive incentive. Unless it's an EB Canada exclusive? Which I highly doubt.

Um, I haven't seen either of those outfits on any promotional material from the US's GameStop. Maybe they are exclusive to the Canadian shops.

Dangit, now I have to figure out how to pick up the Canadian outfits. Le sigh. Damn my obsessive nature.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

That pre-order bonus doesn't look familiar to me, either. Then again, I purchased the collector's edition straight away and didn't even look what was offered elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post

Um, I haven't seen either of those outfits on any promotional material from the US's GameStop. Maybe they are exclusive to the Canadian shops.

Dangit, now I have to figure out how to pick up the Canadian outfits. Le sigh. Damn my obsessive nature.
    After a bit of researching...

Probably a good idea to call Gamestop and find out what smurfery is afoot. Some dickhead could have photoshopped this though. It looks identical to the EB Canada one, except for the logo swap.

I laugh at the use of the word "exclusive" these days. It's all such BS.

That pre-order bonus doesn't look familiar to me, either. Then again, I purchased the collector's edition straight away and didn't even look what was offered elsewhere
    Good on you. I would have absolutely as well. However, no credit card, and I have no desire to get a preloaded one. Plus, I know SE's store is notorious for poor shipping, and that's just for people in America. I KNOW if I paid over $100 (the shipping from USA to Canada is a bitch, trust me), that it would take 2+ weeks for it to arrive here. That is a deal breaker for me. I may just buy one eventually on eBay. A year from now they'll be dirt cheap because hating the XIII series is cooler than hipsters these days.

I really want that pocket watch. ._.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah we have EB games in Canada . I thought EB games and Gamestop were owned by the same company though?

Quote Originally Posted by shion View Post
    Yeah we have EB games in Canada . I thought EB games and Gamestop were owned by the same company though?
    They absolutely are. Gamestop used to be EB Games in Americaland. But then when they got new owners, they renamed them to Gamestop. Why? I don't remember. But they're the exact same brand. Just different countries.

OT, it's nice to see another Canadian on here.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

It was two companies, gamestop bought out EB and converted them to Gamestop. For some reason they only did it to the american stores. But yeah, it's all the same company.

Yeah, the collector's edition bonuses (mainly the collection box and art book) looked worth it to me so I went ahead and bought it. ... And then I remembered the FFX/FFX-2 HD Collector's Edition was also amazing (you get the OST and lithographs?!) so then I kinda wished I had spent money on that instead. But oh well! I don't regret it ... yet.

I wish I could pick it up at Gamestop on launch day rather than having had to pay for shipping with Square Enix. Sigh, exclusivity D:
    wheee!

:hello: WHAT HAPPENED TO THE HELLO KITTY SMILEY :hello:

Articles

What was the collectors editon for FFX-X2 Remastered in america? We get a colectors editon that has an artbook for like £5 more but not much else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shauna View Post
    What was the collectors editon for FFX-X2 Remastered in america? We get a colectors editon that has an artbook for like £5 more but not much else.
    That's it? D: The collector's edition for North America seems pretty great--it comes with a 40 page artbook, five lithographs, and a "visual" soundtrack for FFX. Here's a link to the Square Enix blog post about it!

I totally wish the collector's edition for Lightning Returns had lithographs and a soundtrack. I woulda been all over dat.
    wheee!

:hello: WHAT HAPPENED TO THE HELLO KITTY SMILEY :hello:

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

these exclusives are getting p. ridiculous when they're short changing some regions. Why can't everyone just get everything? Why do you have to play favourites?

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.