Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What motivates you?

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That feeling I get when something has been accomplished. That and also people who don't want me to succeed. They motivate me everyday.

Blog Entries

I've literally lost pretty much all motivation over the last few years.

I just can't be bothered to care about much anymore.. Yeah there's my daughter and that's something, but I generally feel that I've fallen so far down that there's just no way I can ever get back up again. I can't help feeling that way- I just do. There's so many knots to untangle and I just don't see the point in trying anymore.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i want to go back to sweden for a holiday of dog sledging.
    i am unemployed at the moment, so first thing ill have to get a job. but i simply refuse to do work that i dont like and work in my field of interest is scarce.

ive been in Sweden for 2 months and i loved it.
    but now around this time i see alot of pictures of that company and trainer with the sledge and it makes me jealous and sad that im not there

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Even if I'm not able to see how things will get better at the time, I know they sure as hell won't get better if I don't at least try.

To some people it's not worth trying without knowing. To me it's not worth accepting something bad without at least trying to make it better. /shrug

The next season of whatever TV show I'm into really makes me upkeep my livelihood. Ugh, and I guess my romantic relationship too. But by much less.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Being able to visualise a goal motivates me.

I've had something of a life crisis for a while now, I don't know where I want to go in life or what I want to do. While I do enjoy spontaneity, I like to have an idea of the path my life is going. I think I've reached the start of a new beginning in which I think I've finally found a doable path for myself in which I can start plotting little goals to help me reach it. It's exciting.

FFXIV Character

Kai Windflower (Sargatanas)

Motivation has always been a difficult creature to tame. I think a great deal of motivation is inherently genetic, as some people may have lower thresholds for sustaining perpetual motivation and the upkeep of resilience. I have a rather low attention span, and my ideals and goals tend to be only fleeting. I'd say that the only thing that has ever truly motivated me has been 'fear'.

The fear of getting reprimanded or shouted at by teachers was my incentive to learn. I had little interest in most schoolastic subjects at a base level. Most of my percieved interests in learning has been driven by an ego. An ego to be percieved as an intellect, rather than naturally haivng that kind of mindset.

I still struggle to day to get anything done that isn't 'required' to survive. My hobbies and interests are always bouncing from one idea to the next, and I don't think I have ever really completed anything I have strove for in the past.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    That and also people who don't want me to succeed. They motivate me everyday.
    This would definitely motivate me. However, I'm quite lucky in the people I keep around me in that they're all very supportive.

Motivation is something I've always struggled with. I've noticed an improvement recently with wanting to create a better life for me and my girlfriend. It's just a matter of prioritising what part of my life needs improving the most. I struggle when I have lots of things that need addressing... things just get on top of me and I don't end up improving anywhere.

Blog Entries

Deepak Chopra.

there was a picture here

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The pursuit for knowledge and growth motivates me as a student. I find humanity in general absolutely fascinating and studying and debating with people helps me understand not only those around me but also myself.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

The need to be self-sustaining and not owing anybody anything :v

Like ok you think I'm a bad person and a drain on society for not going to school, I don't care it's not like you're having to support me.
    I'm back in school but you think I picked the wrong major, excuse me are you paying my tuition, no, go away.

I basically have one goal in life and it's pretty much just don't be anybody's bitch so I can pick up and move towards something when and if I want to. So it's kind of an anti-motivation?