Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: WINNERS ANNOUNCED: Lightning Returns Poster Giveaway

Articles

We did, but I'm still sore about SMT IV. No European release date yet.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shauna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    So the Limited Edition is available to everyone who preorders, but the Collector's Edition is actually a limited production run. Maybe they should just call it a "special" edition if they aren't actually going to make it limited.

And only available to a particular region. I am somewhat bummed, but I'm cool with it, money I would have spent on the Collectors edition will just go towards Lightning Returns instead :3
    That's the best way to look at it. Plus the bonuses that come with the limited edition are still really cool.

Honestly I prefer the blue box art that comes with the limited edition but i'll be going for the plain white because of what it comes with.

Articles

The box I'll be getting has the Lighting on it on a dark background. Kinda hoped there would be some familiarity between the boxart of the games as FF13 had white background with lightning on it, and FF13-2 had white background with the logo on it. I like to nitpic about covers you see, it's a hobby.

The box I'll be getting has the Lighting on it on a dark background. Kinda hoped there would be some familiarity between the boxart of the games as FF13 had white background with lightning on it, and FF13-2 had white background with the logo on it. I like to nitpic about covers you see, it's a hobby.
    I agree, but content always wins out over cover, in my mind.

I actually like both the Collector's Edition and Limited Edition covers of the X/X-2 HD remix though.

There are times I like the art, and times I appreciate the elegant simplicity. Which is why I like the poster.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

More and more I feel the physical releases are going to be brushed off. Slowly, but surely. We all love to collect, but in Canada, certain games are getting priced over the stanard $60 price tag (LR is $65 at EB games and Watch Dogs is available for preorder at $70.) Iunno. These are bad times for physical. If it costs me an extra $20 to get a cover, disc, and pathetic manual, I'm just gonna say smurf everything and go digital. >_>

PARTICULARLY for PS4 when I get one. I mean, we have to install the games anyway, physical copy or not. There's just no merits to having a physical copy anymore it seems. Besides collecting or the resell value.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Noctis Caelum View Post
    If it costs me an extra $20 to get a cover, disc, and pathetic manual, I'm just gonna say smurf everything and go digital. >_>
    Even now I think a lot of games are automatically going with digital manuals. Which is great. I didn't look at them much because I usually know the instructions of what i'm playing but I do appreciate the little things like short character bios.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    If it costs me an extra $20 to get a cover, disc, and pathetic manual, I'm just gonna say smurf everything and go digital. >_>
    Even now I think a lot of games are automatically going with digital manuals. Which is great. I didn't look at them much because I usually know the instructions of what i'm playing but I do appreciate the little things like short character bios.
    Oh yeah. But deep down, we've been gaming for x amount of years. We don't need manuals to know how to play the game, what it's about, or whatever else anymore. We used to, back in the 90s or whenever, when we were young and starting out, but now we have the brain capacity to know how things work. Everything is explained in the game or we can take a 10 minute research session online and find everything we need. I think it just stems from most people feeling like they have to get something physical if they are going to drop $60 on a game. And I can truly understand that. But I think going forward, that is going to become less and less of an issue. Especially if other venues start entering the digital marketgame place and make digital games cheaper. That's what has to happen. Although deep down I will always love collecting physical copies... I just think I'm ready to embrace digital going forward.

Except of course for the rare Collector's Edition set that I actually would like to physically touch. But that's rare. Would have loved to get LR's CE but Square had to make that very difficult for me. Sucks.

But for Final Fantasy XV, standard edition, if it's $60 to download it at 12:01am on the day of release, or to wait for the store to open at 10am and pay $79.10 (tax included) for the physical copy... nope. I'm going to say smurf the physical crap and go digi. I hope other people do too.

Oops, I forgot to link my twitter tweet, my bad.

Oops, I forgot to link my twitter tweet, my bad.
    Edit the post, then. Don't double post. It's more tactful, and leaves the forum less cluttered. There are times to double post, but adding in something you left out is really what the edit function is for.

Also, this whole rant was mostly an excuse to get my daily post here in, because I wasn't sure how to continue the topic at hand.

Personally, like books, I don't think physical copies are going to go out of style during my lifetime. Too many people grew up with them. When the generation growing up with digital content and digital copies becomes the primary market, though, things are going to change.

Articles

I have grown up with physical copies of games, so that's what I like. I get more satisfaction of seeing my games slowly filling up the bookcases I have. I don't get that sane sort of satisfaction from digital games.

That being said, if a game us digital only like ace attorney dual destinies I'll still get it.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Just received an e-mail notification today that the game has shipped!

I have grown up with physical copies of games, so that's what I like. I get more satisfaction of seeing my games slowly filling up the bookcases I have. I don't get that sane sort of satisfaction from digital games.

That being said, if a game us digital only like ace attorney dual destinies I'll still get it.
    I agree with that. I will also buy games digitally if their physical form doesn't come out until months after the digital release. Namely Telltale Games The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us which are released in episodic format.
    Last edited by Lone Wolf Leonhart; 02-07-2014 at 11:07 PM.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Last day! Then I have to do actual work and tally everything and pick winners. :P

Good luck with that Freya! And best of luck to everybody else. But I hope I am the wiener! D:

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    Just received an e-mail notification today that the game has shipped!

I agree with that. I will also buy games digitally if their physical form doesn't come out until months after the digital release. Namely Telltale Games The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us which are released in episodic format.
    Awesome. Is it possible that you can get your copy early on Monday instead of Tuesday?

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Last day! Then I have to do actual work and tally everything and pick winners. :P
    Woop Woop! Hopefully we didn't spam up the place too much with talk of colelctors editions for games that weren't lightning returns :P. I pre-ordered my game today so hopefully should be here on Friday :3

What is the actual release day, again?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.