Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jesse Eisenberg = Lex Luthor

Blog Entries

Default Jesse Eisenberg = Lex Luthor

Jesse Eisenberg Cast as Lex Luthor in Batman Vs. Superman

If you thought Ben Affleck was a surprising choice for Batman, what do you make of Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor?

It appears a lot of people are panning the idea already, but I'm interested to see how it'll be done.. Eisenberg does sort of have an evil looking squint and I've enjoyed him in his recent roles where he's been typecast as the fast talking boy wonder.

Thoughts?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like Jesse Eisenberg a lot. He's been excellent in everything I've seen him in. I think he'll do a great job.

He'll have his work cut out to better Gene Hackman though. He's always been my favourite.

It's good to see him doing something different, he basically plays the same character in everything I've seen him in. A bit like Michael Cera.

They've also got Jeremy Irons as Arthur, I suppose Michael Caine was out of the question as this follows Superman's current timeline rather than Batman's unless I'm mistaken.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Alfred, not Arthur.

I'm interested in seeing it. I find the people complaining already hilarious though. You'd think they'd have learned by now since people had similar reactions to Heath Ledger, and Michael Keaton.

Is he not the guy that they hire for films when Michael Cera says no?

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Jesse Eisenberg is not that surprising, just disappointing because there is a lot of people that would probably be better. For what its' worth, I think he might be able to actually pull this off since he is good at playing dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Alfred, not Arthur.
    Aha, just testing! <_<

I'd like to see Eisenberg in costume before passing judgement, looking the part is obviously important.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm not really sure how this movie is going to go. Seems like it has a lot going on for one film. Could be good, could be bad. Eisenberg probably wouldn't have been my first choice for Luthor but it's not the worst choice.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Jesse Eisenberg is not that surprising, just disappointing because there is a lot of people that would probably be better. For what its' worth, I think he might be able to actually pull this off since he is good at playing dicks.
    He is definitely good at playing dicks. He seems a little smooth for Lex, but we'll see.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Jesse Eisenberg is totally non-threatening and non-forboding to me. I want to hug him and hold his hand and do nothing more because he's such a sweetie; much how I feel about Michael Cera.

I can't see him playing Lex Luthor and will be surprised if he can pull it off. I've never seen him play a dick. I'm pretty sure my experiences with him onscreen are restricted to Rio, Adventureland, and Zombieland, and his roles were pretty much identical in the second two.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Watch the Social Network and you'll get to see him being a dick. I refuse to bother speculating on how well he'll do before the movie is out though. I've learned my lesson when it comes to DC movie casting.

The only thing I was slightly concerned about was that he struck me as kind of young. The I checked Wikipedia and found out he's the same age as Henry Cavill, so what the hell do I know?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If he's a dick, I might be inclined to want to do more than just hand-holding. I can see him being a smirky little bastard and nothing more, really. I don't know if I want to sit through the entirety of The Social Network to observe his acting skills.

:monster:

It's good and worth watching on its own merits. And yes, he's quite a dick in that film. I'm confident he'll be able to play Lex Luthor well. He was also in a recent episode of Modern Family as well, if memory serves correctly, in which he came off as a bit of a dick as well
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

I guess the casting director was misunderstood when he said "Get me Heisenberg!" hahahahhahaha

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

seriously?
    i cant take that kid serious as a 'bad guy', he will always be a 'nerd' too me.

are they after ruining Batman?